Love, Simon - Now Playing!

2,295 posts in this topic

I really hope this does tons of $$$$$$ so we have more movies like this! I'll go see it!

can someone answer me and tell me where tf Colton Haynes was in this movie lmfao 

24 minutes ago, Mystic Warrior said:

can someone answer me and tell me where tf Colton Haynes was in this movie lmfao 

Spoiler

I haven't seen the film, but he was confirmed to be playing the college dude who picks up Simon at the bar/restaurant, this was in the book but I think that part may have not made the final cut or something, cause he's not listed in the IMDB page anymore and I don't think anyone has mentioned him when talking about the film :rip: 

I read this is only expected to open up with $12 million :dancehall:

12 hours ago, Lane Boy said:

Reveal hidden contents

She's confirmed as bisexual. The author of this book has a sequel coming out in April about Leah and her bisexuality as well as her coming out to Simon and her other friends. :cm: 

https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062643803/leah-on-the-offbeat

Spoiler

That's actually so funny, I thought that Leah and Simon's sister were in a relationship in the book due to them sneaking around together, which ended up being about something different obviously.

And I just found out about this sequel yesterday, I was in Barnes & Noble after the movie and saw the "Simon vs." book with the movie tie-in cover and they had a excerpt for Leah on the Offbeat in the back, I'll definitely be reading it when it comes out :heart2:

33 minutes ago, shadesofcoolxx said:
  Hide contents

I haven't seen the film, but he was confirmed to be playing the college dude who picks up Simon at the bar/restaurant, this was in the book but I think that part may have not made the final cut or something, cause he's not listed in the IMDB page anymore and I don't think anyone has mentioned him when talking about the film :rip: 

Spoiler

Oh that makes sense, I saw him being thanked in the credits of the film and I was confused. I watched from B-roll footage for the movie on YouTube and it looked like there filmed a scene of Simon and Nick going to the gay bar, so the must have cut that storyline in post-production.

For everyone saying they'll watch the movie online, that's fine if you just can't wait to see it but when it comes out where you live please go see it in the theater, not only because it's an amazing movie to experience with a bunch of people, but also to support a mainstream gay movie like this so more can be made in the future :heart2:

2 hours ago, shadesofcoolxx said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, that was cut from the film. I’m halfway through the book and have not gotten there yet. 

The movie was fantastic. I cried eight different times during the movie :dancehall:

Please go see it the opening weekend so we can finally have a commercially successful LGBT-themed movie :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Thuggin said:

that doesn't sound right at all. Where'd you read it from?

7 minutes ago, Jaye said:

that doesn't sound right at all. Where'd you read it from?

I saw it going around on Twitter. Hoping it’s just fake news though.

1 minute ago, Thuggin said:

I saw it going around on Twitter. Hoping it’s just fake news though.

Its literally from a random, non-credible blogger who made his own prediction. Anyways. 

It made a pretty good splash yesterday, especially since it was a one-time showing.

20th Century Fox held previews last night for its gay teenage romance title Love, Simon and drew a strong estimated $800K from 927 theaters for a per location average of $863.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/love-simon-greg-berlanti-sneak-preview-box-office-1202334234/

There's another prediction saying $12 million for opening weekend as well. :dancehall:

FYI the budget of this is $17 million.

I saw it last night omg it was so good. Didn’t think I was going to like it honestly my friend dragged me to go see it. Definitely in my top 10 favorite films of all time 

35 minutes ago, teamlor said:

The movie was fantastic. I cried eight different times during the movie :dancehall:

Please go see it the opening weekend so we can finally have a commercially successful LGBT-themed movie :jonny5:

yes everyone better go see it :jonny5:

yes everyone go support.

This movie needs to make more than CMBYN

:jonny: 

58 minutes ago, Lane Boy said:

There's another prediction saying $12 million for opening weekend as well. :dancehall:

Wow, gays never win :dancehall:

As I said in another thread, we’re too small of a minority to make an impact and still face oppression from society. It’s gonna take years until gay cinema can make it big. Most of its money probably gonna come from California and New York. 

Supposed to be seeing this next Friday.  They had an advanced screening yesterday but I was working. :cries:

6 hours ago, Thuggin said:

3 hours ago, Jaye said:

Its literally from a random, non-credible blogger who made his own prediction. Anyways. 

No it's not. Box Office Pro has their tracking at $12M. 

And that's a GREAT number. I don't think y'all realize the type of film this is. It's budget is $17M so not only will it be profitable but it'll likely outgross Moonlight and Call Me By Your Name. 

20 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

And that's a GREAT number. I don't think y'all realize the type of film this is. It's budget is $17M so not only will it be profitable but it'll likely outgross Moonlight and Call Me By Your Name. 

Well I meant the first source I found when I googled it hours ago was just from some blogger. 

2 hours ago, King Maxx said:

I hope it serves longevity :duca: 

only $12m omg :weeps: 

I'm going to have to go a second time and bring some friends with me. I'm so sad this deserves BETTER! :weeps: