Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

253 posts in this topic

Stmated
4 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

You know the crisis only happened because the government was saving bank's ass after bank's ass, it was literally telling banks they could **** up because the taxpayers would be there to save them from bankruptcy anyway. If the government had allowed a few banks to go bankrupt maaaybe the crisis wouldn't have happened because the banks would've become more careful.

Remember that someone has to pay for the pensions and unemployment for all those that worked at the bank, and all the other businesses that depend on those banks would lose productivity and might also have to lay people off, creating a vortex of Neverending collapse. 

I agree that banks are way too big, and make horrible decisions. But the government's job was to do what was the best option for its people at the time, not to teach them some (smug)  lesson at the loss of their people. 

Edit: one could've hoped they went in and properly regulated after things calmed down, though. But that's another sad story... 

IndieKid

I'm not a top or a bottom, so...:fan:

OP: I have a theory that half of Americans are centrists, but that's just me.

LoKoPaNdA

I am left-wing but recognize there is a decent number of insane leftists. I am not fond of whomever is unable to criticize his own political side, raises a red flag for sure.