Reputation sold 700K first day.

iHype.

Taylor Swift’s Reputation is off to a red-hot start. The album sold around 700,000 copies in the U.S. on its first day of release, according to initial sales reports to Nielsen Music.

The set was released at 12 a.m. ET on Nov. 10, through Big Machine Records. Its first day sales figure could grow larger, after all of Nielsen’s retail reporters have submitted their sales for the day.

If the album keeps up that sizzling sales pace, it could sell over 1 million copies in the tracking week ending Nov. 16. Further, according to industry sources, it is on track to earn Swift her largest sales week yet. Its debut week could surpass the debut frame of her last album, 2014’s 1989, which bowed with 1.29 million copies sold in its first week, according to Nielsen Music.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8031321/taylor-swift-reputation-sold-700000-first-day-nielsen-music-big-machine-records

1989:

Sources say 1989 sold more than 600,000 albums in its first day on sale, mostly from Target (which carried an exclusive version of the album) and Apple's iTunes Store. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• Toxicity.

• CBXC

• Divine

Top Posters In This Topic

It all makes sense. Her base growing between 1989 and now = more stans to buy the album first week (and day)

That's really good, Adele sold like 1.3M or something right ? :jonny:  But I feel like with Tay, her next days will have more of a decline, with Adele it's different cuz everyone is her fanbase and obviously not everyone will buy it first day. 

Just now, skizzo said:

is Adele's wig safe? :ace:

Yeah, adele did like 1.5m first day or something

1 minute ago, skizzo said:

Of course it is. Adele sold 900K on iTunes alone on day 1.

6 minutes ago, Mariano said:

That's really good, Adele sold like 1.3M or something right ? :jonny:  But I feel like with Tay, her next days will have more of a decline, with Adele it's different cuz everyone is her fanbase and obviously not everyone will buy it first day. 

Adele sold over 3.3 million, sis :jonny:

edit: reading comprehension is essential and I didn't realize this good sis was talking about first day.

Edited by CBXC

Just now, skizzo said:

She did 900k on iTunes alone first day. 

Mess. I've been out of the loop from album sales, but I thought she was going to disappoint judging by al the "Taylor is over", "her singles are flopping", threads I've been seeing in recent weeks :rip: 

AtRL taking yet another loss

1 minute ago, Mariano said:

Plus Hello was still *HUGE* and her promo game was on point.

2 minutes ago, Whale Tongue said:

:eek: Is this including the 400k pre-orders?

Probably yes, since pre-order sales always converting for first day. 

OH WOW OH WOW 

Just now, Mariano said:

i know sis, I meant the first day :skull: 

:skull:

Forgive me, I got very little sleep last night and my reading comprehension is at an all time low :rip:

What is this years biggest selling album so far btw ? Did she surpass it ? 

Just now, Ribs said:

What is this years biggest selling album so far btw ? Did she surpass it ? 

Further, Reputation could become 2017’s biggest selling album after only one week on sale. Through the week ending Nov. 2, Ed Sheeran’s ÷ (Divide) is the year’s top seller, with 909,000 copies sold. (Sheeran is also featured on Reputation, as a guest artist on the song “End Game.”)

OTH taking major L's.

3 minutes ago, CBXC said:

Adele sold over 3.3 million, sis :jonny:

In a week, right? :jonny: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.