Yndda

mighta been thinking of earth science instead of geology, oops

anything with an -ology is probably hard anyway

AqfvfYM.gif

hey watch it. I 've studied Geology/Environment

48 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

hey watch it. I 've studied Geology/Environment

And what is your current line of work 

The good sis Geology remains unbothered.

33499f419cb4b3db38afd42f17cdcc6c--gems-a

Geology is one of the few fields that has no real application to the lives of humans. I had to take Geology for my undergrad and it was and embarrassingly irrelevant flop that I got an A+ in. While the often demonized Algebra and Calculus often lose touch with application, they work to expand the analytic mind and challenge mental processes. Geology just sits there and does nothing. Meanwhile across town, the social sciences are fighting to expose institutionalized oppression that deprives people of their money, jobs, healthcare, and livelihood. While people are systematically marginalized by existing power structure, the earth sciences are like "look at the degradation of this metamorphic rock, the striation tells us of the soil composite 5 million years ago" as I struggle to pay my bills. Bye!

Gorl I signed up for it this semester thinking it was an easy a (which it is) but it's SO ****ing boring and time consuming 

like bitch

I honestly never understood what geology classes actually entail, or what geology majors actually do...? Like maybe that sounds dumb and condescending but I legitimately don't know

4 minutes ago, potent said:

I honestly never understood what geology classes actually entail, or what geology majors actually do...? Like maybe that sounds dumb and condescending but I legitimately don't know

Well, in my experience, the earth sciences are dominated by white men. It's basically a field for white men to play around and do whatever they want because they think it's interesting. My professor wasn't even present 3/4 the class as he was doing "field work" AKA getting paid to not teach AND getting paid through grants to play around in nature. Like what are you actually contributing to anything? My friends at two different university offices both said these earth science professors demand special treatment. They are a nightmare to deal with because they want everything paid for them but don't fill out the proper paperwork. They also don't get proper estimates for materials or go through the proper channels and just expect the university to baby them and hold their hand and 'make it happen.' They ALSO don't proper report their traveling expenses and are short-tempered when you ask them to follow university policies, all of which is shady to the max. Again, middle aged white men that demand special treatment and for everybody to make sacrifices so that they can play with rocks and stargaze while the universities scramble to find the funds before the fiscal year is over. As you can see, I have no respect for them when they throw shade at the social sciences yet contribute nothing to the lives of everyday people as long as they play in the sandbox.

THE MOST BORING THING ABOUT GEOGRAPHY :redface: political geography >>>>>>>>>>>

Geology is very boring.

But, there were times when it became interesting

Especially when you get the hang of identifying different rocks and minerals.

Additonally, it has helped me understand the reasonings behind current earthquakes a little more, I.E., Mexico.

I took two geology classes just to graduate and get my Bachelors.

I would never do it again though.

BYEEEEEEE, Geology is amazing! Imagine thinking planet Earth is boring :biblio: 

4 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

BYEEEEEEE, Geology is amazing! Imagine thinking planet Earth is boring :biblio: 

ROcks aren't amazing :biblio: 

Just now, ProudLBS said:

ROcks aren't amazing :biblio: 

stop with your geologyphobia pls

CottVkg.thumb.png.53427bfe719b4d05d602d8

10 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

stop with your geologyphobia pls

CottVkg.thumb.png.53427bfe719b4d05d602d8

:biblio:

No, it's actually quite interesting and easy. 

I used to like it a lot both when I was little and in high school!

3 hours ago, Paola Bracho said:

7bc86ec970ad07f5f606f99f6cfd06f5.gif 

:deadbanana3:

Girl I had to drop my geology class. My professor was teaching it at a PHD level. The exams were impossible. If you didn’t know EVERYTHING about EVERY rock/mineral or whatever you were DONE. His exams weren’t multiple choice it was all fill in the blank. More like fill in the Fail.