Demi Lovato sells fake hand signed items (autopen)

172 posts in this topic

With her recent album, people have noticed that the signatures on her sold items deemed as "signed" are actually signed with an autopen. People have compared autographs together from countless signed work and they are too similar. Read more about it here

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/musicians-who-sell-their-signatures-in-shop?id=3524372%3ATopic%3A196085&page=225#comments

Here is one example where people have done a 50% overlay of two signed items. The "autograph" is pretty much exactly the same

https://api.ning.com/files/S2fl5KacUVKVgXYxv5attBAr6RaYpImu5bqPruqrFaCYp1*uAtMuNvMJ2V-UdgY9YUqJIk*ssW3ZImuHYylkDU4EOXI64h6U/DLfacsimile.autopen.jpghttps://api.ning.com/files/w4OOueb2vpzOgCaRDEqYvCf1j-yyrJEzEpXbmDBFZW3sKUEeuJCr7M5sS7rIDFKWwY2HsheUkb06hkMnIfBzawpKgJNZGJBj/IMG_1871.JPG

That’s trash and a fraud.

Using autopen is like photoshoping you signature in the pictures, is worthless.

Isn't that what most people do with albums anyways

This is just not news at all, it's SO common.

Who cares.

What is autopen?

I thought everyone did this? :huh: 

Just now, Kim Kardashian said:

Who cares.

Not common at all when people keep buying autographed stuff. They wouldnt if they knew so

Just now, YungRapunxeI said:

Isn't that what most people do with albums anyways

No, many artists restrict the amount of signed items they sell so they can sign all of them. But yes, the bigger named artists probably resort to doing this which is pretty much them lying to their fans :cm: I like to collect signed items from artists I like so I find this disappointing

I honestly don't see a big deal about this either. Imagine signing by your hand 100 times in a row, let alone 1,000 or 10,000. :emofish:

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

I thought everyone did this? :huh: 

Kelly Clarkson doesn't do this

So many other artists do this stop hating :ahh: 

Just now, Fentydelspears said:

I honestly don't see a big deal about this either. Imagine signing by your hand 100 times in a row, let alone 1,000 or 10,000. :emofish:

Nnn a mess. If something is being sold as autographed, then it should be HAND-AUTOGRAPHED by the person of interest. This is what an autograph means. This autopen machine is no different than a digitally printed signature.

Just now, Ichinaru19 said:

Kelly Clarkson doesn't do this

You sure? Regardless, I wouldn’t care if she did. I don’t even stan Demi, but this is a bit nitpicky. :celestial5:

2 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Who cares.

That’s not common wtf? It’s totally not right to charge more for a fake autograph, what even...

Just now, Revenge said:

So many other artists do this stop hating :ahh: 

No hating when I'm just sharing what I read :gaycat4:

3 minutes ago, LIMA said:

What is autopen?

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

That’s not common wtf? It’s totally not right to charge more for a fake autograph, what even...

She didn't charge more.

The copies were the same price as the standard album.

I don't know about the US copies which haven't been shipped yet (she charged extra for those I think).

But these UK ones were £7.99.

3 minutes ago, LIMA said:

Not common at all when people keep buying autographed stuff. They wouldnt if they knew so

It's very very common, people might not know but it happens all the time Demi isn't the first.

Just now, Bloo said:

You sure? Regardless, I wouldn’t care if she did. I don’t even stan Demi, but this is a bit nitpicky. :celestial5:

Yes, I am quite sure. If there are suspicions of autopen usage it gets exposed rather quickly.

Also its not nitpicky, using an autopen machine is no different than just printing a digital signature. They are saying they are selling one thing, but then are scamming by selling something different.

What are y’all at? :ahh: How is this right like wtf? „Everybody does it” such an excuse! What’s the point of selling these if they are not real. It’s a fraud and deserves to be exposed every time.

This is why I don’t understand why people purchase signed copies. IMO they only hold sentimental value when you get a signed copy directly from the artist - as in an autograph signing. 

3 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Nnn a mess. If something is being sold as autographed, then it should be HAND-AUTOGRAPHED by the person of interest. This is what an autograph means. This autopen machine is no different than a digitally printed signature.

This is why a lot of artists also host fan signing event at some big CD retailers on the release week, it's more meaningful as well but I mean, those are for fans around the world and honestly, autopen isn't really a wrong option. I would die after making 100 signs or more nnn

If you’re not gonna be able to sign 10,000 items just sell 1,000 at a higher price.:cm:

Auto-pen stuff makes the items worthless.

Just now, Kim Kardashian said:

It's very very common, people might not know but it happens all the time Demi isn't the first.

It's common, but not all artists do it, and yes Demi isn't the first but that doesn't change the fact she essentially lied to her fans who thought they were receiving a signed item.

Let me put it like this,

Many people would not buy what they were buying if they knew an autopen machine was being used. An autopen machine pretty much replicates a template of an autograph that has been assigned to it.