Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

kfc4lyl.png

The theme for Round 5 is...

Ruin the Friendship

~I'm thinking we should cross the line~

You all killed it last round, so great job! This round, we are going to take a page out of the classic friendship trope but twist it with those that you just want to break. No, it's not because you hate them. It's actually because you really, really, really like them. What we want you all to focus on are songs about friendships crossing that proverbial line. The song should say verbally that one of them really wants to step past the point of friendship and look towards something more. This round, two tribes will be immune once again!

What To Do:

Once your song is selected, PM the hosts in the SURVIVOR chat the artist and title of your song (do this in your voting/trio PM that we sent you). You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

There are 21 of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, I encourage you to send a back–up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

Take Into Consideration:

The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):

9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.

8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.

7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.

6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.

5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.

3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.

1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

I will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously, no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is "Ruin the Friendship" by Demi Lovato from her new album 'Tell Me You Love Me'. The song talks about how Demi wants to ruin the friendship and cross the line with someone that she is friends with. She wants to take that risk, even if there might be bad consequences on the way.

As always, this is due in 24 hours, so 11 PM EST on Monday, October 9th and please submit in the SURVIVOR PM chat that has rl231 and Element in it!

Edited by rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

Mess, Conchita kinda did that :ahh:

7 minutes ago, Element said:

u still sure 

:skull:

I also found that II but Element told me it was already taken. Thanks Conchita for that. 

I can't at the stupid people in that filler tribe, I told y'all to vote off KJ, you'd have Conchita's bff out and her plan would backlash. I'm so pissed off, now my Riri. is in danger because of y'all bunch of dumbs

1 minute ago, Losing my ground said:

I also found that II but Element told me it was already taken. Thanks Conchita for that. 

I can't at the stupid people in that filler tribe, I told y'all to vote off KJ, you'd have Conchita's bff out and her plan would backlash. I'm so pissed off, now my Riri. is in danger because of y'all bunch of dumbs

Nnn tbf I've been solo since the new tribe, we haven't even spoken about voting :-*

• ATRL Moderator

You guys have a new requirement to go along with your R5 song submission. 

You must private message us a BOOTLIST of the entire remaining cast formatted as follows, with the #1 spot being the person you would eliminate first and the #20 spot being the person you would eliminate last. You are not included on this list. The point of this list is so if you do NOT vote by the deadline, we will take the highest ranked person on your bootlist instead as your vote. If you vote from your bootlist TWICE, you will be auto-eliminated. 

VOTE OUT FIRST

VOTE OUT LAST

If you do NOT send the bootlist, your entry from round 5 WILL NOT COUNT and will be scored as a ZERO for your tribe.

@Marvin
@Lucky#17
@Rhisiart
@MusicLoverDude
@Mariah4life
@Loveyoubxtch
@Buddy!
@Kathlen
@Citrus
@Alena
@Queen Conchita
@Kylie Jenner
@PoKiTaurus
@Fruity
@wesleywalrus
@Aciid
@K$Ellie
@Speezy
@Riri.
@talent

@Losing my ground

11 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

I used a free small popcorn reward I got with going to the movies every day from moviepass :rip: love scamming! 

Serving double Joanne!

Can we change this bootlist at any point

eg. what if our loyalties change

Gkn3v.gif

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Element said:

If you vote from your bootlist TWICE, you will be auto-eliminated. 

Can you explain this?

Just now, Marvin said:

Can you explain this?

So if you forget to vote and we have to pull from your bootlist twice, you're out of the game.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Marvin said:

Can you explain this?

If you don't cast an actual vote, but instead we have to use your bootlist as a backup... the first time it's fine, but if it happens a second time, then you're out of the tournament altogether, because we can't have non-voters.

So say for example, if Kylie wins the TB and doesn't vote again, we're removing her from the game.

So hard to make that bootlist, I have 16 people drawing at #1

Gkn3v.gif

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Citrus said:

this bootlist is messy

it's something that hopefully you'll never have to use!

1 minute ago, Element said:

it's something that hopefully you'll never have to use!

A timely legend like myself will never

Gkn3v.gif

So basically, the highest person we score in our tribe, that isn't immune would be chosen if you don't submit a vote? @Element

8 minutes ago, Citrus said:

this bootlist is messy

More messy than judges ranking participants who they PERSONALLY like the most so that is a deciding factor in case they tie?

wHgYuFy.gif

1 minute ago, Losing my ground said:

More messy than judges ranking participants who they PERSONALLY like the most so that is a deciding factor in case they tie?

wHgYuFy.gif

This needs to happen too! 

6 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

So basically, the highest person we score in our tribe, that isn't immune would be chosen if you don't submit a vote? @Element

If they're on your tribe, then yes.

3 minutes ago, Losing my ground said:

wHgYuFy.gif

Sounds like someone doesn't have the C(harisma)!

wHgYuFy.gif

54 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Okay but thank you @Queen Conchita because knowing it's gone is a huge stress off my back 

tenor.gif

I'm guessing one person from each tribe got it?

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Correct