Love, Simon - Out now on DVD/digital

2,972 posts in this topic

King Maxx
8 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Are the reviews out? 

Yeah. It's at a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes right now. And a 72 on Metacritic. 

weeknika
50 minutes ago, Johnathon said:

Just came back from a screening and I loved it!! As someone who came out there senior year of high school I found it surprisingly relatable. It was also nice to watch a gay movie that had an overall positive/happy vibe.

It was relatable for me as well, in the sense that I shared a lot of feelings with the main character.

It was so nice to feel like my experiences were being represented in the mainstream.

Ares

Saw this at a screening yesterday. Pure happiness.

Could not stop smiling for the majority of last night after I got out.

The closest thing we've gotten to a John Hughes film in a while, and I mean that in the best way possible.

This is the movie HS me needed, and the movie a lot of gay kids in HS need now.

Go see it!

Sam96

I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS FOR MARCH 15 :jonny5:

jakedavis1994

Just got out of a screening.

my heart is so full :heart2:

Sam96

I finished reading the book a few nights ago and it was amazing

Jaye

Also there's a screening on Saturday down the street but idk if I should go then or wait to go opening weekend where the theater will be filled w/ more people to see reactions lmfao. 

shadesofcoolxx
2 hours ago, weeknika said:

Amazing interview with cast member Keiynan Lonsdale and Director, Greg Berlanti: https://www.them.us/story/love-simon-interview-queer-teen-representation

I love this part

Greg: When I was growing up, movies like this didn’t exist. There was an extra layer of thinking you had to do when you were watching a movie to imagine a character that might be like you. It wasn’t until I started watching footage from this film and I began to have a more visceral reaction that I realized: you’re not having to do the extra arithmetic of experiencing something, you get to just experience it. This movie can seem like a simple story or a light rom-com, but the fact that you’re getting to experience that ride as yourself— I think that’s the importance of representation when it comes to this kind of art.

This is why I'm so excited for this movie, cause we're finally getting a mainstream film about a normal, teenage love story the way we deserve, it's not about how complex the story is or how much drama we get, it's about how it is a big step forward when it comes to representation, most of the popular gay movies we know are mostly sad, involving tragedy or just simply depressing, this is not that, this could possibly give hope to new generations of gay kids that they can have a love story just like their straight classmates can, and that is really important, I'm really rooting for this movie. :'(:heart2: 

shadesofcoolxx

:heart2: 

shadesofcoolxx
4 minutes ago, Jaye said:

I can't wait to see it tomorrow. :jonny5:

omg have fun, can't wait for your review :jonny5: 

Cheers

i thought this movie came out today ugh i was so pissed when i found out it wasnt.

weeknika
1 hour ago, shadesofcoolxx said:

I love this part

This is why I'm so excited for this movie, cause we're finally getting a mainstream film about a normal, teenage love story the way we deserve, it's not about how complex the story is or how much drama we get, it's about how it is a big step forward when it comes to representation, most of the popular gay movies we know are mostly sad, involving tragedy or just simply depressing, this is not that, this could possibly give hope to new generations of gay kids that they can have a love story just like their straight classmates can, and that is really important, I'm really rooting for this movie. :'(:heart2: 

I completely agree. I was lucky enough to have seen the movie at an early screening. There were so many moments that reminded me of my own experiences, and so many lines that hit home! It would have been amazing to have this before coming out. I'm so happy for the youth that will now have this. :heart2: I hope it paves the way for other mainstream representation.

1 hour ago, Cheers said:

i thought this movie came out today ugh i was so pissed when i found out it wasnt.

There are some early screenings tomorrow.

Cheers
12 minutes ago, weeknika said:

I completely agree. I was lucky enough to have seen the movie at an early screening. There were so many moments that reminded me of my own experiences, and so many lines that hit home! It would have been amazing to have this before coming out. I'm so happy for the youth that will now have this. :heart2: I hope it paves the way for other mainstream representation.

There are some early screenings tomorrow.

OMG!!! Just bought my tickets! Thank you :jonny::jonny: 

I'm shaking already

weeknika
9 minutes ago, Cheers said:

I'm shaking already

No problem! Enjoy!! :heart2:

Jaye
16 minutes ago, Cheers said:

I'm shaking already

6 minutes ago, weeknika said:

No problem! Enjoy!! :heart2:

I'm torn bc I want to see it in a theater full of people but at the same time idk if I can wait a week. There's an early screening tomorrow at 7 for me.

Cheers
Just now, Jaye said:

I'm torn bc I want to see it in a theater full of people but at the same time idk if I can wait a week. There's an early screening tomorrow at 7 for me.

my early screening was almost entirely sold out. i lucked out and got tickets in the back :jonny: 

Spider.

All the advanced screenings are sold out around me. It's gonna be a while until I can watch it. :weeps:

Jaye
1 minute ago, Cheers said:

my early screening was almost entirely sold out. i lucked out and got tickets in the back :jonny: 

Im gagged bc I just rechecked and more seats sold so now im excited.

weeknika
3 minutes ago, Jaye said:

My early screening was packed & full of gays, so the reactions were great. LMAO.