Cry Baby leaves BB200 after 116 weeks

Body Electrician

Melanie Martinez's debut album Cry Baby has left the Billboard 200 after 116 weeks, over 2 years

Cry_baby_cover.jpg

The album managed to remain on the chart without any of its singles entering the Billboard Hot 100

Cry Baby has sold over 400,000 copies in the US to date and has been certified Platinum by the RIAA

Melanie's sophomore album is finished and is expected to be released in early 2018. She is currently in the process of writing, directing and starring in a film to accompany the album.

:clap3:

I thought Cry Baby, the song, or maybe it was Pity PArty managed to enter the BBHot 100 charts

Wow! This is like one of my fav albums of all time <3 

Mrs. Potato Head >>>

This is a great album :clap3:

oh wow not one single? now that's iconic..

tenor.gif?itemid=8059269

Impressive with all but one album track over 40M Spotify streams too.

4 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

I thought Cry Baby, the song, or maybe it was Pity PArty managed to enter the BBHot 100 charts

Wow! This is like one of my fav albums of all time <3 

Mrs. Potato Head >>>

Oh wow, i just checked it out and really not one song managed to enter.. gosh so many underrated songs on this album 

Just now, NYCL said:

I've honestly never heard of her. Is the album good?

It's a great concept album and covers many themes not usually talked about on a pop album, although its definitely not for everyone. Not sure what type of music you're into but give it a listen anyway :eatpopcorn:

we love a legendary, long-lasting albums :clap3: 

Well deserved. The album is absolutely fantastic and she's one of the most creative artists ever,

I love how she's so determined and has such a clear vision for everything including the music, the visuals and music videos, the stories and the aesthethic. 

I saw her live as my first concert and even though she was starting to get sick she didn't dissapoint. This was a super super enjoyable project as a whole and I can't wait for her sophomore effort to be released.

2 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

Melanie Martinez's debut album Cry Baby has left the Billboard 200 after 116 weeks, over 2 years

Cry_baby_cover.jpg

The album managed to remain on the chart without any of its singles entering the Billboard Hot 100

Cry Baby has sold over 400,000 copies in the US to date and has been certified Platinum by the RIAA

Melanie's sophomore album is finished and is expected to be released in early 2018. She is currently in the process of writing, directing and starring in a film to accompany the album.

:clap3:

idgi how she sold ONLY 400k and spent THAT many weeks? :rip: 

34 minutes ago, artangel said:

idgi how she sold ONLY 400k and spent THAT many weeks? :rip: 

Good streaming on Spotify, music videos for every video have helped and the album still manages to sell ~1000 copies weekly :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.