Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Big Mouth | Now streaming on Netflix

83 posts in this topic

ok im on ep 4

the hormone monsters & the coach r ICONIC LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Saw that tweet of the video two days ago and it was hilarious so I had to check out the show and it's such a mess I love it :dies:

On 10/9/2017 at 10:10 PM, thinking said:

ok im on ep 4

the hormone monsters & the coach r ICONIC LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

I love them especially the female hormone monster

On 10/13/2017 at 2:34 AM, lightstheyblindme said:

I wish Jenny Slate had more parts

And Kristen.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:11 AM, lightstheyblindme said:

I love them especially the female hormone monster

The way she pronounces her b's has me ROLLING. I love Maya Rudolph.

Overall I loved Big Mouth; some scenes (like Jessi and Nick's date at the restaurant) reminded me of my friends in middle school :'( 

I wish the show as a whole was less absurdist comedy and more of a "real" show about kids in middle school. For example, I thought the ghost of Duke Ellington was always obnoxious and unnecessary, and I was frustrated when once or twice Nick found out something because Duke told him (like Andrew thinking he was gay) because that made no sense. The Hormone Monster/ess were fun because I could understand them as something metaphorical. But kids don't have imaginary friends in middle school, so the Duke was just dumb. And things like the alien coming down onto Earth and forming the landscape through sex was so completely predictable, tired, and unfunny. (That entire episode, "Reqiuem for a Wet Dream", was garbage. Especially the ending.) There were times when the show got stupid, and reminded me of Family Guy in a very negative way. Then I found out one of the creators used to work on Family Guy and I was like "oh, that makes sense."

But the comedy was on point in every scene that was based on something real (like Jessie's bat mitzvah).

Oh, and "Cyndi" or whatever the name of the drawing Maurice made on Andrew's wall in the last episode had me cackling at my screen :ahh: 

EDIT: oh, the pregnant pillow was another completely nonsense storyline that didn't captivate me at all :pukey: if they wanted to do an early teen pregnancy storyline, they should stepped up, committed, and done so with real kids, or not bothered. I hated weird bizarre **** like that

I LIVE for the messiness of this show :ahh: 

It's really funny, I hope we get a second season.

I watched Ep 3 this morning.  That Tyler Perry's "Atlanta Claus" movie poster had me rolling.  :ahh:  :ahh: 

I wish I saw this when I was going through puberty lol but I adore it and rewatched the whole 1st season Maya was the best

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, SaintWest said:

The way she pronounces her b's has me ROLLING. I love Maya Rudolph.

Same :lmao: this show is SO messy it's hilarious!

On 10/9/2017 at 8:57 AM, Clueless said:

Nick Kroll's girl character :dies: 

“Stop trying to make out with me, Lezbo. You’re not my mom!” :lmao: 

On 24/10/2017 at 5:24 PM, liberalmusiclover said:

I watched Ep 3 this morning.  That Tyler Perry's "Atlanta Claus" movie poster had me rolling.  :ahh:  :ahh: 

I literally couldn’t breathe when I saw that too :ahh::ahh: