Pokémon GO - Dialga, Shiny Shuckle, and the Regis Return

12,056 posts in this topic

Nerevanin
2 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

I feel it will be like "catch 3 water type pokemon" or something like that.

That would be cute, there are quite a lot of Barboach in my town so at least I could complete that.

cuneytb
6 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

That would be cute, there are quite a lot of Barboach in my town so at least I could complete that.

and catching feebas itself will effect your research. 

At least we got this quest during the squirtle CD. "Catch 3 Squritle" or sometthing like this.

UnusualBoy
2 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Watch the Feebas tasks being something like "Battle in 10 raids" :dies:

It's probably something easier because it's a pain in the ass to walk with it 20km and needing 100 candies to evolve it for them to do something hard to get it too lol.

feelslikeadream
20 hours ago, EriKills said:

Pretty sure a poke's shiny odds is dependent on the pokemon itself, it coming from a raid or found in the wild makes no difference. so like a snorunt encountered in the wild has just as equal chance of being shiny as one in a raid, where you encounter doesn't make a difference.

You're getting confused because a lot of the raid exclusive poke's tend to have higher shiny rates. Like Absol/Mawile/shinx have higher chance of being shiny simply because they are not found in the wild. Same with the legendary birds, they aren't found in the wild, only raids/research breakthrough therefore they have much higher rate like 1/20 or something (made up # idk the exact). hope that made sense :gaycat4:

19 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

It makes perfect sense, thanks! :)

Nnnnn this is not proven true re: non-legendaries. It's luck. I have friends who have done HUNDREDS of Absol and Mawile raids with no shiny. That's just how RNG works.

The exception to the shiny odds SEEMS to be with legendaries, when they have the special days where you can get a shiny. I think 1/20 actually is the rate most people guess based on data sent to TSR. But for non-legendary, regardless of whether they're in the wild or not, you'll potentially have to really grind for the shine. Or be like me and get shiny Absol on your second try :gaycat4: (No Mawile yet, though I've only done ~85 raids.)

EriKills
Just now, feelslikeadream said:

Nnnnn this is not proven true re: non-legendaries. It's luck. I have friends who have done HUNDREDS of Absol and Mawile raids with no shiny. That's just how RNG works.

The exception to the shiny odds SEEMS to be with legendaries, when they have the special days where you can get a shiny. I think 1/20 actually is the rate most people guess based on data sent to TSR. But for non-legendary, regardless of whether they're in the wild or not, you'll potentially have to really grind for the shine. Or be like me and get shiny Absol on your second try :gaycat4: (No Mawile yet, though I've only done ~85 raids.)

There are indeed non-legendaries with higher shiny rates tho, like absol/mawile/shinx that are raid exclusive (based off data from TSR), and it's going to be luck no matter which poke you go after lol.

dabunique

its always been luck

i can slay shiny Lugias ( i caught 19)

and fail miserably in Absol (83 raids and nuttin but I did get a shiny thru research task)

Porygon2z
7 hours ago, cuneytb said:

Well you can trade them and get one as lucky. 

What are Lucky Pokémon for? I have 2! A Ditto and an Omastar :duca: 

cuneytb
2 minutes ago, Porygon2z said:

Check them out. They have a different pokedex screen and their stardust cost is MUCH MUCH lower :clap3: 

greeneyedsoul

I'm back. Ready to slay Totodile Day.

Porygon2z

Can't_M!ss_This
16 hours ago, Porygon2z said:

Lucky Pokémon have increased IV chances. Like the floor is a lot higher for them than normal. Like, you’ll never get a 10-10-10 or less. I think the lowest it can be is 13-13-13 but I could be wrong. In addition to the minimum stat boost, the Stardust cost to power them up is halved. So instead of paying 8,000 Stardust per feeding at higher levels, you’d spend 4,000. Some Pokémon, legends mainly, cost 10,000 when you get up there so it can pay off big time. 

Nerevanin

Praying for a decent Totodile, the ones I already have suck (knowing my luck, I'm not getting my hopes up for catching a shiny)

dabunique

Caught a shundo from France. Camping another shundo from Italy. I’ll go back to sleep in a few 

cuneytb

I caught 3 shiny Totodiles, evolved 2 of them, and i caught a 100IVs one :heart2: 

the egg hatch distance halving was the greatest part though. Got a lot of stardust because of it :alexz: 

Nerevanin

I got one shiny Totodile :party:, fully evolved it and also another non-shiny 94IV one.

But it seemed like Croagunks were boosted too, I found tons of them, lol.

sex

Got a 96% non-shiny which was already virtually max CP. I didn’t even know it was possible to get pokemon that good. 

Got like 5 shinies in total. Hatched a lot of eggs but wasn’t as successful as I’d hoped. Got a chingling but still need a mantyke. No Riolu either. Was really annoyed actually as I kept getting 5KM eggs for the whole event. :biblio:

EriKills

Ugh I’m trapped in my house due to snow, looks like I’ll be missing out this community day after all :weeps:

Nerevanin
29 minutes ago, sex said:

Got a 96% non-shiny which was already virtually max CP. I didn’t even know it was possible to get pokemon that good. 

Got like 5 shinies in total. Hatched a lot of eggs but wasn’t as successful as I’d hoped. Got a chingling but still need a mantyke. No Riolu either. Was really annoyed actually as I kept getting 5KM eggs for the whole event. :biblio:

Me too. I didn't hatch a lot of eggs because I had only three incubators but everytime I had a chance to get a new egg, it was always 5km.

Congrats on getting a Chingling though!

bestfiction

I've got 10 shinies without even trying that hard :smitten: also got a shiny Shinx which is an absolute slay

DuffLavigne

Am I the only who didn’t get a shiny? :rip::weeps:

Stevie

I caught a shiny Aerodactyl from a quest! :duca:

Sky Engineer

I still only have the 1 single shino store from the guaranteed first week :jonny: 

dabunique

I caught 11 on da ground today

hatched a shiny budew 

hatched a riolu 

caught 4 deoxys today as well. 

Now cooling down for Asia/Pacific CD

Porygon2z

Welp, at least got 1 Shiny Totodile! It's so beautiful :smitten:

Stevie

I caught three shiny Totodile and hatched a Munchlax, Mantyke, and Riolu today! I think they increased the hatch odds for the babies.