Final: #5 Miley 47K; Demi loses #2 by 1K.

iHype.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Grumpy Gills

• B-Rabbit

Tour bundle rule needs to be changed, it's just silly and inflates sales (and I don't stan Miley or Demi or anything so it's not like I'm salty), I would hate to see half the #1's being determined by who has tour bundle sales and who doesn't and it feels like that's been happening recently

Not her coming like a wrecking ball and snatching them new girls. I see you, Mrs. Shania

Demi and Miley should have chosen a different date

Shania announced her release date like 4 months ago. :michael: 

Oh and ATRL needs to stop dragging female artists for using tour bundles when most artists are using it.

1 minute ago, iHype. said:

They updated the article

100K+ for Shania, possibly below 100K for Miley/Demi.

:biblio:

Just now, BZZ said:

wait explain this

From 2003-2009 Billboard didn't allow albums to chart if they were old/'catalog'. I believe the rule was they couldn't chart anymore on Billboard 200 if they fell below #100 and were over 18 months old. 

Michael Jackson died in Summer of 2009, when Demi scored her #1 album. None of MJ's albums could chart since they were old, despite them selling more than the #1 album in multiple weeks, including when Demi's album went #1.

After the backlash, Billboard removed the rule at the end of 2009 and since then albums can chart forever no matter how old.

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

nnnn called this. That's what Demi and Miley stans get for being cocky the last 16 hours.....

sis Demi stans are the only ones predicting her flopping since the beginning of the era 

Just now, Rederastan said:

TALENT WON. Generic gorl who can't write a decent song lost!

Miley can't write a decent song, really sis? Many of the songs from "Younger Now" are amazing especially Malibu and she wrote that all by herself.

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

They updated the article

100K+ for Shania, possibly below 100K for Miley/Demi.

This is probably based on pre-order numbers only. They have no idea how streaming will impact this. It may be to soon to tell. Unless Miley and Demi are going to do under 70k and Shania 150k or something.

10 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

I literally never heard of that has been :rip: 

Right??? :dies: It must be the tour bundle

Just now, Mat.91 said:

This is probably based on pre-order numbers only. They have no idea how streaming will impact this. It may be to soon to tell. Unless Miley and Demi are going to do under 70k and Shania 150k or something.

If it's based on pre-orders, Demi has always surpassed Shania & Miley on iTunes. They probably have put ticket bundles into account. 

Shania being a has-been

People thinking Shania Twain would sell below 100k after a 15 years hiatus

Never change ATRL...

TllVmWQ.gif

2 minutes ago, romonster said:

Because Miley's hype fizzled out after Malibu while Sorry Not Sorry is starting to become a decent-sized hit. Is it really that hard to understand.

Yeah, sure. So transparent. I thought Demi was a flop and not ever on the same league of her peers?! How come now it's only "poor Demi" like she was supposed to sell tons of album and surpass Miley. 

The pressed girls on here have me screaming :ahh: 

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Miley can't write a decent song, really sis? Many of the songs from "Younger Now" are amazing especially Malibu and she wrote that all by herself.

D e m i.Miley isn't generic and her songwriting is good.Dead petz was a creative risk other could never pull off!

It's because of her tour bundle

1 minute ago, lhdang2000 said:

If it's based on pre-orders, Demi has always surpassed Shania & Miley on iTunes. They probably have put ticket bundles into account. 

Yeah, clearly her ticket bundles count as pre-orded copies. That's what I was saying.

3 minutes ago, Green said:

Demi and Miley should have chosen a different date

Shania announced her release date like 4 months ago. :michael: 

tumblr_o8mapwlDi31rlpicfo1_500.gif

9 minutes ago, Salwa said:

aren't *

Still not funny

You tried it though

6qbUvQR.gif

I'm surprised Demi is under 100k...she did 90k last time? And she has a bigger hit and bigger fanbase now. Idk what to expect with Miley.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.