Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

the server error locked URBAN out the last day but he's working on it now 

results within 2 hours prob 

Fourth Harmony over @URBAN

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, URBAN said:

2.5/10 confirmed for your entry.

URBAN

Higher than my score for it

Just now, Element said:

Higher than my score for it

She needs to pack ha ish in her Joanne hat and bizounce out this mutha!

Dylan’s rates were done 36 hours ago btw! 

3 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

Dylan’s rates were done 36 hours ago btw! 

SweeTee Excellence strikes again.

Nc21BEf.gif

Edited by Lucky#17

1 minute ago, Lucky#17 said:

SweeTee Excellence strikes again.

Nc21BEf.gif

Let’s light the night up......

:weeps:

i cant stop crying. 

31 minutes ago, URBAN said:

2.5/10 confirmed for your entry.

URBAN

Are you talking my score or Fifth Harmony Metacritic score

URBAN

6 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

Are you talking my score or Fifth Harmony Metacritic score

1.5/10 now, your score.

URBAN

lets go

GLtWh3P.gif

• ATRL Moderator

get me to a new page

et graphWidth: CGFloat = 0.8  // Graph is 80% of the width of the view

let amplitude: CGFloat = 0.3   // Amplitude of sine wave is 30% of view height

override func draw(_ rect: CGRect) {

let width = rect.width

let height = rect.height

let origin = CGPoint(x: width * (1 - graphWidth) / 2, y: height * 0.50)

let path = UIBezierPath()

path.move(to: origin)

for angle in stride(from: 5.0, through: 360.0, by: 5.0) {

let x = origin.x + CGFloat(angle/360.0) * width * graphWidth

let y = origin.y - CGFloat(sin(angle/180.0 * Double.pi)) * height * amplitude

path.addLine(to: CGPoint(x: x, y: y))

}

UIColor.black.setStroke()

path.stroke()

}

im wet

• ATRL Moderator

lB6xNDR.png

Welcome castaways to your 4th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into a tribe average which will determine which tribes are losing a member.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked on your tribe, against all castaways, and finally the overall tribe rankings this round. 

The lowest averaging tribe - just one this time! - will be headed to Tribal Council where they will vote off one member, who will become the 7th eliminated player of the season.

With that said, here are the scores…

Alcantra

HbVdSGCbgNswl4fKaOUxUSr0QgV00QEhBoNFSB57_aWkhPhG5gix-BcC-dmlU9XDI-YvPh1gflJMqJO3inUXZWxbAFrFFPe-TOIr7Elt_YOj0SGfQn3hG_8A64O8xYgVdA

wesleywalrus – I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas

• Element - 6.5 - There are definitely a few references to leaving behind your worries and stresses, and just going out to have a good time. Those lyrics unfortunately get lost within the constant, repetitive party lines. Sonically, I was hoping for something with a more laid-back and calm vibe, so while this song is definitely carefree and fun, it’s not really ~easygoing~ and relaxing like I was hoping to see.

• rl231 - 8 - I’m conflicted. I think, on the surface, your song is definitely fitting of the theme. However, the lyrics and the overall vibe make it go down...just not that down.

• Dylan - 8 - This one is hard and I’ve come back to it a lot. It’s one of the best entries when it comes the vibe of the song but it’s one of the weakest lyrically because it’s not too direct besides one verse. I totally get the vibe that the song is about escaping work life and having fun, but a lot of entries did the same thing with more direct lyrics backing it up.

• URBAN - 7 - Yes and no, it fits the theme but I get more turn-up and let go vibes rather than lay-back and let go. Not really relaxing, which was emphasized in the round summary.

Marvin – Ciara - Livin It Up (Solo Version

• Element - 7 - This song is very catchy and infectious so thank you for introducing to me! As far as this challenge goes, it's an okay entry. It doesn't really hit the theme outside of the chorus and sonically, it's not bad but not great either.

• rl231 - 7 - I absolutely understand why you sent the song. The main thing that’s holding me back from scoring you higher is how often she mentions this person and how she’s got them. Thematically, I think this round was less about love and more just about...livin it up.

• Dylan - 7 - To me, the vibe of your song is an 8. But, your lyrics are only a 6 if I’m being generous. I see some self-empowerment lyrics here. The lyric about not knowing what her next move is but living it up regardless is good. But, there’s not enough of that. I’d be inferring a tad too much if I gave you a better score than this. Not horrible at all considering you scored a 7, but not great either.

• URBAN - 7 - Such a bop, one of my faves of this project. If there wasn’t a love interest involved, you would’ve gotten a higher score for this entry.

Speezy – One Step at a Time - Jordin Sparks

• Element - 7.5 - First of all, thank you for bringing this song back to my attention because I definitely needed this reminder in my life. Post-college is not fun! With regards to this theme, I see the angle from which you were approaching this, but it unfortunately falls a bit flat for me. I do like how she lays out how this person is frustrated, but I was looking more for a track where someone embraces leaving these stresses behind and just chilling out for a bit. I do think the song would have a calming effect on the listener, however, so I did bring your score back up because of that.

• rl231 - 8 - What I appreciated about this song was how it was a different approach to the round while still “taking it easy.” I just wish it were a bit stronger.

• Dylan - 9 - This song’s a little different because it’s not about leaving stresses behind and going out to party. It’s more so encouraging people to calm down and relax and just left life work itself out one step at a time. And i dig that. A bop. An album. RHRN is still trash tho. Good job!

• URBAN - 7.5 - Such a beautiful song! It’s definitely a feel good track, but to me it focuses more on not giving up hope or rushing life, than letting go and enjoying life.

talent – Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now

• Element - 9.5 - This definitely captures the sonic vibe we were looking for, and the lyrics pretty clearly suggest that he is leaving behind his worries and will enjoy the bright future. The only thing holding this back from being a 10 is that the lyrics could be a bit more expanded and substantial, but otherwise great choice!

• rl231 - 9.5 - THIS. IS. TALENT.

• Dylan - 9.5 - I feel like I’ve dragged you a tad in all your entries I’ve judged so far. But, I think you hit the mark this time for sure. The song’s a clear lyrical fit and the vibe is the same vibe discussed in the prompt. It’s relaxed and carefree in that peaceful Bob Marley sort of way. Nice choice.

• URBAN - 10 - What a flawless entry! Hit all the marks.

Queen Conchita – Happy - Pharrell Williams

• Element - 7.5 - This song drove me CRAZY when it was at its peak. I hated hearing it every two minutes! I’ve read through the lyrics a few times, and I think it discusses the theme but is definitely not as strong as other entries this round. There could be a bit more content to go off of, and I also feel like the energy of this song is almost a little too high… I was personally hoping for songs that make you want to be relaxed and chilled out, and this one makes you want to dance more than lay back. But not bad by any means.

• rl231 - 8 - Ugh, this song lol. It’s a great song, but it got annoying FAST. Anyways, I do think the song is a good fit for this round, but again, I just wanted something more lyrically.

• Dylan - 8.5 - The song definitely succeeds on a sonic level. It’s relaxed. It’s carefree. Lyrically, it has a good amount of lyrics related to the worries rather than being happy. But, it could succeed further with a little more of those lyrics. Sometimes it’s a little too simple (for me). Regardless, this is your best round I’ve judged so far.

• URBAN - 8 - It hits the theme, but sonically it’s not relaxing. Too uptempo.

Riri. – I Feel Good - Thomas Rhett

• Element - 9.5 - I actually think that this is one of the strongest entries this round??? The only part that is a little off-base is the rap verse. But overall I just really vibed with this track and thought it had the laid-back sonic and lyrical aspects that I was hoping for. Lyrically, he talks about so many things that are relaxing like sipping wine, driving with a breeze, losing track of time - he’s just super chill about everything and says no problems or negativity can bring him down. Great find and also a bop that I wasn’t expecting to like since I’m not a country fan!

• rl231 - 9 - I’m legitimately so confused. His voice doesn’t fit the song at all lmao. Then, I see that Charlie Puth was a writer on this, and I’m just like “Oh.” BUT good job!

• Dylan - 7.5 - The chorus fits this round pretty well. Sonically, this song isn’t the most calming track of the bunch but it works decent enough. I think the verses could support the chorus better to take this entry one notch up, but overall it’s a decent entry for the task.

• URBAN - 8 - Fits the theme, but like “Happy” it’s a bit too uptempo and not really soothing/relaxing. Wish that rap verse wasn’t part of the song.

Kylie Jenner - MIKA - Relax, Take It Easy

• Element - 8 - I really like this song from just a general perspective. Like I'm going to save this on Spotify alongside that Thomas Rhett song so thank you. Lyrically, this definitely addresses the theme, especially in the chorus. I don't get much of a laid back vibe however; in fact, it's rather tense and dramatic, so your score flatlines a bit.

• rl231 - 10 - This was the song that I immediately thought of for this round, hence the 10 is yours!

• Dylan - 9 - Popular! I’m talking ‘bout popular! Anyway…lyrically this is really strong. The strongest on your tribe imo. But, it’s not the most calming track of the bunch when it comes to the sound of the track, which we were told to take into special account this task. The instrumental doesn’t scream carefree to me. However, it’s still a strong entry like most your entries have been this season. Nice find.

• URBAN - 8.5 - Oh wow, this is my first time hearing this song. It’s amazing! Def fits the theme, like other entries, it’s a bit too uptempo for what I was looking for with these entries, but the theme is there.

Lussan

GmQ0kXx.png

Alena – Live High - Jason Mraz

• Element - 8 - This one was very…philosophical. I think that in a game like this where you are trying to present a theme, songs that are clear and have a lot of substance for us to judge on are definitely better than abstract lyrics, at least for getting a high score in the 9-10 range. I liked the overall vibe and the lyrics work pretty well for the theme.

• rl231 - 9.5 - I feel like these lyrics are relatively complex, and that’s unexpected for me. Nice job!

• Dylan - 8 - These lyrics are definitely not the most straightforward but I do think the general consensus is that we should stop worrying about life and just appreciate for what it is. It’s relaxing in the way most Jason Mraz songs are. Pretty good choice.

• URBAN - 8.5 - Lyrics are a bit too abstract, but it definitely hits the theme. Sonically it’s lovely and everything I was looking for.

Citrus – Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae

• Element - 10 - tenor.gif

• rl231 - 10 - One word: YES.

• Dylan - 10 - Things finally came around full throttle for you this round. This song was actually mentioned in our judge chat as one the songs that would be an excellent entry for this round. It has everything we asked for. And it’s a dope song. Great choice!

• URBAN - 10 - Oh wow, oh wow! Look who decided to survive!! Perfect entry, the lyrics, the sound, it’s everything we asked for to be honest. It’s such a feel good track, I’m vibing as I type this. Excellent job!  

Losing my ground – Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammer

• Element - 10 - I totally forgot about this song but it works PERFECTLY. Every line hits the theme!  

• rl231 - 10 - A throwback that I love and appreciate; great job!

• Dylan - 10 - One of the best entries this round. It’s super strong lyrically and it’s embracing that carefree mellow attitude you guys were asked to emulate this round.

• URBAN - 10 - AHHH bitch!!! If I could give you an 11 I so WOULD. I had forgotten about this beautiful song. Bravo, perfecto, take my all these points bitch!!!!

Buddy! – Don’t Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin

• Element - 9.5 - I originally had this as a ten before diving into the rest of the songs, and the 10s this round just have a little more substance to them. Otherwise, this is a great example of the sound and lyrics we were looking for.

• rl231 - 9.5 - Duh. The main thing that brings it SLIGHTLY down is the repetitiveness.

• Dylan - 9.5 - Congrats on being the first of 16 to attempt to snatch this song.

• URBAN - 10 - the other judges didn’t give you a 10, so here ya go hoe, this song deserves it. Don’t get used to it though, you’re still trash.

K$Ellie – Be Alright - Ariana Grande

• Element - 9 - The lyrics encapsulate the theme really well, but are a bit repetitive compared to some of the higher scorers. I do actually think you can relax quite well to this song too… it has a very sleek, yet calming vibe.  

• rl231 - 9 - Another STRONG choice...just not as strong as the others.

• Dylan - 9 - You don’t have to be sitting on the peach drinking pina coladas to a guitar playing to be relaxing or calm. And I like that your song differs from the bunch in that sense.

• URBAN - 8.5 - Covers the theme, but another entry that’s more uptempo and less relaxing for what I was looking for this round.

Mariah4life – Living in the Moment - Jason Mraz

• Element - 10 - I read through this a few times and I think it actually really hits everything that I was looking for in the theme. I especially love this section: “I will not waste my days making up all kinds of ways, to worry about some things that will not happen to me.” Great job.

• rl231 - 9 - A good choice! The one thing that held me back was the simplicity of the lyrics, unlike the other Jason choice.

• Dylan - 8.5 - I feel like all 21 of you could have sent a Jason Mraz song that fits to a 8-level degree or more. It’s calm. It’s on topic lyrically. It’s good.

• URBAN - 9 - Ooh, this is my first time hearing this. Sonically is a yes, lyrics were also fitting, except for one verse where he mentions his love interest and how she’ll be the one to remind him to love in the moment. He shouldn’t need her to live in his moment.

Loveyoubxtch – Celebrate (English version) - Jessica Jung

• Element - 7.5 - It’s not bad, but I definitely was hoping for more. Sonically, it doesn’t work for me because it’s more of a dance-pop track than something laid-back. I feel like this was a better entry than I Gotta Feeling though because at least the lyrics about freeing your mind are not bogged down with other clutter.

• rl231 - 8 - I think it’s a good choice, but sonically, it’s like I Gotta Feeling for me, which is why you get the same score as Wes.

• Dylan - 8 - I was worried this would be a major misfire but it’s actually cute for the round. It’s not the best on a sonic level but it’s stronger than some other tracks lyrically so that makes up for it.

• URBAN - 7.5 - Sonically it’s a no, lyrically it could’ve been stronger.

Cofresí's scores will be up soon!