Annihilation (2018) • Now On Netflix Int'l // 79 Metacritic

362 posts in this topic

Mimie

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/annihilation

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/annihilation/

DSzMERuW0AYLJgs.jpg

annihilation-1024x682.jpg

Annihilation is an upcoming British-American science fiction thriller film directed and written by Alex Garland (Ex Machina) based on the book of the same name by Jeff VanderMeer. The film is scheduled to be released on February 23, 2018, by Paramount Pictures.

PLOT

Spoiler

A biologist's husband disappears. She puts her name forward for an expedition into an environmental disaster zone, but does not quite find what she's expecting. The expedition team is made up of the biologist, an anthropologist, a psychologist, and a surveyor.

CAST

Natalie Portman

Jennifer Jason Leigh

Gina Rodriguez

Tessa Thompson

Oscar Isaac

tumblr_inline_nisvqva4js1szaa83.gif

Dark Miracles

:duca::duca::duca:

Can't get over that release date though. This has more than enough pedigree to compete in awards season if it delivers.

Mimie
1 hour ago, phreshprince said:

So this is a one-off since it’s being released in February?

“I did once work on a film called Dredd, which I imagined to be the first part of a trilogy. But it’s not something I like doing. I’d rather work on a story that I felt was self-contained rather than one that sort of had a ‘dot-dot-dot’ at the end. I think that provokes a sort of instant, understandable, cynicism. We sense the money grab and I feel that pollutes the story. So, right from the get-go, I did not think of this as being part of a trilogy; I thought of it as being just a single, self-contained movie. If other people wanted to do that, that would be fine. That’s none of my business. But from my point of view, it’s just one.”

looks like it :'( 

Superbitch

Y'all have no idea how much I've waited for this. People who've seen it told me it's amazing and Gina slays everyone. 

Superbitch
1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

What's this about? 

It's just crazy lol there's a booo trilogy you should read it. The first book it's just liek 198 pages. 

A biologist searches for her missing husband while on an expedition with a secret agency and discovers a dangerous creature lurking in the wilderness.

Dark Miracles

CAST

Natalie Portman

Jennifer Jason Leigh

Gina Rodriguez

Tessa Thompson

Oscar Isaac

So much talent. And the Asian girl from Ex Machina is back too!

giphy.gif

Superbitch

False alarm trailer not coming out today but later this week. Probably attached to a new relese this weekend. 

DaenerysFenty

Natalie, Oscar Isaac and the director of Ex Machina aka one of my favorite movies of all time all in one movie??! I can’t wait to be SNATCHED!

tumblr_inline_nisvqva4js1szaa83.gif