Buzzfeed leak Breitbart/Milo internal emails w/ alt-right

166 posts in this topic

sub-buzz-26012-1507236596-3.jpg?downsize=1040:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.lg4gadePBM#.dlEOvbJpzM

These new emails and documents, however, clearly show that Breitbart does more than tolerate the most hate-filled, racist voices of the alt-right. It thrives on them, fueling and being fueled by some of the most toxic beliefs on the political spectrum — and clearing the way for them to enter the American mainstream.

And the cache of emails — some of the most newsworthy of which BuzzFeed News is now making public — expose the extent to which this machine depended on Yiannopoulos, who channeled voices both inside and outside the establishment into a clear narrative about the threat liberal discourse posed to America. The emails tell the story of Steve Bannon’s grand plan for Yiannopoulos, whom the Breitbart executive chairman transformed from a charismatic young editor into a conservative media star capable of magnetizing a new generation of reactionary anger. Often, the documents reveal, this anger came from a legion of secret sympathizers in Silicon Valley, Hollywood, academia, suburbia, and everywhere in between.

It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.

gg

But now Yiannopoulos had a more complicated fight on his hands. The left — and worse, some on the right — had started to condemn the new conservative energy as reactionary and racist. Yiannopoulos had to take back “alt-right,” to redefine for Breitbart’s audience a poorly understood, leaderless movement, parts of which had already started to resist the term itself.

So he reached out to key constituents, who included a neo-Nazi and a white nationalist.

“Finally doing my big feature on the alt right,” Yiannopoulos wrote in a March 9, 2016, email to Andrew “Weev” Auernheimer, a hacker who is the system administrator of the neo-Nazi hub the Daily Stormer, and who would later ask his followers to disrupt the funeral of Charlottesville victim Heather Heyer. “Fancy braindumping some thoughts for me.”

They also expose Bannon for being super sympathetic to white nationalism and that Milo has a ghost-writer.

Also:
- Breitbart basically acts as a media arm for the Mercer family who funds it

- Bannon said "ALL of them are factories of hate" in response to American mosques 

- Milo became scared he'd be physically hurt after a BLM protest so the Mercers gave him private security

- Exposes mainly bits about how they only self-criticized for PR; ie: emails from Milo on how Baked Alaska's "anti-Jew tweets" were too obvious and were making it hard for Breitbart to toe the line they wanted to ease in white nationalist rhetoric.

Let me know if there’s anything specific that’s really bad eg any Jew stuff,” Yiannopoulos wrote of Mahoney in an email to another member of his staff. “His entire Twitter persona will have to change dramatically once he gets the job.” On September 11, 2016, Mahoney signed a $2,500-a-month contract with Glittering Steel.

- Broadly’s Mitchell Sunderland was in an email chain with Milo, Ann Coulter, Dan Lyons, David Auerbach, & others mocking “stories about PC gone too far” including other journalists, thinking up article ideas to incite targeted harassment. 

- Milo used passwords referencing the Holocaust 

And there was no way the journalists threatened with lawsuits for calling Yiannopoulos a racist could have known about his passwords.

In an April 6 email, Allum Bokhari mentioned having had access to an account of Yiannopoulos’s with “a password that began with the word Kristall.” Kristallnacht, an infamous 1938 riot against German Jews carried out by the SA — the paramilitary organization that helped Hitler rise to power — is sometimes considered the beginning of the Holocaust. In a June 2016 email to an assistant, Yiannopoulos shared the password to his email, which began “LongKnives1290.” The Night of the Long Knives was the Nazi purge of the leadership of the SA. The purge famously included Ernst Röhm, the SA’s gay leader. 1290 is the year King Edward I expelled the Jews from England.

- Bannon was trying to set-up Milo/Breitbart an interview with Donald

- White House officials would email Milo & Bannon alt-right memes and laugh at how good they were

- Bannon encouraged Milo to run a "gay pride parade through Muslim ghettos"

- Bret Easton Ellis is a Milo acquaintance and gave him a signed copy of American Pyscho for a white nationalist friend Devin Saucier 
- Pitched ideas with white nationalist friends on the basis of protecting “white societies with naturally higher IQs like Britain and Israel”.

:rip:

tenor.gif

Also, is the DS still on the deep web?

Milo became scared he'd be physically hurt after a BLM protest so the Mercers gave him private security

i'm sorry but i kii'd :rip:

It’s a relationship illustrated most starkly by a previously unreleased April 2016 video in which Yiannopoulos sings “America the Beautiful” in a Dallas karaoke bar as admirers, including the white nationalist Richard Spencer, raise their arms in Nazi salutes.

:ahh:  :ahh:  :ahh::ahh: 

Just now, Dessy Fenix said:

:ahh:  :ahh:  :ahh::ahh: 

The video is so... :deadbanana3:

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

The video is so... :deadbanana3:

The fact that these white dudes think what they're doing is fun :dies:  I just can't :toofunny2:  

Just now, bleuwaffle said:
:celestial4:

So it's okay for a Jewish man to collaborate with white nationalists?

How do you feel about his agreement that white nations inherently have higher IQs? :celestial5:

Mess. I wish Buzzfeed wasn’t the one getting to publish these stories. It only adds to Buzzfeeds credibility as journalism when they're anything but.

Lma

5 minutes ago, bleuwaffle said:

:ahh::ahh::ahh: 

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

So it's okay for a Jewish man to collaborate with white nationalists?

How do you feel about his agreement that white nations inherently have higher IQs? :celestial5:

What I think is irrelevant as this thread is not about me. Let's not get off topic @Communion. :celestial5:

Emails are the Watergate tapes of the 2010s.

8 minutes ago, bleuwaffle said:

Lmao he's turned into such a backpedaling ***** ever since pedogate. Who is he fooling except the dumb ass "I'm not racist I just say and do racist things" crowd? Luckily the rest of us are smarter than this. 

I don't think I've ever seen "I have bad eye sight" used as a defense for "that is why I worked with white nationalists who think people of color are lower forms of evolved life with lower HQs to normalize aspects of white ethno-nationalism". :rip:

Surely thinking eye sight is why someone normalized white supremacy means you've officially drunk too much koolaid. 

that damn karaoke video dsijkfjikd;

1 minute ago, bleuwaffle said:

What I think is irrelevant as this thread is not about me. Let's not get off topic @Communion. :celestial5:

You're rushing in to defend him. :celestial5:

Did his bad eye sight lead him to write articles on why Western nations are inherently superior and need to be protected? :celestial5:

11 minutes ago, bleuwaffle said:

As some of you know, I have severely impaired vision and I did not see these hand gestures happen.

:ahh::ahh::ahh:

Just now, Communion said:

You're rushing in to defend him. :celestial5:

Did his bad eye sight lead him to write articles on why Western nations are inherently superior and need to be protected? :celestial5:

Western values are superior, yes. :celestial5: Anything else?

Western values are superior, yes. :celestial5: Anything else?

So people outside of the West are inferior because of genetic inferiority and lower IQs? :celestial5:

Just now, Communion said:

So people outside of the West are inferior because of genetic inferiority and lower IQs? :celestial5:

Whatever values a country chooses to adopt is not dependent on genetics so... no. Obviously not. :biblio:

The fact that a pedophile white nationalist actually has stans here :deadbanana3: 

Whatever values a country chooses to adopt is not dependent on genetics so... no. Obviously not. :biblio:

So why are you in here defending Milo and trying to obscure from the fact that he collaborated with people who believe this, tried to position them at Breitbart, and used them as consultants for various stories to push pro-ethnonationalist stories? :celestial5:

@bleuwaffle already getting put on trial and it’s only the first page :ahh: