Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happens, I'm alive and breathing.

On a serious note - I knew a lot of high school and junior high + college friends that were in Vegas last night. Too close to home

3 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

@Element the tags didn't work sis :emofish:

ATRL is so ugly!

I'll be pissed off if the song I submitted originally (& got rejected) gets higher points :biblio:

1 minute ago, Element said:

Yet you still couldn't get me out!

H3UF6QG.gif

Talent doesn't always win

M7U2alq.gif

1 minute ago, Queen Conchita said:

I'll be pissed off if the song I submitted originally (& got rejected) gets higher points :biblio:

Same

lB6xNDR.png

Welcome castaways to your 3rd results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into a tribe average which will determine which tribes are losing a member.

Special thanks to @T-Swizz for filling in at the last minute! A true martyr.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked on your tribe, against all castaways, and finally the overall tribe rankings this round. 

The TWO lowest averaging tribes will be headed to Tribal Council where they will each vote off one member, who will become the 5th and 6th eliminated players of the season.

With that said, here are the scores…

Alcantra

HbVdSGCbgNswl4fKaOUxUSr0QgV00QEhBoNFSB57_aWkhPhG5gix-BcC-dmlU9XDI-YvPh1gflJMqJO3inUXZWxbAFrFFPe-TOIr7Elt_YOj0SGfQn3hG_8A64O8xYgVdA

Marvin – Stupid Girls - P!nk

• Element - 10 - This is a fantastic entry for this theme - P!nk satire is scathing and it really encompasses the social media generation in a nutshell.
  • rl231 - 10 - For a song released over 10+ years ago, it’s still relevant today.
  • Dylan - 9 - P!nk is criticizing women that display themselves a certain way in order to fit in (with men in this case). And most of her commentary is about how women dumb themselves down to be liked by men and how they are too concerned about their appearance rather than about their intelligence. Overall, the tracks fits well for the theme given. 
  • T-Swizz - 9 - Hate the song but it fits the theme pretty well. This is the song that DYKE used to shade beyonce smh

Lucky#17 – Luxurious - Gwen Stefani

• Element - 6 - Okay, so this song isn’t necessarily a terrible entry for this round, but it definitely doesn’t hit the exact notes that I was hoping for. Reading through the lyrics, I get the sense that luxury isn’t necessarily something that Gwen is desperate to show to society, but rather just within the small world of her relationship. It’s not overtly vain or self-obsessed like other entries here. The lyrics about working hard for her money also keep this off-base because it’s like… she’s earned this. Also, I feel like the luxury could be a metaphor for having a rich, dynamic relationship, so it might not be completely literal.
  • rl231 - 5 - You’ve done better, Lucky. This song is more about taking the money you’ve rightly earned and spending it while owning that fact.
  • Dylan - 5.5 - I see what train of thought you were going for in sending this which is why this score isn’t super low, but it’s not really what the round asked for. For starters, I’m pretty sure the luxury theme is just a metaphor for not needing to flaunt her relationship excessively. If that’s not the case, I still don’t think this is the “in your face” level of vanity I see in other entries. And she mentions working hard for what she has so that knocks you down another notch. The luxurious elements aren’t necessarily what they appear to be. Not your best entry of the season. 
  • T-Swizz - 3 - This song isn’t about vanity in the slightest. 

Rhisiart – Selfies - Nina Nesbitt

• Element - 10 - This is a really strong look into how Instagram culture has become so relevant in achieving goals and relationships. I love how this shows the warped thought process behind certain actions on social media too... and then how he turns it around and says she’s being vain for it?? Phew. It opens up a conversation. “Guess I'm reaching out to be assured, all I wanted was to be adored” is such a strong line. 
  • rl231 - 9.5 - Definitely an interesting take on the social media generation. It talks about the attention that people want after feeling down and how we’re all guilty of it.
  • Dylan - 9.5 - This is a really interesting song in general. It’s one of the few entries that tackle social media which I know wasn’t a requirement, but it’s cool you did so. People definitely try to grab a person’s attention through social media posts and it’s a cultural thing we see happen and also take part in without really thinking about. Anyway, good job Rhisexy. 
  • T-Swizz - 8.5 - The song definitely touches on the theme but I wouldn’t say it completely encapsulates it since she seemed to post selfies out of spite as opposed to actually being vain. 

MusicLoverDude – I Don’t Want It At All - Kim Petras

• Element - 9.5 - This song really really captures the vapid essence that I was hoping for this round. The fact that she states her entire relationship is based on this dude buying her stuff is very relevant and it basically sounds like she’s having an attention-seeking tantrum as an adult. Definitely your best entry so far! Great job!
  • rl231 - 10 - So let me preface this by how it’s all about the lyrics, BUT DR. LUKE DID THIS?! WHY MUST HE BE SO TALENTED YET SO TERRIBLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Anyways, I digress, it’s a great entry!
  • Dylan - 9.5 - Big step-up from your first round entry (I didn’t judge last round). The song is all about some girl wanting everything now and right now. It deals with vanity in the sense of entitlement rather than appearance, but it still works very well in doing so. Nice job.
  • T-Swizz - 9  - Fits the theme!

Mariah4life – Can’t Get Enough of Myself - Santigold

• Element - 10 - I think this one is a great representation of the inflated ego that so many people have in the modern day. She has this brilliant balance between satire and almost seeming to take her words seriously that it just works so well. 
  • rl231 - 10 - THE NAIL ON THE FREAKING HEAD. DAMN.
  • Dylan - 9 - Lyrically, this is one of the best entries this round. It just doesn’t have the exact attitude that those lyrics should bring with it. But, that’s less important than a lyrical fit so it’s a very strong entry regardless. 
  • T-Swizz - 10 - The perfect choice. The lyrics are completely self-centered and not dependent upon someone else. Not sure how much more vain one can get.  

Loveyoubxtch – Vanity - Christina Aguilera

• Element - 10 - Duh
  • rl231 - 9.5 - Basically.
  • Dylan - 9.5 - K. 
  • T-Swizz - 9.5 - Pretends to be shocked.

Buddy! – Barbie Girl - Aqua

• Element - 8 - This song obviously was a strong bit of social commentary back when it was released, and I think that it still holds relevance in today’s world. I do feel that this one is a little more critical of corporate practices and problematic relationships, but it does capture strands of delusion and vanity that we were looking for.
  • rl231 - 8.5 - Good job! I think it reasonably hits the theme, but is it as strong as the others? Not as much.
  • Dylan - 8.5 - Both your entries so far (that i’ve judged) have ANNOYED me because I spend too much time thinking about them! My final consensus is that the song is criticizing the “superficial” world that was emerging in pop culture during that time and it’s still pretty applicable to the present so cute choice. 
  • T-Swizz - 9 - Multi-layered commentary touching on how vain our society has become. Great choice.

Lussan

GmQ0kXx.png

Kathlen – Primadonna - Marina and the Diamonds

• Element - 10 - The second verse is such a strong representation of this theme, especially the line “get what I want cuz I ask for it, not because I’m really that deserving of it”... I recognize that the entire album was based in satire and social commentary which is heavily supported by the lyrics poking fun of vanity and self-absorption. Great choice.

• rl231 - 10 - Damn, you’re killing the competition! I feel so crazy giving this many 10’s, but everyone’s been doing mostly well! Anyways, perfect song for this round; get that 10.

• Dylan - 10 - “I know I’ve got a big ego, I really don’t know why it’s such a big deal though.” That lyric sealed the deal for me because it can be interpreted as the newer generation not understanding why the old crusty boring not fun at all generation think’s they’re entitled and full of themselves. Enjoy your 10.

• T-Swizz - 10 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Citrus – Ratchet Commandments - Tink

• Element - 8 - There’s a lot that she tries to cover in this song, but it definitely gets its point across. Some of the lines about social media and people’s priorities are very strong, but this round’s theme does become a bit obfuscated by other parts of the track. I love the line, “she won't pick up a book but she'll probably bust it open for social media,” because honestly it’s so true!

• rl231 - 8.5 - It’s like she met someone from Love & Hip Hop that she absolutely despised and went to town on her in the lyrics. Anyways, good entry!

• Dylan - 7 - The amount of entries we have about women putting down other women is TRIGGERING me!!! But anyway, in Tink’s opinion this new generation is ratchet and will do anything for attention on instagram. And that fits. There’s just a LOT of off-topic lyrics that take away from those lines. But, this is way better than R1 for me.

• T-Swizz - 7.5 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Alena - Mrs. Potato Head - Melanie Martinez

• Element - 9 - Oh wow I’ve actually never heard this song but I love the melody and production a lot tbh. I think that it’s a pretty strong representation of the theme - my only criticism here is that it seems to be discussing how other people are the negative influence for others to get plastic surgery, whereas I wanted to see a little more focus on how people are obsessed with themselves.

• rl231 - 8.5 - It definitely hits the theme of vanity, but I thought the plastic surgery part of it was the main thing that brought it down. Otherwise, good job!

• Dylan - 10 - Oh god the first two minutes of this music video was some scurry stuff. But but but, your song totally tackles the concept of people being too obsessed with appearance (and getting plastic surgery because of this). Improvement from the last entry of yours I judged for sure!

• T-Swizz - 10 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Queen Conchita - Piece of Me - Britney Spears

• Element - 5 - This one just doesn’t hit the theme too well. It does have a few lyrics that reference society’s vanity, but Britney is mostly lamenting the state of media and their obsession with her. But a lot of it is about Britney trying to refute those claims and it just doesn’t have that self-obsessed vibe that I was hoping for.

• rl231 - 4.5 - It’s sad that you got beat out for Vanity because you would’ve done much better with that song :/. This song is more about Britney’s relationship with the media.

• Dylan - 4 - I sort of get where you were going with this? Yes, there’s lyrics about how the media focuses on Britney being too big/too thin and having plastic surgery. But that’s not the main point of the song at all. This track is Britney taking a jab at the media/paparazzi for always being involved in her personal life. It’s a statement on dealing with fame more so than the people of the present being too appearance obsessed.

• T-Swizz - 2 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Taeyeon - Digital Witness - St. Vincent

• Element - 9 - This is a really strong satire of people obsessed with social media and the Internet! I think that some of the other songs this round have more lines to support their higher scores, but this is a solid entry regardless.

• rl231 - 9 - Great entry, but I just wish there was more detail!

• Dylan - 9 - This would be an easy 10 if it had just a little more to it. However, it’s clearly commentary on how this generation is too worried about doing things for their social media followers to see rather than doing things for themselves. Nice choice.

• T-Swizz - 9 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Kylie Jenner - Google Me - Teyana Taylor

• Element - 8.5 - This one is kind of weird to me because she references working hard and thus potentially earning the right to be cocky? But that could be a delusion too. I think it touches the overall concept pretty well but it comes across as more of a pump up track than a satirical vibe.

• rl231 - 10 - ABSOLUTE. BRILLIANCE.

• Dylan - 9.5 - And you’re back! I like how this entry combines the concept of vanity and social media obsession. She’s so full of herself, but also uses her google stats to validate that self-absorption. It’s a two-for-one in that sense.

• T-Swizz -  9 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

PoKiTaurus - Me Too - Meghan Trainor

• Element - 7 - It’s good but not great - seems to be more empowering than delusionally vain. It almost seems to be a celebration of her success. You definitely touch the theme with how self-centered she is, but it doesn’t get all the way there.  

• rl231 - 6.5 - It’s definitely narcissistic, but it’s not quite all the way in on the theme. It’s more about women feeling empowered for who they are and not to care.

• Dylan - 6 - I get that this has cocky lyrics but they’re very minor both in meaning and in attitude. I think this is more so a “Pretty Girl Rock” than a “Vanity” type of song as it has cocky lyrics but they seem to be more about self-empowerment than vanity. I get why you sent this, but there were better options if you wanted to capitalize on cockiness.

• T-Swizz - 5 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Cofresí's scores will be up soon!

6 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

4 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Same

This fortune telling

Okay **** y'all. I submitted and had Can't Get Enough of Myself, but changed because it's not about arrogance, it's about self love. Smh. 

Just now, Marvin said:

These SCORES :jonny3:

Lordddd

This challenge description sucked, y'all asked for songs that critiqued this generation's vapidity but then give high scores to songs about people just essentially saying "I'm the best!" Y'all should've called this round Ego, based on how you judged. 

Just now, Citrus said:

Okay **** y'all. I submitted and had Can't Get Enough of Myself, but changed because it's not about arrogance, it's about self love. Smh. 

I read through the lyrics multiple times and thought that it really hit the nail on the head and her comments were satirical in nature

1 minute ago, Citrus said:

This challenge description sucked, y'all asked for songs that critiques this generation's vapidity but then give high scores to songs about people just essentially saying "I'm the best!" Y'all should've called this round Ego, based on how you judged. 

ngl i feel a LITTLE cheated. i had Remy Ma's "Conceited" but then it wasn't really about vanity so i thot... well dfshaufpe9wsnwf

Edited by Lucky#17

Just now, Element said:

I read through the lyrics multiple times and thought that it really hit the nail on the head and her comments were satirical in nature

But ?? they ?? aren't ??

It's about self ownership as an independent POC artist, poor your privilege glasses! 

2 minutes ago, Citrus said:

why you mad. talking bout you mad.

mariahgross.gif

so Alacantra won? I did the math 

Edited by Speezy

Cofresí

2DJ6L77.png

Fruity – Beauty Killer - Jeffree Star

• Element - 7.5 - I feel like the first half of the song does reference the theme but the rest of it gets lost. This was a painful song to listen to, my goodness. (His BF tho phew)

• rl231 - 8 - Atrocious lyrics and probably an atrocious person. Decent entry; it hits the theme in parts but not fully.

• Dylan - 9 - Horrible person. Very good entry.

• T-Swizz - 8.5 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

wesleywalrus – Superficial - Heidi Montag

• Element - 7 - This one is hit or miss for me. There are some lines (such as “I’m addicted to the glitz and glamour) that work, but others that are off base, such as where she says people don’t truly know her. It’s more of a response to others’ criticisms vs a comment on society.

• rl231 - 8 - See Fruity’s comments lol, but Heidi’s not really atrocious, just meh.

• Dylan - 7 - This entry is weird because Heidi is attempting to make a statement about how she’s not superficial but describes herself as just that. She exemplifies this round in the verses. But, the chorus sort of tries to make a failed social statement about herself. Not bad, just a little off-base here and there.

• T-Swizz - 7.5 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Aciid – Diamond Life - Miss Fame

• Element - 6.5 - This is really lacking for me. The theme is mentioned but it’s a very surface level description of vanity and riches… I don’t really see much deeper meaning here.

• rl231 - 7 - This song was PAINFUL to listen to. Anyways, not bad but not great either. It hits the vanity part, but it doesn’t go deeper.

• Dylan - 7.5 - This tackles the theme pretty well in terms of vanity. It’s just not that vain or bold of song in comparison to a lot of other entries submitted this round.

• T-Swizz - 7 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

K$Ellie – Fashion - Lady Gaga (VERSION)

• Element - 8 - It’s good but not great. There are some lines where she directly addresses the theme and I also feel as if the obsession with fashion (such as listing the brand names) is a solid example of society’s priorities. Definitely a big step up from last week!

• rl231 - 7.5 - It’s decent, but..........meh. Like there’s definitely elements of vanity, but I’m very unsure about the song.

• Dylan - 8.5 - I think the line “I am anyone you want me to be” can be interpreted as social commentary in addition to some other lyrics. The song places a massive emphasis on appearance in the form of fashion so I think it’s a pretty good choice for this round.

Speezy – Instagram - Destorm

• Element - 9 - God this song was SO obnoxious that it like sonically represents the concept too. The lyrics are pretty strong, and while it wasn’t the best of the round, it definitely captures the essence I was hoping for.

• rl231 - 9 - PAINFUL. AWFUL. THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORST. BUT GOOD, VERY VERY GOOD.

• Dylan - 9 - The worst song of all time but a very nice entry for this round. They’re clearly over-infatuated with social media in wanting to make sure someone captures the moment of them looking good/having fun.

• T-Swizz - 9.5 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Riri. – Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO

• Element - 7 - God it infuriates me still that this song was such a big hit. I hate it, hate it, hate it!! It’s so asinine. There are PARTS of it that work but other parts of it just seem like he’s messing around and I can’t give it a higher score than this sry

• rl231 - 7.5 - Lol I’m one of those people that loves this song at a party and have a slight dance to it. ANYWAYS, good entry, but I don’t think it fits the theme fully. It’s vain but not really deep.

• Dylan - 8.5 - Part of me thinks this song is a joke but the other part of me thinks this song actually does go hand-in-hand with gym rats on instagram.

talent – Beautiful, Dirty, Rich - Lady Gaga

• Element - 5.5 - Okay, they’re beautiful and dirty rich? So what? There’s nothing deeper.

• rl231 - 5 - The song doesn’t really delve any further, and the “got no money” kinda sinks it. She’s essentially saying that you need to fake it until you make it.

• Dylan - 6 - Ehhhhhhhhhhh. Yes, these kids want to feel beautiful and rich but the song isn’t vain at all. If anything, these kids are the opposite of what they describe themselves to be (“we got no money”) and are saying they can feel beautiful and rich in their own rights regardless of reality. So while I get you may have thought it was describing how the current generation is too obsessed with affluence and beauty since that’s what these kids desire, it’s not that easy of a statement. I mean it’s Gaga.

• T-Swizz - 4 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Scotty – Work Bitch - Britney Spears

• Element - # - 2.5 - Well, you finally broke out of the six streak you were on, but not in the right direction! There are a few moments of materialism and vanity, but it’s more of an empowering song. She wants you to WORK for those things, not just pretend that you’ve earned them like so many people do on social media. Probably the worst entry of this round - sorry bb

• rl231 - 3 - “I’m sorry, I just don’t get it.” - Britney Spears; all savagery aside, SCOTTY, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The other judges have said it already, so I won’t repeat it, but...:(

• Dylan - 3 - I get the chorus mentions fancy things but the song isn’t drowning in statements of vanity by any means. It’s saying if you work hard and have strong ethics, you’ll be able to enjoy luxurious things. There’s no sense of entitlement or vapidity. It’s actually quite the opposite. Sorry but this one is pretty out there.

• T-Swizz - 1 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Losing my ground – Donatella - Lady Gaga

• Element - 6 - The intro is the strongest part honestly (and also the salad line lol)… a lot of the rest of the song just gets bogged down in fashion references and while I GET the point of the track to discuss the problems of the industry, it just doesn’t have the bark and bite that I would want to see. It’s more of a general narrative about the model’s life.

• rl231 - 6 - What even are these lyrics lol. The intro SAVED you from scoring lower, but otherwise, I feel like it’s more about fashion and modeling, rather than overall vanity.

• Dylan - 6.5 - There’s definitely elements of the theme in this entry but the verse about “radiating her magic even though she’s misunderstood” makes it seem like the protagonist in this song isn’t the negative things she’s described as in the beginning. So it’s almost like self-empowerment to some degree rather than just embracement of vanity.

• T-Swizz - 5 - @ T-Swizz if you want an explanation

Final Results coming up.

poor cofresi

mariahgross.gif

omg we flopped

I to and throwed whether to send Destorm - Instagram in for so long but really didn't think it fully met the brief :jonny2: