Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Sorry for the delay - I was looking into the theme that I had planned and decided that it might be harder than anticipated, so I'm working on a new one with rl231 as soon as I get home

10 minutes ago, Element said:

Sorry for the delay - I was looking into the theme that I had planned and decided that it might be harder than anticipated, so I'm working on a new one with rl231 as soon as I get home

Not surprised...Evilment strikes again

Hey sweetie I’m sorry I didn’t have time for you to do that text I was just wondering if you’re coming over for tomorrow tonight or just tomorrow the one I had like a couple lot of times but it was now wasn’t like it was just the same thing.

Edited by Dylan'

29 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

Hey sweetie I’m sorry I didn’t have time for you to do that text I was just wondering if you’re coming over for tomorrow tonight or just tomorrow the one I had like a couple lot of times but it was now wasn’t like it was just the same thing.

Wottice

giphy.gif  

5 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Wottice

giphy.gif  

It’s OBVIOUSLY a clue to the hidden immunity idol. 

copy and paste and you win hidden immunity

giphy.gif

moo always one step ahead

• ATRL Moderator

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, wesleywalrus said:

giphy.gif

I'm just waiting on rl231 to approve ha

4 minutes ago, Element said:

I'm just waiting on rl231 to approve ha

@rl231 giphy.gif 

it past few minutes! post the new challenge!

ririfan213.gif

What's new. The judges should have a budget cut, especially that Snake fan. 

6 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

What's new. The judges should have a budget cut, especially that Snake fan. 

+1

3xQP09D.gif3xQP09D.gif3xQP09D.gif3xQP09D.gif3xQP09D.gif3xQP09D.gif

• ATRL Moderator

kfc4lyl.png

The theme for Round 4 is...

Take It Easy

~Running Down The Road, Trying To Loosen My Load~

Last round was definitely the strongest yet, so let's keep up the good progress! This round, we are going to try to assemble the most cool, calm, and collected playlist ever seen in ATRL Survivor. In the modern world, everyone has a million worries on their mind, especially with so many political problems, natural disasters, and man-made tragedies in recent years. We definitely need music to pull us back from all of the stress and keep us relaxed and grounded. As such, you will be looking for songs that talk about leaving one's worries behind and just enjoying life. If things are difficult, this song should reassure them that everything will be okay. They can sit back, relax, and just take it easy like the narrator is. Two very important things to note while picking a song: (1) songs with a carefree, laid-back SOUND will definitely help take your score to the next level and (2) do NOT send in songs about breaking up with people - that is not the theme. And finally, to minimize your own worries a bit... this round, there will be two immune tribes -- only ONE tribe will head to tribal council and vote someone out! 

What To Do:

Once your song is selected, PM the hosts in the SURVIVOR chat the artist and title of your song (do this in your voting/trio PM that we sent you). You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

There are 21 of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, I encourage you to send a back–up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

Take Into Consideration:

• The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.
  • The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.
  • The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):

9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.

8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.

7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.

6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.

5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.

3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.

1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

I will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously, no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is "Take It Easy" by The Eagles. The song lays out how he has been worried and stressed about many things in life, but he has decided to push those problems to the side for now and just "take it easy". He wants to embrace the moment and just enjoy life as it comes. 

Well I'm running down the road trying to loosen
My load, got a world of trouble on my mind

I've got seven women on my mind

Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy

As always, this is due in 24 hours, so 9 PM EST on Thursday, October 5th and please submit in the SURVIVOR PM chat that has rl231 and Element in it!

I'm stumped 

C4AwVXz.gif

• ATRL Moderator

the fights over bob marley in my PMs right now

C4AwVXz.gif

the erroneous attribution of one song to bob marley 

C4AwVXz.gif

rl231 still not being online

C4AwVXz.gif

• ATRL Moderator

There's such a perfect song that hasn't been snatched yet

C4AwVXz.gif