116 posts in this topic

SilencePlease

"I don't know what happened" 

Then do us a favor and hush. She's just jumping on a hate bandwagon. :zzz:

mango

Please we know about what she thinks of him for like a decade now. She confronted him after she found out about Veronicas' single similarities in like 2007.

plumbartist
1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

Maybe the pop rock girls are more opionionated in the studio and that led to have led to their creative clashes. 

The pop girls who worked with him like Katy, Britney, Miley, etc didn't seem to have these problems 

Pink and Kelly are Grammy award winning artists who like to work with fellow Grammy winner Greg Kurstin.

That Britney Face
29 minutes ago, Ferret said:

ok The Dr Luke hate bandwagon needs to stop. 

Yes, because these females who notoriously worked with him and stopped due to his behavior are DEFINITELY bandwagoning. You act like they suddenly stopped working with him since the Kesha case. 

You're an imbecile. 

BlackStar_93

I'm probably gonna get dragged for saying this, and what I'm about to say obviously excludes Kesha because her situation is awful - but I find it bizarre that even artists that never publicly spoke about Luke before all this came to light seem to be dragging him now, Pink as the example. Luke was the "go-to" for a quick hit a few years ago and artists flocked to him in numbers - it's almost like artists are trying to protect their own image by dissociating themselves from him, regardless of whether he acted badly towards them or not. What I'm basically trying to say is, none of these artists had a problem with him when he was producing their music (except Kelly, she's always been vocal about it), but now he's been publicly shamed they all have something to say about him. 

brainmaniac
Just now, plumbartist said:

Pink and Kelly are Grammy award winning artists who like to work with fellow Grammy winner Greg Kurstin.

Britney actually has a Grammy too :-*

Like Kelly said in some interview recently, there are all types of personality types and Katy (and the others) probably have a personality that works better with Luke .

Greg seems more mellow so it makes sense he would compliment those two better. 

If the producer and artist are both feisty in the studio, of course its going to be a mess

Braz
1 minute ago, BlackStar_93 said:

I'm probably gonna get dragged for saying this, and what I'm about to say obviously excludes Kesha because her situation is awful - but I find it bizarre that even artists that never publicly spoke about Luke before all this came to light seem to be dragging him now, Pink as the example. Luke was the "go-to" for a quick hit a few years ago and artists flocked to him in numbers - it's almost like artists are trying to protect their own image by dissociating themselves from him, regardless of whether he acted badly towards them or not. What I'm basically trying to say is, none of these artists had a problem with him when he was producing their music (except Kelly, she's always been vocal about it), but now he's been publicly shamed they all have something to say about him. 

Pink only worked with him once and made her dislike of him public even before the Kesha situation.

brainmaniac
2 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

That's true. At the end of the day, people in general are going to be self serving :cm:

BlackStar_93
Just now, brainmaniac said:

That's true. At the end of the day, people in general are going to be self serving :cm:

Yeah, you're right. I guess that's what I'm trying to say, there's an element of pride/egotism with these artists speaking about him (Kelly/Pink), or the likes of Katy who indirectly dissociated herself from him by not hiring him to produce on Witness, despite working with him for all her previous albums. It just seems like they're all clearing their own name, because they're "guilty by association" i.e how Katy got dragged for not publicly speaking about the Kesha/Luke scenario. 

Dom
2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Love how direct she is :rip:

She hates him,cause she didn't know that U+Ur Hand was ripped of Veronicas, after it smashed she found out and never worked with him again, hence why Cuz I Can wasn't a single.

gettsleazy

Yet another person to cross-verify how terrible of a person he is. I wonder when the Dr. Luke bandwagon will wake up and smell the roses. 

desert rose
53 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

i can't speak for anyone because I don't know, but a lot of the time, labels force artists to work with people. Like, I know with Katy for One Of The Boys, Capitol sent Katy to him. Kelly also said her label sent her to him. Kesha's contract stated that she needed to go to him for 6 songs. So, like, if you know you're probably gonna see someone again or have to see them again, you're not gonna talk **** in the media. You're not gonna say "man, luke sucks ass!" and then walk in the studio with him there. You're starting workplace drama. And if Luke doesn't wanna work with you anymore after you talk ****, your boss is not gonna be happy and you'll probably have your album shelved (because it doesn't have a hit). Kelly herself said that her label would've shelved her record if she didn't grit her teeth and get along with him.

Communion
1 hour ago, pabloanxiety said:

Why do they always say 'he's not a good person' but never explain why. Everybody used him before the Kesha incident, now it's cool to trash him even people who aren't close to him.  :rip:

Butch Walker already explained what he did. :rip:

He's rude & condescending in studio and he gave P!nk leftovers without telling her.

He reused The Veronicas "4ever" for "U + Ur Hand" and Kelis' "I Don't Think So" for "Cuz I Can".

And when she tried confronting him about it, he had her thrown out a club.

MissedTheTrain
57 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Yeah, you're right. I guess that's what I'm trying to say, there's an element of pride/egotism with these artists speaking about him (Kelly/Pink), or the likes of Katy who indirectly dissociated herself from him by not hiring him to produce on Witness, despite working with him for all her previous albums. It just seems like they're all clearing their own name, because they're "guilty by association" i.e how Katy got dragged for not publicly speaking about the Kesha/Luke scenario. 

Nah.  Kelly and P!nk aren't trying to "clear their name".  

Kelly has been asked about it, and that's how she answered.  She flat out said she can't speak for what happened between him and Kesha, but she can speak on her own experience, which was bad, and she only worked with him a second time because she was forced to.