bestfiction

Pokémon GO - Mega Evolution

UnusualBoy
On 7/18/2020 at 6:16 AM, Chromatica said:

Really hoping I can get an amazing IV Gible during GoFest, a shiny Gible, enough Gible candy to evolve and power up, enough Litwick candy to max out my Chandelure, shinies I don't have yet like Oddish 2x, Poliwag 2x, Seviper, Chinchou etc., new Unown :jonny: hopefully the Special Research for the 2nd day brings Shaymin or Phione and Manaphy, like why would they skip Gen 4 mythicals for Victini :rip: 

Miss Victine is the superior mythical out of thosr so can't blame them :sistrens:

Anyway, I didn't have much luck with Gastly this weekend, although I caught 2 shinies on my alt account, I already had shiny Gastly, Haunter and Gengar on the main one so didn't mind it and finally finished the Genesect research, it's so cool and has 96% ivs which is quite good consdering all other mythicals I've had barely pass the 80's mark (Except for Deoxys)

Nerevanin

I got 11 shiny Gastlys, the first hour was pretty tragic, then it got better. None of them is any awesome but whatever.

Last week I got shiny shadow Lapras and shiny shadow Pineco back to back. :jonny:

TaggedGalaxy

My shiny luck this week has been crazy :jonny5:

Shinies I caught this week:

Krabby

Shellder

Aron

Shadow Pineco

Shadow Koffing

Weedle :skull: 

Gastly x10

dabunique

Who’s ready for da weekend 

jus caught back to back shiny shadows

lapras and grimer 

Chromatica

This weekend will be so stressful :rip: 

jgorny

i am looking forward to the information coming in from NZ/AUS as the event will start in 4/5 hours. It should give us an idea of what to expect and what to prepare for.

bestfiction

oh and before it starts, I should flex that I got 6 hundos over the last few days: Gastly, Swablu, Trubbish, Aron, Omanyte and Koffing. this is nuts x

Chromatica

Lemme pray for:

- Shiny Unown

- Shiny Heatmor

- Shiny Magmar

- Shiny Snorlax

- Shiny Tangela

- Shiny Oddish (need one more for Bellossom)

- Shiny Tentacool

- Shiny Chinchou

- Shiny Gible

- Shiny Qwilfish

- 2x Shiny Poliwag

- lots of Litwick candy

- lots of Darumaka candy with a 90+ IV one

- lots of Gible candy with a 90+ IV one

who knows what the other habitats will bring :jonny: 

I hope Absol will also spawn.

Chromatica

I hope day 2 brings Kecleon as a photobomb spawn 

Desire

I'm so excited for Go Fest :jonny5: I hope I really make use of the days as I won't be able to play all the time 

BadMonster

Excited for this event :jonny5:

jgorny

Apparently the shiny rate is not that great 

dabunique
39 minutes ago, jgorny said:

Apparently the shiny rate is not that great 

Of course they would 😂 

bestfiction

they have messed everything up x

Slayn

yooo I need to make a new friend for one of the research! will someone share their friend code with me?

Lee!!

Is this event just for those who pay?

bestfiction
18 minutes ago, Slayn said:

yooo I need to make a new friend for one of the research! will someone share their friend code with me?

8035 8881 5548

the friend feature is buggy rn so idk when I will accept the request though

bestfiction
8 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

I think you get some of the event spawns if you don't have the ticket but not the most juicy ones (like Unown and regionals), idk if the shiny rates are boosted. Raids are also available for non-ticket holders, there's a 2** Gible raid that is soloable

Desire

It's so buggy today :jonny5: niantic needs to fix this asap or I want my money back :biblio:

Lee!!
4 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

I think you get some of the event spawns if you don't have the ticket but not the most juicy ones (like Unown and regionals), idk if the shiny rates are boosted. Raids are also available for non-ticket holders, there's a 2** Gible raid that is soloable

I caught a Pika hat Charmander lol. Too bad there are never any raids close enough to me.

Yeah my friends list is all messed up today. Why didn't I think of coming here for friend codes. I could have moved forward on so many research tasks :deadbanana:

How long is it going for?

bestfiction
8 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

I caught a Pika hat Charmander lol. Too bad there are never any raids close enough to me.

Yeah my friends list is all messed up today. Why didn't I think of coming here for friend codes. I could have moved forward on so many research tasks :deadbanana:

Yeah, the friend list broke down in the midst of the Friendship hour when you have to send gifts, two hours ago. The fest has just ended for me so I guess y'all better brace yourselves given that they have yet to fix it

if you have some kind of community and friends, you may ask them to invite you for Gible raids, I did 6-7 raids this way.

myles
47 minutes ago, Lee!! said:

the best stuff u just need an incense

unown and charizard/venusaur/blastoise are ticket holders only using incense

myles

anyway, my thoughts - this was a total mess.. not enjoyable whatsoever

- the spawn rates were so poor. i luckily live on a pokestop, yet all of my normal spawn points around me went inactive for this event. meant we were totally reliant on incense which was kinda fine because we got 10 free incense for buying a ticket. even so, it was SLOW. spending hours on end, just waiting for a single pokemon to spawn at at time - click it - wait 30 seconds for another - repeat - for a 10 hour event is beyond tedious. 

- the shiny rates were underwhelming. i didn't get my first shiny for over 4 hours. after 7 hours of playing, i had 3 shinys.

- the game was so laggy and glitchy all day. by the time of the gift event and the USA started playing the entire game crashed and at this point i gave up. 

i also really don't understand what the value of a £15.00 ticket was. you got:

- the unowns spawning. the gen 1 starters spawning. 

- a badge

- a load of paper **** to print out (lol)

- 10 incense (you can buy 8 in the shop for just 250 coins so...)

- 3 remote raid passes (value of 250 coins)

- some special challenges with the rewards being an encouter with: 1x venusaur, 1x charizard, 1x blastoise, 1x snorlax, 1x gible (who asked for the gen 1 starters in their final forms? especially when they don't have a chance of being shiny and were spawning regularly anyway). 

my expectations were pretty high as i played one of the safari zones from home and the spawns were so frequent that it was genuinely overwhelming lol. this was nothing of the sort.