2,295 posts in this topic

im sooooooooo excited for this moviee

On 2017-11-29 at 11:43 AM, cheap said:

Mess at the main character being a white. :rip:

On 2017-11-29 at 11:51 AM, K$Ellie said:

Not the main character being a white! How dare they

Is he not white in the book or...?

On 11/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, Ecstasy said:

When you don't realise that we are united under the LGBT label and a step for anybody in the LGBT is a step for you whether you are white or not

**** white gays say :deadbanana4:

The lead was the worst part of Jusrassic World, he’s so Unlikable and aloof. 

I’m probably gonna pass on this

How come I never heard of this? The trailer is amazing! :jonny: 

Has anyone in here read the book? Is it good?

Edit: Simon is hot :smitten: 

12 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

How come I never heard of this? The trailer is amazing! :jonny: 

Has anyone in here read the book? Is it good?

Edit: Simon is hot :smitten: 

the book is good for YA standards (which are not high) 

On 11/29/2017 at 3:25 PM, madmen said:

and then they have the nerve to come for s8s for not feeling represented by gay actors doing s8 roles...  :skull:

lord have mercy :ahh:

i never expect to live in a time were the left defends segregation

Are you trying to write sTR8?

On 11/29/2017 at 3:22 PM, that G.U.Y. said:

Im just saying it could be a great opportunity for a young gay actor to get some exposure but im not like against all straight actors playing gay roles!

That's some MAGA trolling you got going on.

Who cares if the main character is white? :rip: 

On 11/29/2017 at 1:56 PM, KingKhalid said:

Can’t relate for some reason, I feel like it doesn’t represent my experience as a black male 

Right, because all black gay males have the same experience, like all white gay males or latino gay males and so on have some set experience with their sexuality based on race. It's just a movie. It's fiction. It looks like fluff, not a heavy piece of art. 

6 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Who cares if the main character is white? :rip: 

ATRL race-obsessed posters. It's like they have a quota. I've yet to hear someone say that the character isn't white in the book.

1 hour ago, Horizon Flame said:

Are you trying to write sTR8?

no

my fav book from last year, so excited for this :duca: I just hope they don't ruin it

15 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

ATRL race-obsessed posters. It's like they have a quota. I've yet to hear someone say that the character isn't white in the book.

Thank god someone is talking sense here.

Honestly this thread has absolutely baffled me, to the point where I think some people are just simply trolling, where is the logic with all this complaining? :rip:

As someone who HAS read the book - the main character is most certainly white - so why wouldnrbw white actor play him? Furthermore there is a black character in the book who plays a fairly important role and he is black in the movie - so there is some degree of representation there.

Honestly I don’t get the argument of ‘this guy is white so it doesn’t represent my experience’ BS - this is just ONE film, just ONE adaption of many stories - would ya’ll prefer we got NO gay films/adaptions of homosexual stories? I get that there needs to be more POC representation in stories today, but that doesn’t mean this film should be blasted :rip: it was a very popular book, and whether or not it’s a bit cliche/corny in parts (it is) doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be adapted - this is still a huge deal to see a film like this aimed at the YA crowd being made into a film of this standard. Usually the best we could hope for are small/underfunded/indie films.

If anyone has a problem with the film then don’t watch it, it’s very easy :cm:

This film (and the book) certainly isn’t anything life changing, it’s not on the level of Call Me by Your Name or anything, but it’s a cute, fun story, and I think the audience they’re targeting (13-18ish year olds) is an important age bracket. It’s a similar audience for those who loved fault in our stars - this being a LGBT story makes that really important, especially for young gay guys in that age bracket. 

Honestly people need to chill, the whole ‘lol SJW’ stuff gets thrown about too much sometimes, but hear it REALLY applies, I am just so surprise and disapppinted at people being so mad at a film being made purely because the main character is white. 

dissapointed that the lead isn't a genderqueer PoC but a cis white gay. will skip this one

Y'all are literally obsessed with race, it's getting so annoying. Y'all can always pass up on this movie and go watch Moonlight again or something. No need to complain.

This looks cute, so I'm perched.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the book is any good?

9 minutes ago, StammyWammy said:

Y'all are literally obsessed with race, it's getting so annoying. Y'all can always pass up on this movie and go watch Moonlight again or something. No need to complain.

This looks cute, so I'm perched.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the book is any good?

The book is great. Read it before watching the film.

Testing today in ft worth, tx girls. I’m attending I’ll let y’all know if it’s good 

This looks cute so I’ll def watch but I DO wish the main character was a cute gay guy. 

Holy **** guys y’all are gonna love this. Huge crowd pleaser. I’ll copy and paste my thoughts from twitter. 

Oh wow. I just got outta of an advance screening of #LoveSimon and all of you that love #CallMeByYourName will love this. Total opposite yet similar but will be a huge crowd pleaser. Lots of cheers and applause when it was done.

3 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Holy **** guys y’all are gonna love this. Huge crowd pleaser. I’ll copy and paste my thoughts from twitter. 

Oh wow. I just got outta of an advance screening of #LoveSimon and all of you that love #CallMeByYourName will love this. Total opposite yet similar but will be a huge crowd pleaser. Lots of cheers and applause when it was done.

Nice, that's good to know! I was worried with Greg Berlanti directing, but I feel better after reading your thoughts! :jonny4:

I'm so excited for this 

6 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Don’t compare this to the masterpiece that is CMBYN, but I am excited to see this.  :eatpopcorn:

I love how more LGBT oriented films are getting major studio releases with quality writing and proper funding.  Moonlight really opened the doors.  

11 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Don’t compare this to the masterpiece that is CMBYN, but I am excited to see this.  :eatpopcorn:

I love how more LGBT oriented films are getting major studio releases with quality writing and proper funding.  Moonlight really opened the doors.  

This movie has been in development since late 2015 / early 2016 

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

This movie has been in development since late 2015 / early 2016 

Moonlight’s award season success most certainly encouraged more distributors and investors to give LGBT films a second look.  Same with CMBYN.  It’s a good thing, and I’m glad this movie will continue the trend.