HDD: 50 Shades #1 125k, Bruno #2 62k, Sean -67%, Joy 29k

alexanderao

FIFTY SHADES TYING UP BIG NUMBERS

Universal/Republic's Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack has quickly flown to the top of the iTunes albums chart since its release last night (not to mention whipping up more action for the ZAYN-Taylor Swift hit "I Don't Wanna Live Forever," which is back at #1).

The soundtrack has coaxed an array of other top artists into its dungeon, including Nick Jonas & Nicki Minaj, Sia, Halsey, John Legend, Tove Lo and The-Dream.

The set currently looks to bow at around 125-140k all in, though the first-week numbers are of course subject to the film's opening box office. Will this sequel spur as much ST interest as its predecessor did? Slip on these handcuffs and stand by.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Torturo

• alexanderao

• Duca

• TSLGNMA

Half of the first movie's debut but great numbers still. :clap3: 

19 minutes ago, TSLGNMA said:

Great numbers but 25 or Lemonade are gonna take it out and return to number 1. :fan:

Last year's Grammy winning albums didn't even do half of 125k, and there will only be 4 1/2 days of sales post Grammys this week.

Edited by Chainsmoker

27 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

Half of the first movie's debut but great numbers still. :clap3: 

The music was much better then.

I really hope IDWLF will peak at #1 or at least #2 :dancehall:

liberalmusiclover

Not when ANTI re-surges :cm:

Edited by liberalmusiclover

Mess. Ellie's song was definitely better no surprise it's album sold more copies.

It would be cool if The soundtrack and IDWLF both peak #1 in the same week 

15 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

Last year's Grammy winning albums didn't even do half of 125k, and there will only be 4 1/2 days of sales post Grammys this week.

Taylor did 43k. Multiple that by 3 (because of the "Adele factor") and you get 129,000 units making for a close race.

:eli: 

Edited by TSLGNMA

Just now, TSLGNMA said:

Taylor did 43k. Multiple that by 3 (because of the "Adele factor" and you get 129,000 units making for a close race.

:eli: 

I guess Adele has a chance, but I can't see her completely taking it unless she wins AOTY.

Just now, Chainsmoker said:

I guess Adele has a chance, but I can't see her completely taking it unless she wins AOTY.

She really doesn't have a chance. I mean I guess maybe she could outdo Fifty shades but I doubt it. I never underestimate Adele tho.

First Hunger Games, now Fifty Shades. Charitable Queen Taylor Swift helping another movie soundtrack :clap3: 

NEW RELEASES: DARKER DAYS

Based on very early reads, the Fifty Shades Darker ST is on track for a healthy #1 bow on both our SPS and album sales charts. The album is currently #1 at iTunes and three of its tracks—featuring ZAYN-Taylor, Nick Jonas-Nicki Minaj and Sia, respectively—are in the Top 10 on the singles side. How will the film's opening box office affect the numbers? Stay tuned for updates.

Fifty Shades Darker ST (Republic) 120-140k SPS, 55-65k album
Lupe Fiasco (1st and 15th) 33-38k, 28-32k
Brett Young (Big Machine/BMLG) 22-25k, 19-21k
Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness (Vanguard) 15-18k, 13-15k

In political news, America can breathe easy—the President's staff has put up a post-it note reminding him not to tweet out the nuclear codes.

Lupe barely dropped from last album and with no label too :eek:

21 hours ago, TSLGNMA said:

She really doesn't have a chance. I mean I guess maybe she could outdo Fifty shades but I doubt it. I never underestimate Adele tho.

If Adele wins AOTY, she will be #1 for sure.

Brett Young and Andrew McMahon doing good numbers! Especially the last(debut) album of Andrew McMahon sold 10k only on first week:eek:

TOP 15: EVERYTHING LOOKS DARKER

Fifty Shades Darker will take the #1 spot on both our SPS and Sales Charts this week. After arriving at the Grammys in a "Make America Great Again" dress, indie artist Joy Villa will try to break into the top 5 on both charts with her 2014 release. What did she know and when did she know it?

SPS
*Fifty Shades Darker (Republic) 130-135k
Big Sean (G.O.O.D./Def Jam) 73-78k
Migos (Quality Control) 60-65
The Weeknd (XO/Republic) 50-55k
Bruno Mars (WMG) 45-49k
*Joy Villa (Joy Villa) 43-47k
Adele (XL/Columbia) 42-46k
Beyoncé (Columbia) 41-45k
Trolls (RCA) 39-42k
Lady Gaga (Interscope) 37-40k
La La Land (Interscope) 37-40k
Moana (Walt Disney) 27-30k
*Brett Young (Big Machine/BMLG) 25-28k
Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 25-28k
Post Malone (Republic) 25-28k

SALES
*Fifty Shades Darker (Republic) 71-76k
*Joy Villa (Joy Villa) 38-41k
Beyoncé (Columbia) 33-36k
Adele (XL/Columbia) 28-31k
Trolls (RCA) 27-30k
Bruno Mars (WMG) 25-28k
La La Land (Interscope) 25-28k
Lady Gaga (Interscope) 22-25k
*Brett Young (Big Machine/BMLG) 20-23k
NOW 61 (NOW) 18-20k
Moana (Walt Disney) 16-18k
2017 Grammy Nominees (WMG) 15-17k
Brantley Gilbert (Valory/BMLG) 14-16k
*Lupe Fiasco (1st and 15th) 14-16k
*Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness (Vanguard) 13-15k
Keith Urban (Capitol Nashville) 10-12k
Maren Morris (Columbia Nashville) 9-11k

*DEBUTS 

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 8:54 PM, pieuxvu said:

If Adele wins AOTY, she will be #1 for sure.

i guess her past history on sales and charts put the expectations bar up way too high :foot:

it´s a kind of uniqe situation now tho with it already having saturated the market basically and sold so much, but still an ok boost percentage-wise

3 minutes ago, blackbeatxx said:

i guess her past history on sales and charts put the expectations bar up way too high :foot:

it´s a kind of uniqe situation now tho with it already having saturated the market basically and sold so much, but still an ok boost percentage-wise

Yeah, 2012 and 2017 have some major differences. In 2012 when 21 was up for the Grammys, a significant proportion of the public had (somehow) still never seen/heard Adele. After she sold 3.4 million albums in her opening week back in November 2015, a lot more people already know about her and her music. So she gets a bump, but nothing like 2012. I admit I had hoped for 100k many months back if she swept the Grammys, but the market has already changed significantly since mid-2016.

1 hour ago, blackbeatxx said:

I was hopping for 100-120k pure sales at least.

I am tired of seeing those soundtracks topping the chart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.