Kate Beckinsale Comes Forward: Weinstein Assaulted Me at 17

31 posts in this topic

Lock him up!

Disgusting. Vile excuse of a man. Poor Kate :cries:

She's brave for coming forward. I can't imagine how hard it was and who else he has done this to. :dancehall:

The fact that majority of these are like, when they say no to him, it will hurt their career and not his :deadbanana3:

Wait @ "I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not.” — Kate Beckinsale on meeting Weinstein at age 17

PUKE :biblio:

what makes it even worse is all these actresses had to then pose smiling next to him or risk their careers :doc: 

9 minutes ago, diamondsdancing said:

Wow :frown:

23 minutes ago, diamondsdancing said:

I am speechless at the last few sentences. How stupid move from that actress whose career hasn't probably taken off yet. :biblio: 

On the other hand, I feel really sad for Kate, a young beautiful woman like shouldn't have had to go through this with a piece of... like Harvey.

Kate. :hug: Well done.

He must be extremely powerful to be able to do this to all these A list celebs....

Hoping for a peaceful healing to all the victims:heart2::heart2::heart2:

I had a male friend who, based on my experience,warned a young actress who said she was going to dinner with Harvey to be careful. He received a phone call the next day saying he would never work in another Miramax film ;the girl was already sleeping with Harvey and had told him that my friend had warned her off.

”B-b-but WhY dIdN’t ThEsE gIrLs CoMe FoRwArd sOoNEr?!?”

spongebobicon.jpg

28 minutes ago, diamondsdancing said:

Damn....

its insane how the list keeps growing.  Like this was all routine for him...like was he doing this a couple times a week? :biblio:  what a monster.

1 minute ago, HandsOn said:

spongebobicon.jpg

It’s been driving me crazy seeing people say that. Like, try putting yourself in their shoes.

thats why there’s strength in numbers and it’s so important for all of his victims to bamd together.  It makes other women feel more empowered and less scared to come forward 

First of all, I am sad for her because that happened at such a young age and it just sounds terrible.

Second, that other actress that could have potentially ruined the male's career because SHE ended up being a harlot. Wow.

Mess at her friend screwing the guy over :rip: 

I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him

:skull: 

The fact he couldn't remember whether he harassed her or not... Wow. 

Oh wow. The list keeps growing. Imagine all the women that still haven't said anything yet. :mazen: 

I had a male friend who, based on my experience,warned a young actress who said she was going to dinner with Harvey to be careful. He received a phone call the next day saying he would never work in another Miramax film ;the girl was already sleeping with Harvey and had told him that my friend had warned her off.

That other girl was such a bitch :biblio: 

This is such a murky situation. On one hand I do think Weinstein is a monster and should be exposed but then I'm almost positive, especially with the last part of Kate's coming forward story, that there were women who were willing participants or even sought him out for that reason. I'm not sympathetic to him but rumors and talk about "casting couches" has been around for decades and I just don't see how all of these women had no idea what being invited to his hotel room implied.

32 minutes ago, HandsOn said:

spongebobicon.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This line of thinking INFURIATES me. And I don’t get mad often. These situations are so much more complex and the path to restitution is so much more windy than some idiots can begin to comprehend.

Actresses said no. Like in the case of Kate, Cara, and many others .

Actors confronted Harvey like in the case of Gwyneth and Brad Pitt.

Actors/actresss warned each other and newcomers

Rose came forward independently, was not believed. 

Ambra came forward independently, was not believed.

The police had audio evidence, killed the investigation. 

NYT pursued then buried the story in 2004. NBC pursued then attempted to bury the story in 2016.

etc.

etc.

So much **** has to go on before the buck stops and everyone gets hit with the bigger picture. It’s not that more actresses need to come forward...I mean would they even be believed before an exposé or would they be sued for libel and trashed in Hollywood media and labeled as crazy? How many people still think Amber Heard is lying about Johnny Depp? 

No, the CULTURE surrounding sexual assault needs to change. The CULTURE surrounding domestic violence need to change. The CULTURE surrounding masculinity and male entitlement needs to change. Before we address any of that, and set up systems that unilaterally support victims, the less likely these things are bound to happen. Otherwise, we’re stuck in a wash, rinse, and repeat cycle.

1 minute ago, Ari29 said:

This is such a murky situation. On one hand I do think Weinstein is a monster and should be exposed but then I'm almost positive, especially with the last part of Kate's coming forward story, that there were women who were willing participants or even sought him out for that reason. I'm not sympathetic to him but rumors and talk about "casting couches" has been around for decades and I just don't see how all of these women had no idea what being invited to his hotel room implied.

Okay and? The fact that there were women who were willing to go along with his creepy crap doesn’t negate the ones who weren’t

11 minutes ago, HandsOn said:

Okay and? The fact that there were women who were willing to go along with his creepy crap doesn’t negate the ones who weren’t

That's not what I'm saying. I guess my question is more so why did all these women bypass their agents ect to accept these private meetings with someone that's known, at least in his industry, to be a sexual predator. That part doesn't make sense to me. Like in Kate's story who called her to meet him? Was it her agent? If so why wouldn't they attend a business meeting with her? She's 17 why no parents or guardians? Again I'm not victim blaming or anything like that these are just the things that I think about when reading these stories with women coming forward.