Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

17 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I thought Because of You was banned from this round? :rip:

It's the same as When You're Gone which was banned cause it's not considered good for this round so... :beatfreak:

Sober was banned from this round, not BCoY. Both are fantastic bridges, Kelly really did that

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Ohhh I see. I mixed up the songs lol. 

Excited for the results :flower:

Don't get your hopes up!

1 hour ago, Alena said:

I was asking the important people of the show though :) 

Oh honey, I can easily sabotage you.

Watch that mouth.

12af5779b636d2b0e94e87b7ded6cec2.jpg

The Star - Theme song from animated movie The Star by me out now on iTunes. 

Listen to MASSEDUCTION while you wait for the results :)

2 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

Listen to MASSEDUCTION while you wait for the results :)

We need the audience to LEGALLY stream the album 

6 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

We need the audience to LEGALLY stream the album 

:)

11 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

:)

Unpopular opinion: Pills isn’t in the trinity  

Edited by T-Swizz

8 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

Unpopular opinion: Pills isn’t in the trinity  

I don't think that's too unpopular, a lot of people are calling it annoying :'( It's just outside my trinity

Masseduction > Los Ageless > Sugarboy > Pills > Young Lover > Smoking Section :katie2:

kfc4lyl.png

Welcome castaways to your 8th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges (plus the public vote results!). You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into a tribe average which will determine which tribes are losing a member.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked on your tribe, against all castaways, and finally the overall tribe rankings this round.

The lowest averaging tribe will be headed to Tribal Council where they will vote off one member, who will become the 11th eliminated player of the season.

Each of the rankings was converted to a numeric score using the following scale:

1st: 10

2nd: 9.5

3rd/4th: 9

5th/6th: 8.5

7th/8th: 8

9th/10th: 7.5

11th/12th: 7

13th/14th: 6.5

15th: 6

16th: 5.5

With that said, here are the scores…

Alcantra

clc7JYVoc0fnShp_rlP58UIaYFWZ83m6-Xx_0YZTMJx03hwPAD8MkHOBl_BMwAynq6f7oyFkKdxlWdX8yDlCg2sFMV0vA8J2B4d1j4_JkCFNdzExyI-wpQ1qox0-GWYmFGPEIej_

Marvin - Ariana Grande - Break Free

• Element - 4th - 9 - This bridge always gets me hyyyype especially with those high notes at the end. It has a really good decrescendo in energy and then picks back up leading to that explosive final chorus. The lyrics are a little basic so that keeps this from being at the top for me, but still a great pick.
  • rl231 - 6th - 8.5 - Pretty good bridge that shows off her vocals incredibly. Do I think it’s the best? Not really, but it’s effective.
  • Dylan - 10th - 7.5 - This is standard in every form of the word but Ari has a voice that can make standard work better than others. Not the best of the bunch, but it’s good.
  • T-Swizz - 8th - 8 - This is a pretty standard bridge embellished with beautiful vocals by yours truly, Miss Grande. Decent, but not great.
  • Public Vote: -1 | 10th - 7.5

Loveyoubxtch - Ariana Grande - Thinking Bout You

• Element - 6th - 8.5 - This bridge is SO well produced. I especially love the harmonies they added. It's not as powerful compared to the ones above, but it's a really good entry.
  • rl231 - 9th - 7.5 - I do actually enjoy the bridge of the song because the production changes up slightly, but I think the post-bridge chorus is the best part.
  • Dylan - 12th - 7 - This builds up in a more subtle manner than most songs this round. I definitely think you could have found a stronger bridge but this is at least interesting in production and it’s not a horrible choice. Just super super average and that drowns it out in comparison to other people this round.
  • T-Swizz - 11th - 7 - Basic lyrics and predictable chord changes.
  • Public Vote: 0 | 8th - 8

K$Ellie - Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out

• Element - 7th - 8 - It was good but I wasn't jumping up and down over it. However, the lyrics here were very strong so that helped elevate your ranking a bit.
  • rl231 - 2nd - 9.5 - FLORENCE IS GREAT AND DESERVES MORE CREDIT IN THIS WORLD. On the real though, it’s an incredible bridge; great job!
  • Dylan - 5th - 8.5 - I find this to be the stronger Florence entry sent in this round though both we’re actually very good.
  • T-Swizz - 5th - 8.5 - The slow build-up throughout the song finally reaches a booming percussion, adorned with her magnificent sustained high note, elevating the song to new heights.
  • Public Vote: +1 | 7th - 8

Losing my ground - Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes

• Element - 2nd - 9.5 - This bridge really creates tension and drama and pulls the listener in. The build up, followed by the few seconds of calm, and then the powerful final chorus is a really strong composition. One of the best choices. (Also, sorry for ruining your streak of 9s below)
  • rl231 - 3rd - 9 - The build-up in this bridge is insane and totally works here. You did miss out on that 1st place from me with Fix You, but let’s hope your gamble with the public vote works.
  • Dylan - 3rd - 9 - I believe this was sent in by S4 winner Yvess in his season. And it did very well then. I’ve always loved this song but the bridge specifically makes the song and that’s what this round is about. And what quite a few people missed out on.
  • T-Swizz - 4th - 9 - My childhood anthem. Sonically, this was top 3, but there was stiff competition and the other 3 edged you out lyrically.
  • Public Vote: +3 | 3rd - 9

MusicLoverDude - Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift

• Element - 12th - 7 - I actually like the bridge to LWYMMD - the "I don't trust nobody" part is nice melodically, but the spoken part can be seen as cringe-y. I think it provides a respite in the song, but the telephone call just kind of ruins its momentum and there isn't much of a climax to build up to anyway.
  • rl231 - 8th - 8 - My opinion is actually going to be controversial here, but I actually like the bridge to LWYMMD. It’s different but actually pretty iconic in the grand scheme of things, specifically for that last line. I also love the build-up in the bridge.
  • Dylan - 14th - 6.5 - This is the least interesting part of the song in my opinion. It’s not so much that this bridge is bad. It’s that your song fares better in every other part than the bridge. I get that maybe the “The old Taylor is dead” statement encouraged you to send this in, but it’s a miss for me this round.
  • T-Swizz - 15th - 6 - This is the worst part of the song and the only decent thing to come out of it was the ICONIC “I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now" "Why?" "Oh, 'cause she's dead!"
  • Public Vote: -8 | 16th - 5.5

Kathlen - Marina and the Diamonds - How to Be a Heartbreaker

• Element - 15th - 6 - First of all, thanks for giving me an excuse to watch this video again! It's a cute little section of the song but it just doesn't have much power moving into the final chorus - in fact, it almost seems completely separate from the climax?
  • rl231 - 16th - 5.5 - You probably would’ve done SLIGHTLY better with your other choice of The Heart Wants What It Wants, but I’m not sure if you fully grasped the challenge. The bridge needs to be a highlight in the song and shine just as hard, if not harder, than the chorus. This entry was lacking, sorry.
  • Dylan - 11th - 7 - I don’t love this but I really don’t hate it either. I do think this builds up to the final chorus. It just does so in a more mellow manner than other songs. For a lot of people, that’s not going to be a good thing this round and I completely understand that. However, I don’t think every bridge has to be in your face to elevate the song. There’s levels involved.
  • T-Swizz - 16th - 5.5 - Dreadful.
  • Public Vote: -5 | 15th - 6

PoKiTaurus - Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

• Element - 10th - 7.5 - I think it's a very mathematically created bridge. It gets the job done well enough and you can bop to it, but the lyrics are pretty uninspired.
  • rl231 - 14th - 6.5 - I mean, the breakdown is cool and all, but it’s so LONG and unnecessary. I wanted to fast forward back to the chorus, which is much better than the bridge IMO.
  • Dylan - 6th - 8.5 - I’ve always loved this bridge so I am going to stand by you this round Ms. Pokitaurus. The dubstep breakdown is dope and it builds up well into the final chorus. Actually, this entire song is so underrated. Anyway, good luck! Your scores are certainly varied thus far.
  • T-Swizz - 9th - 7.5 - I love dance-breaks and it’s perfect for someone like Britney. The less singing, the better!
  • Public Vote: -1 | 10th - 7.5

Fruity - Avril Lavigne - Fall to Pieces

• Element - 8th - 8 - I've always loved this song as a whole. The bridge is a bit simplistic lyrically compared to other submissions this round, but I do really like the key change (?) in the second half of the bridge. (T-Swizz is a fat cow for his critique btw)
  • rl231 - 11th - 7 - Interesting pick, but I just didn’t think it was that strong. I did appreciate the build up though, which is why it’s at this ranking.
  • Dylan - 8th - 8 - I’m slightly offended by the hate this is getting both publicly and by judges. It’s not her strongest bridge but it builds up nicely and those last two lines make my 13 year old angsty self cry. I’ve always loved this song in general. The biggest thing that set you back this round for me was that I don’t know if the bridge is the end all, be all of the song. It’s good, but it’s not amazing. Pretty good choice though.
  • T-Swizz - 12th - 7 - If this were any other round, you definitely would’ve gotten below a 5. Terrible song and the bridge doesn’t get interesting until the last 12 seconds (there wasn’t much to begin with). You were doing so well earlier in the competition, hopefully(for your sake) this ARTPOP era comes to a screeching halt next round.
  • Public Vote: -3 | 12th - 7

Lussan

GmQ0kXx.png

wesleywalrus - Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark

• Element - 16th - 5.5 - no.
  • rl231 - 15th - 6 - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I honestly felt that this was such a cringeworthy bridge and that the chorus was just a much better representation of the song.
  • Dylan - 16th - 5.5 - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No, but really. I don’t find this bridge to stand out as particularly strong in comparison to the rest of this holy album track.
  • T-Swizz - 10th - 7.5 - I apologize for choosing the superior bridge (MTN) in my season but you still had plenty of other choices. Bad Romance has YET to be chosen for this challenge!

Riri. - Wicked - Defying Gravity

• Element - 5th - 8.5 - I like this as a whole. I think it definitely sets the final climax into motion and really hammers home the inspirational theme.
  • rl231 - 4th - 9 - I’m actually not too familiar with the musical, but the song was a journey and the bridge was really great!
  • Dylan - 4th - 9 - I’m actually so surprised to see this bridge sent in by you. I was expecting weasley for some reason! The bridge takes the track to a new level and that’s what we’re looking for this round. Nice job.
  • T-Swizz - 2nd - 9.5 - This bridge is heavily cinematic and a pivotal moment in the track where Elphaba chooses to free herself from the preordained rules and limits. Great choice!

talent - Florence + the Machine - What the Water Gave Me

• Element - 11th - 7 - It's not bad but it isn't one of the top ones this round IMO. I liked the instrumental in the bridge and it works to tie the song together, but it could have had more impact.
  • rl231 - 13th - 6.5 - Absolutely love FATM, but this bridge wasn’t the highlight of the song and was kinda forgettable.
  • Dylan - 9th - 7.5 - I found the other Florence entry stronger this round but I still thought this was good. It was just very average in comparison to other songs submitted this round and since we’re ranking, that has a negative effect on you.
  • T-Swizz - 7th - 8 - I adore this song and I’m fascinated by the claim Florence is making, but the bridge doesn’t stand out for me. It blends in a little too well with the other verses.
  • Public Vote: 0 | 8th - 8

Citrus - Bruce Springstreen - Born to Run

• Element - 13th - 6.5 - There doesn't seem to be much buildup here. It's almost too long and wordy to be impactful.
  • rl231 - 7th - 8 - I’m a lowkey sucker for this song, but I’ve always had this appreciation for the bridge because of the story. HOWEVER, you would’ve ranked higher if you stuck with your gut and sent in All These Things That I’ve Done.
  • Dylan - 13th - 6.5 - I (unfortunately) gotta side with Swizz on this one.
  • T-Swizz - 13th - 6.5 - BORING!
  • Public Vote: +2 | 6th - 8.5

Alena - Kesha - Praying

• Element - 1st - 10 - This has to be my favorite entry of the round. It's so raw and perfectly shows how Kesha has reconciled her emotions to the situation. That high note is so iconic!
  • rl231 - 5th - 8.5 - KESHA VOCALS. She’s changed for the better and it shows in the song and the bridge. It’s just not as strong as the other bridges, for me, but great job this round!
  • Dylan - 1st - 10 - This bridge gives me goosebumps every time. My personal #1 by a mile.
  • T-Swizz - 3rd - 9 - If this round were limited to modern day music, this would’ve won without a doubt, but my top 2 are classics for a reason.
  • Public Vote: +7 | 1st - 10

Lucky#17 - Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going

• Element - 3rd - 9 - Talent! True talent.
  • rl231 - 1st - 10 -  I just can’t stop thinking about when she performed this song on American Idol with Jessica Sanchez and how wide her mouth was while she was singing. ANYWAYS, great job and a perfect bridge!
  • Dylan - 2nd - 9.5 - Easily one of the best entries this round. It’s like so raw, unfiltered, and ferocious. It just grips at your emotions instantly and it like conveys a squall of pain and defiance that is accompanied by unmatched vocal athleticism. This is by far the most riveting bridge of the bunch. LMAO. T-Swizz serving the mother f***ker that does the absolute most for every short answer in class tea.
  • T-Swizz - 1st - 10 - Raw, unfiltered, and ferocious. It grips at your emotions instantly and conveys a squall of pain and defiance accompanied by unmatched vocal athleticism. By far the most riveting bridge of the bunch.
  • Public Vote: +5 | 2nd - 9.5

Rhisiart - Barbra Streisand - Don't Rain on My Parade

• Element - 9th - 7.5 - Got lost in the shuffle of the stronger entries. It does its job well but others are better for me!
  • rl231 - 10th - 7.5 - Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good bridge. However, it’s not as strong as the others, and I think the biggest thing going against it is how strong the chorus is.
  • Dylan - 7th - 8 - This was very middle of the pack for me. You understood the round and if this wasn’t a ranking round, you might have a higher score. But because this round is about how well you do in comparison to others rather than just on an individual basis, that’s just how the dice rolls.
  • T-Swizz - 6th - 8.5 -  There entire top 6 was chock-full of stellar submissions so it made it quite difficult to judge them, as this round was ranked. It’s more of a reflection of how well you did in comparison to others than the usual individual based score.

Aciid - Foals - Spanish Sahara

• Element - 14th - 6.5 - I really appreciated the risk of not submitting a well-known song, but the bridge here just kind of flatlines. It's relaxing to listen to but it's just kind of repetitive and doesn't end up at a destination.
  • rl231 - 12th - 7 - I WAS WAITING FOR A BUILD, AND I DID NOT GET ONE. WHY, ACIID, WHY?! Instead, I got this ginormous fizzle in the song, hence your placing.
  • Dylan - 15th - 6 - I actually thought the song was pretty cool. But I listened past the bridge specified and the song never really even builds up. There’s one slight build up around 4:20 (hehe) but that’s not nearly enough to get you far in this ranking.
  • T-Swizz - 14th - 6.5 - This was a tad too mundane for moi.

Final Results coming up.

lB6xNDR.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Alcantra

1. Losing my ground - 9.1 - IMMUNE
2. K$Ellie - 8.5
3. Marvin - 8.1

4. Loveyoubxtch - 7.6

5. PoKiTaurus - 7.5

6. Fruity - 7.4

7. MusicLoverDude - 6.6

8. Kathlen - 6.0

Lussan
1. Lucky#17 - 9.6 - IMMUNE

2. Alena - 9.5
3. Riri. - 9.1

4. Rhisiart - 8.1

5. talent - 7.4

6. Citrus - 7.2

7. Aciid - 6.6

8. wesleywalrus - 6.3

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall Rank:

1. Lucky#17 - 9.6 (+1)

2. Alena - 9.5 (+15)
3. Losing my ground - 9.1 (+3)

4. Riri. - 9.0 (+6)
5. K$Ellie - 8.5 (+9)
6. Rhisiart - 8.1 (+6)

6. Marvin - 8.1 (-5)
8. Loveyoubxtch - 7.6 (=)
9. PoKiTaurus - 7.5 (-2)
10. talent - 7.4 (-1)
10. Fruity - 7.4 (+5)
12. Citrus - 7.2 (-9)
13. Aciid -  6.6 (-4)

13. MusicLoverDude - 6.6 (-8)
15. wesleywalrus - 6.3 (-12)
16. Kathlen - 6.0 (-5)

Average Rank (through R8):

1. Losing my ground - 8.72

2. Loveyoubxtch - 8.12

3. Riri. - 8.11

4. Fruity - 7.99

5. Citrus - 7.98

6. Lucky#17 - 7.95

7. PoKiTaurus - 7.88

8. Rhisiart - 7.67

9. Kathlen - 7.64

10. wesleywalrus - 7.60

11. Marvin - 7.43

12. Alena - 7.28

12. Aciid - 7.28

14. K$Ellie - 7.19

15. MusicLoverDude - 7.12

16. talent - 6.93

17. Mariah4life - 7.96

18. Speezy - 8.33

19. Buddy! - 8.53

20. Taeyeon - 8.46

21. Kylie Jenner - 7.48

22. Queen Conchita - 6.92
23. Guero - 6.88
24. Tsareena - 6.31
25. Scotty - 4.79
26. Fa1x Intelectual - 2.8
27. AlexaVon - 1.8

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round?

Click the spoiler to find out!

Spoiler

Coming in 1st place this round is...

Tribe Lussan with an average of 7.96. 

ZbuwlwK.png

Congratulations! You are all safe.

Which means, Tribe Alcantra, with an average of 7.60, you are heading to tribal council. 

Alcantra - One of you will become the eleventh eliminated castaway after this Tribal Council. When you are ready, PM the SURVIVOR chat that has Element and rl231 with the name of the person you want eliminated from your tribe. Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software (available online or to download)! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 3 PM EST on Saturday, October 21st. Remember, Losing my ground is immune from elimination on your tribe.

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone.

• ATRL Moderator

Fun fact: based on average RANKINGS, Lussan was 7.7 and Alcantra was 9.1 - so Lussan really did that!

9 minutes ago, rl231 said:

Citrus - Bruce Springstreen - Born to Run

• Dylan - 13th - 6.5 - I (unfortunately) gotta side with Swizz on this one.
  • T-Swizz - 13th - 6.5 - BORING!

Lucky#17 - Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going

• Dylan - 2nd - 9.5 - Easily one of the best entries this round. It’s like so raw, unfiltered, and ferocious. It just grips at your emotions instantly and it like conveys a squall of pain and defiance that is accompanied by unmatched vocal athleticism. This is by far the most riveting bridge of the bunch. LMAO. T-Swizz serving the mother f***ker that does the absolute most for every short answer in class tea.
  • T-Swizz - 1st - 10 - Raw, unfiltered, and ferocious. It grips at your emotions instantly and conveys a squall of pain and defiance accompanied by unmatched vocal athleticism. By far the most riveting bridge of the bunch.

rpJlJAk.png

Praying should have been #1 :) I thought I would have done a little better but at least I'm 2nd

@Alena us filler bitches slaying this round :heart2:

1 minute ago, K$Ellie said:

Praying should have been #1 :) I thought I would have done a little better but at least I'm 2nd

The public vote was your downfall tbh