Billboard Charts (February 12-18, 2017)

iHype.

3 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

In the end... Radio can make or break a chart performance! 

I would have been mad too if my faves LEAD single couldn't even get 40m radio audience sweetie ....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• brianc33710

• umich

• alexanderao

Just now, Raster said:

Taylor penned the song and probably got more money from it than Rihanna anyway

she should get most of the credit for the song becoming a hit

she shouldn't, didn't and won't. 

3 hours ago, Starkboy said:

FFS - Kanye/Paul's power!!!

BBHMM -  local!!11

Work - Drake's power!11

TIWYCF - Calvin's power!11

Needed Me - streamss!11

LOTB - radio!111

I can feel the desperation

M3PaVEi.gif

:lmao:

3 minutes ago, Raster said:

No. because TIWYC4 was released through Rihanna's label and Sony 

Like, TiWYCF was already a Top 5 hit, and was closing into the Top 3 BEFORE the Taylor debacle. I don't get what y'all are arguing about here :lmao:

The excuses.

M3PaVEi.gif

Rih wins every.single.time, give it up. :dies:

The only boost that it recieved from Taylor's reveal is it boosted the song in the US. Worldwide, it was already smashing hard. It didn't need Taylor or any controversy. 

I mean it's possible that people liked the song because Taylor wrote it, without knowing that Taylor wrote. But there is no way of knowing that so really no point in debating it.

But I'm surprised how surprised the Rihanna stans are about this topic. 

21 minutes ago, Miseducation said:

I would have been mad too if my faves LEAD single couldn't even get 40m radio audience sweetie ....

drag me!

33 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

It was though. The song really grew after the Taylor writing credit was revealed and there was some controversy around it. :celestial5:

The song was already a hit before that. The Taylor/Calvin drama did give it a good extra push, though.

48 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Of course some do. 

Well it was flopping before the revelation so it must be true :emofish:

People watched it +1B times because of Taylor's writing too 

42 minutes ago, Raster said:

Rihanna split copyright on the song with Columbia, she most likely pocketed around 20-25% of the streaming payout. Calvin ~15%, Taylor ~5%.

Other most radio fueled to get into the T10, in the streaming era: Scars to Your Beautiful, Don't, Clarity, Photograph, Ain't it Fun, Love Somebody

1 hour ago, timecables said:

Rihanna split copyright on the song with Columbia, she most likely pocketed around 20-25% of the streaming payout. Calvin ~15%, Taylor ~5%.

Billboard estimated it back in July (when the song was starting to be bigger) and Taylor wins more money than Rihanna

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7438227/how-taylor-swift-calvin-harris-rihanna-made-this-is-what-you-came-here-for

Oh so an ATRL user's randomly made up numbers were inaccurate? shocking. 

Taylor wins again.

14 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

Billboard estimated it back in July (when the song was starting to be bigger) and Taylor wins more money than Rihanna

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7438227/how-taylor-swift-calvin-harris-rihanna-made-this-is-what-you-came-here-for

They forgot to include Rihanna's share as a label owner.

Between sales and streams, the label will take in about $1.2 million. If Harris has a record contract that pays 22 cents on the dollar (a split usually reserved for bankable stars), then his take, before recoupables (money the label has "fronted" for marketing, production and the like), will be about $272,000.

Since Harris also produced the song, he will get 4 points out of the 22 percent artist royalty, which would leave 18 percent to be split between Harris and Rihanna. If it was split evenly, Harris’ total take as the artist and producer so far, before recoupable, would be about $161,000 and Rihanna’s about $111,000.

Westbury Road gets a decent chunk of that $1.2 million.

Edited by timecables

5 hours ago, Starkboy said:

BBHMM -  local!!11

Work - Drake's power!11

Needed Me - streamss!11

LOTB - radio!111

M3PaVEi.gif

yeah. they feel pressed.

and Million Reasons got #4 because of being good song, not becuase super bowl :ahh:

6 hours ago, Starkboy said:

BBHMM -  local!!11

Work - Drake's power!11

Needed Me - streamss!11

LOTB - radio!111

M3PaVEi.gif

:ahh: this is so accurate. I can't at folks discrediting her success. It must hurt them knowing that their faves won't ever be relevant on the Hot 100 anymore.

The fact that everytime an artist goes top ten we're like "*insert artist name* won" but now it's more like Rihanna lost, LOTB won

On 2/16/2017 at 10:58 AM, ChartsFan said:

Sales will remain the predominate form as long as they continue to pay the bills for the music industry.

until streaming finds a way to finance the music industry, and they certainly aren't there yet, sales will remain a vital part of any chart composition. Moral or not.

Amen

12 minutes ago, umich said:

:ahh: this is so accurate. I can't at folks discrediting her success. It must hurt them knowing that their faves won't ever be relevant on the Hot 100 anymore.

When it's more like, Rihanna gave Paul and Kanye probably their last top 5 hit, calvin got known because of rihanna, drake got exposure and his first hit with Rihanna and the queen doesn't even need payola for radio or playlists on spotify for streams cos she still gets that top 10

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

The fact that everytime an artist goes top ten we're like "*insert artist name* won" but now it's more like Rihanna lost, LOTB won

poor her :toofunny2: 

I can't at people saying TIWYCF was a hit because of Taylor Swift. Does GP know she wrote the song? No. The excuses.

M3PaVEi.gif 

5 hours ago, Hurem said:

2 months in top 20 is great, wyd

For a #1 peaking song......mmm....no