Acid thrown on LGBT activists in Russia

21 posts in this topic

london_russia_protest_david_hudson_2.jpg

On Saturday 11 November, the six were leaving the Fourth LGBTIQ+ Family Conference, organized by LGBTIQ group, Resource.

One of the injured was prominent activist Zoya Matisova. She recently joined the board of the Russian LGBT Network.

The Network’s director, Mikhail Tumasov, said some of the victims were knocked to the ground with minor injuries. Police and ambulance were called to the scene.

It is still unclear what was used in the attacks, it was originally thought to be some kind of acid. Tumasov said it smelled like acetone.

The group are trying to figure out how the attacker knew about the location of the conference.

‘I believe there was a person – a spy – who pretended to be an LGBTI person to get the correct information about the event which was hidden from the public,’ Tumasov told Gay Star News.

X

Absolutely disgusting :biblio: hope everyone is safe & this doesn't prevent them from continuing to use their voice to overturn the law. 

Was the asslaint given a key to the city?

Still a horrific country. Only Putin's Russia. 

Gross!!! WTF is wrong with those scumbags :mazen::mazen: 

A shame. My utmost respect goes to those on the front lines in the battle for defending human rights.

what do u expect in a trash country

this is ****ing disgusting and shows me why i hate the world more and more each single day, humans are truly the worse 

I know this has been said a million times, but I'll never be able to understand the obsession homophobes have with us. :deadbanana2: 

It's truly mind-boggling the great lengths these people will go.

26 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I know this has been said a million times, but I'll never be able understand the obsession homophobes have with us. :deadbanana2: 

It's truly mind-boggling the great lengths these people will go.

people just hate things that are different at the very bottom of their heart, always been that way, always will be.

I cannot stand them :biblio: 

Let's throw acid on straight people and tell them their lifestyle choices are gross and disgusting!!!!

Why is throwing acid on people we don't agree with becoming in-vogue now? I swear I've seen like 3-4 examples across the globe in the past year

Either way, this is horrible. F*** Putin and Russia and their abysmal human rights

****ing disgusting 

That's absolutely terrible :!ohno:

this is horrible i first thought this happened in afghanistan when i read the title 

So disgusting. Can't believe USA supports this via their elected leader's relationship with him.

sad this thread didn't even made it to second page. Shows that nobody actually cares for people who don't live in Western countries....