Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

Also, if you're European, you should probably just go to sleep lol

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 1 song that has just tied for a ATRL Survivor record for this round.

• ATRL Moderator

some of these entries

2DpuDiFl.png

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, rl231 said:

Lowest score ever?

If the judges critiques don't match the round explanation again :rip:

21 minutes ago, rl231 said:

Okay but when will you reveal it

2028d98beb62507e0d1cf4f5c9c9e77a.jpgim ready for the worst

Edited by Mariah4life

40 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

The judges read the prompt multiple times while judging a single entry, rest assured we're more than well-aware of what it contains. I practically memorized it.

4O1TBns.gif

Edited by T-Swizz

48 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

They all match boo.

You will see.

URBAN

While we're waiting

i guess its not happening

4O1TBns.gif

Just now, Mariah4life said:

i guess its not happening

4O1TBns.gif

its almost like we were lied to

again

4O1TBns.gif

1 minute ago, Element said:

:)

4O1TBns.gif

kfc4lyl.png

Welcome castaways to your 7th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into a tribe average which will determine which tribes are losing a member.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked on your tribe, against all castaways, and finally the overall tribe rankings this round.

The lowest averaging tribe will be headed to Tribal Council where they will vote off one member, who will become the 10th eliminated player of the season.

With that said, here are the scores…

Alcantra

clc7JYVoc0fnShp_rlP58UIaYFWZ83m6-Xx_0YZTMJx03hwPAD8MkHOBl_BMwAynq6f7oyFkKdxlWdX8yDlCg2sFMV0vA8J2B4d1j4_JkCFNdzExyI-wpQ1qox0-GWYmFGPEIej_

wesleywalrus – Going Through Changes - Eminem

• Element - 8.5 - This was a really really vivid entry and probably one of the best this round. It shows both the darkness/suicidal moment and the reasons for pulling through that dark time quite well. Great choice.
  • rl231 - 9 - This was a RANGE of things happening. For every song in this round that had substance abuse, this one was BY FAR the most relevant. Well done!
  • URBAN - 8.5 - A great entry. He spoke about the negative aspect of fame and how bad it can get. He felt trapped, resorted to taking drugs to a point where it almost took his life. He also mentions how his love for his family, especially his daughters is what drove him to stay alive. A good balance of negative and positive emotions. Although the song does convey the message of hope, as he wants to get better for the sake of his daughters after almost overdosing, it doesn’t fully tap on the importance of seeking help. Yes, he does acknowledge that he needs to seek help during the first verse, but not enough to give others the push to seek help for themselves.
  • T-Swizz - 7.5 - Starts off with a sample (which is always interesting) from Ozzy Osbourne in reference to creating music without the influence of drugs, then expands into substance withdrawal and depression. He laments his drug dealing friends for enabling his addiction but understands their motivation, they were protecting their investment in a sense. He isn’t very optimistic about seeking help and only mentions it once in the first verse. The overwhelming majority of the song vividly recounts the breaking point but doesn’t go into much detail about how he’s been overcoming his addiction.

Marvin – Good Day - Lil B

• Element - 9.5 - Great job!
  • rl231 - 10 - LIL B THE BASED GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I’m not going to delve into the song like my other judges did, but Marvin, you’ve finally arrived. Take your 10!
  • URBAN - 9.5  - Damn, right from the go he lets us know that he’s on the verge of taking his life. He’s nearing a point of no return, but is realizing the importance of life as he nears this dark place. Outside of having a form of PTSD, he doesn’t really talk about what it is that caused it, just that these dark thoughts are emotionally draining him. Although he doesn’t discuss the cause of his PTSD, he does provides hope and awareness by letting us know that life is important and we must live it to the fullest. He ends the song with the lyrics “Keep your head up, I love you”, telling the audience that he knows what it’s like to be in that dark place, but that suicide is not the answer.
  • T-Swizz - 10 - Another song that includes a sample but puts a diabolical twist on it “Sometimes I go to sleep with my AK If I blast it, it's gonna be a good day”. He seems to be in a dark place in the first verse and reveals that he has some form of PTSD, by the second verse he begins to convince himself that suicide is never the answer and that he has a lot to live for, and in the final verse he reveals that basketball helped him escape those darker thoughts and create profound relationships with others that encourage him to think positive. Raw and unfiltered and hits all the marks, great choice. Congratulations on being my only 10 this round!

talent – A Better Son/Daughter - Rilo Kiley

• Element - 6 - This one is kind of strange to me in that I don’t really know if the hope aspect is actually self-improvement or just putting on a facade to ignore the true problems? It doesn’t delve into the theme as much as I would have liked.
  • rl231 - 5.5 - Honestly, I feel like this is more about fighting through the pain of depression and bipolar disorder, rather than suicide. However, your score is a bit higher because there are suicidal thoughts involved.
  • URBAN - 6.5 - This song deals more with her depression and finding the strength/motivation to go on with life coping with bipolar disorder. Although it does convey “hope”, it’s not necessarily pushing the line of “seeking help”, as this is a disorder she’s used to dealing with everyday, and not a cry for help or an urge to take her life away.
  • T-Swizz - 5 - Contrary to the other songs, this deals with bipolar disorder more so than suicide. Within the first verse, you see the artist confronting his manic symptoms but when his mother criticizes him for it, he throws it right back at her face (suggesting it may be hereditary). He is a lot more optimistic in the second verse but never really talks about seeking help, simply just changing his mindset. Depression and bipolar disorder go hand in hand so I suppose there’s a connection to suicide in that sense but for the most part this seems to be about accepting and trying to overcome a mental disorder.

Riri. – The Call - Matt Kennon

• Element - 6 - I think that it works especially in the first verse! The second half of the song kind of goes away from the theme, so that holds your score back. It also could be seen as more serendipitous than awareness.
  • rl231 - 6.5 - A STORY. I do think it touched on the theme a bit on making “the call,” which works for the theme, but it didn’t really hit that much.
  • URBAN - 5 - This was such a good listen, but it didn’t fully focus on the theme. The song was more so about being there for the ones you care about as you never know what’s going on in their lives. The verse that did touch on the subject wasn’t really about the person seeking help, but more about them coincidentally being saved by a loved one.
  • T-Swizz - 6 - This didn’t really tell a personal story or properly document the pain and anguish someone on the verge of suicide would feel. The artist just tries to show how important it can be to remind those around you that you love and care for them. I won’t even get into the second half of the song because I’m pro-choice and I don’t feel that aborting a 5 week old embryo correlates to suicide but that might just be me!

Lussan

GmQ0kXx.png

Alena – Fight Song - Rachel Platten

• Element - 1

This is your flop round

Fall from the top round

Your massive drop round

Straight tens to straight ones

Starting right now, you’ll be wrong

You’ll play your flop song

And you don’t really care if nobody else believes

You’ve still got a lot of flop left baby!

• rl231 - 1 - 514YsDjOIxL._SL300_.jpg
  • URBAN - 1 - This song is more about believing in yourself and not suicide awareness.
  • T-Swizz - 1 - If you’re throwing a challenge, make it a bit less obvious.

Citrus – Make It Stop (September’s Song) - Rise Against

• Element - 9 - I’ve read through the lyrics a few times and I think it hits all the points pretty darn well. It really emphasizes awareness and not forgetting the stories of those who have taken their lives. The name reading in the bridge was intense. The final chorus definitely completes the cycle and leaves this on a tone of hope, albeit a little bit less than other entries this round. But good pick!
  • rl231 - 8 - I’m on the fence with this one. On one hand, I think it’s really strong in making suicide awareness a thing. On the other hand, it doesn’t hit all the points of the round.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - The message is there, loud and clear. The artist mentions the victim's struggles and what they went through, but one of the important things for this round was to highlight how the victims overcame their struggles, and unfortunately they all took their lives. What’s important here is that the song speaks on awareness and delivers this message to the audience, and it does.
  • T-Swizz - 8 - This is a great song with a very powerful message but unfortunately it falls flat in certain areas. The song documents those who have already decided to take their own lives (the bridge was a tear-jerker) but he doesn’t call for change until the final chorus and asks that people stay strong in the last line of the second verse and touches on it at the end of the third verse as well, but mostly seemed like an afterthought. He also never explains how or why you should seek help if you’re experiencing suicidal thoughts, simply says to be strong.

Losing my ground – Goodbye (I’m Sorry) - Jamestown Story

• Element - 8.5 - Oh my god, this song is so raw and emotional, especially coming from the perspective of the broken individual. Unfortunately there was not much in the way of positive emotions/overcoming as we hoped, but you did get the awareness aspect across quite well in the bridge so I bumped your score up. Solid choice.
  • rl231 - 8 - I’m honestly unsure and feel the same way I did with Citrus’ song in that both hit the themes of suicide awareness, but one doesn’t go deeper and the other one gives in to the suicidal thoughts.
  • URBAN - 8.5 - He talks about his journey, what he’s going through, but unfortunately he doesn’t seem to overcome his struggles and gives into his suicidal thoughts, accepting his fate. Although he doesn’t seek help in this narrative, he does see hope for others and encourages the listening audience to seek it for themselves or someone else by providing the suicide prevention hotline number.
  • T-Swizz - 8 - I was not expecting that! For the most part, it sounded like a suicide letter until the final chorus where he states the suicide hotline number and shows how prevalent suicide is in our society (Every 18 minutes somebody dies from a suicide Every 43 seconds, somebody attempts one). I wish he had expanded on it a bit and been more optimistic towards the end but I’m glad he provided listeners with a resource. Solid entry.

K$Ellie – Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne

• Element - 5 - There are ELEMENTS (see what I did there?) to this song that touch upon the theme, but ultimately it comes across as a very generic choice for the round. There is not a direct reference to a suicidal situation, although some could interpret the lyrics as such.
  • rl231 - 4.5 - I feel like this song works for the round...ish. It can really be applicable to any dire situation because it’s essentially about being there for someone in need. However, it’s not as connected to the round.
  • URBAN - 4 - The song is not really about suicide awareness. Yes the message is to keep holding on, and not to give up, but it can be applied to any situation. There isn’t much development or details pertaining to the person’s struggles, what they’re going through, or how they’re overcoming it.
  • T-Swizz - 4 - The simplicity of this song (lyrically) conveys a much deeper sorrow within her. I wish she made it a bit more personal and talked about resources available to those who are struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts. This definitely focused more on the optimistic side of things, which isn’t a bad thing, but I was just hoping for a more balanced approach to the subject.

Mariah4life – Work in Progress (Growing Pains) - Mary J. Blige

• Element - 4 - This one skirts around the theme and while there are some suggestions about depression and not being self-assured, it doesn’t delve into suicidal aspects. As far as awareness goes, I guess you could say that she is demonstrating awareness that everyone (including those we idolize) struggle, but it’s not strong for this round.
  • rl231 - 4 - I’m a sucker for Mary J. Blige, but this song...doesn’t work for the round. It highlights the struggles that Mary is going through and how we’re all just works in progress
  • URBAN - 4  - Another entry that’s not about suicide prevention. Yes she’s offering words of hope and encouragement to the listener, letting them know that like them, she’s a work in progress, but again this can be applied to any situation.
  • T-Swizz - 4 - This doesn’t really touch on suicide but it does mention depression through hard times (which I think is pretty universal) but it’s lacking A LOT. There’s not much optimism, nothing about seeking help, and never explicitly states why she gets depressed. Overall, a pretty generic song.

Loveyoubxtch – I’ll Find You - Lecrae & Tori Kelly

• Element - 7.5 - There are some lines of this song that could reference suicidal thoughts, but I definitely got the sense that there were other battles being faced instead. The descriptive lines about pain and death strengthen your entry though! I do think the song demonstrates a strong balance between the two narrators - one represents the struggle/broken person, while the other represents hope. It’s a solid dichotomy. 
  • rl231 - 7.5 - So...this isn’t about suicide. It can be APPLIED to suicide, but this screams more sick family member and telling them to “hold on,” rather than someone trying to commit suicide. Lecrae is super vivid in his lyricism, so that’s definitely in your favor here.
  • URBAN - 8 - I love that he’s relating his experiences to his listeners, i.e when he says: “I’m smilin' in everyone's face, I'm cryin' whenever they leave the room, they don't know the battle I face, hey don't understand what I'm going through”; this is definitely a thought that crosses the mind of anyone contemplating suicide. He openly discusses his struggles and how fights to overcome them day by day, while Tori adds that beacon of hope, that light at the other side of the tunnel. Although not directly about suicide awareness, as a listener, I definitely felt hopeful.
  • T-Swizz - 8 - I think a duet or feature this round is probably the best way to ensure you cover all the elements that the prompt asks for. Tori Kelly’s chorus serves as encouragement for those on the brink of suicide while Lecrae delves into his inner-battles and struggles from a place of desperation and vulnerability. Personifying fear, pain, and death as home intruders was genius and helps convey how dangerous suicidal thoughts can be to those who may have never experienced it.

Cofresí

2DJ6L77.png

MusicLoverDude – By The Grace of God - Katy Perry

• Element - 9 - This was definitely one of the most obvious/known choices you could have gone for this round, and I think it balances pretty much everything we were looking for except for the direct emphasis on looking for help. It lays out the suicidal thoughts, shows that she overcame them, and addresses both the positive and negative tones to the discussion well.
  • rl231 - 9 - I feel like this hit all the themes in the round pretty perfectly. The only thing it was missing was just the seeking help part, but this song was definitely a range of emotions.
  • URBAN - 8 - Had to listen to the song twice to fully grasp the fact the she was indeed having suicidal thoughts. At first it seemed to be more of her battling her depression caused by heartbreak, but the ending verse allowed me grasp the fact that she was on the verge of taking her life away. Hit all the marks, except seeking help. She seems to be telling the audience that faith is what can essentially save them, but not every listener is religious.
  • T-Swizz - 7 - Katy candidly speaks about how devastated she was from her divorce and how thoughts of ending it all started to seep through. Katy battling against her suicidal thoughts whilst on the bathroom floor is an image I never thought I’d expect to see, but it only goes to show how little we truly know about celebrities. Although I’m not religious myself, I can appreciate and respect how one utilizes spirituality as a source of strength and happiness. I was hoping she’s be a bit more explicit about her thoughts but I guess there’s only so much you can reveal about yourself once you reach a certain level.

PoKiTaurus – Tragedy + Time - Rise Against

• Element - 8 - I wish that this song was a little more direct in its message - at times, it felt bogged down with unnecessary words, but I definitely did witness both the suicidal thrads as well as the hopeful aspect in this. There are a few moments in the song that seem to reference a relationship ending too, so that made me a little hesitant here, but overall it works.
  • rl231 - 7.5 - Again, this song is really tricky. It definitely has a balanced message, but I feel like it could’ve been more direct in its suicide awareness messaging. That’s just me though.
  • URBAN - 8 -  Definitely deals with suicide awareness and the struggles of life. The song even offers support for those undergoing suicidal thoughts, the message of hope/optimism is there. The only thing that’s lacking is a backstory on the person having these thoughts and how they overcame their struggles.
  • T-Swizz -  9 - This does an excellent job of keeping the topic balanced.The narrator describes the lonely nights in which you’re consumed with sadness and depression but almost immediately counters it with an anti-suicide message.  Lead vocal and backing vocal come together to show that the whole band has passed through tragedies and awful experiences, but the final message is that, despite all the hurt everybody goes through, we all can be happy again, if we stick around and make an effort.

Aciid – A Little Work - Fergie

• Element - 7 - Unlike my colleagues below, I think that this song is actually a solid choice. While it could have been more direct with suicidal references, I feel as if the depressive tendencies and addiction to medication definitely set the tone in that direction. The second verse blurs it a little bit since it opens the interpretation to other struggles. But there is that positive undertone of rising up to the call, as well as seeking help when it’s needed. There is an awareness here that everyone is susceptible to this problem, and that it’s okay to speak up since we all need a little work.
  • rl231 - 4- It’s a good song, but I don’t think it truly fits with the round, except for maybe a couple of lines.
  • URBAN - 5 - Doesn’t really go with the theme outside of a few lines. It’s mostly based on her addiction, but it does touch on her seeking help.
  • T-Swizz - 3 -  This song seemed to be more about substance abuse than contemplating suicide. She never really says that taking her own life was an option, seemed more like a self-empowerment anthem. However, this does mention seeking help and being a bit more optimistic about life.

Kathlen – I Believe - Christina Perri

• Element - 5.5 - “Cause I have been where you are before / And I have felt the pain of losing who you are / And I have died so many times, but I am still alive” was the only section that tied things together for me. It definitely could have been more direct, but there are glimmers of hope and survival in there. I do like how she is kind of positioning herself as an ally who has been through the same struggles - are they completely suicidal? It could be up for interpretation.
  • rl231 - 6.5 - I do believe that, on a surface level, this song works. Does it hit all the points of the round though? That would be negatory.
  • URBAN - 6 - This song is mostly about finding hope during a dark time. Offers words of encouragement and hope, but doesn’t necessarily stress or mention seeking help. She also doesn’t really mention her struggles, whether she’s having suicidal thoughts, and mostly she focuses on telling the listener to remain optimistic which is not bad, but we required more for this round.
  • T-Swizz - 5 - This alludes to suicidal thoughts and inner-conflict but doesn’t explicitly state it anywhere in the song. I appreciate how it puts an optimistic spin on such a dark topic but it was a bit too vague (in every aspect).

Fruity – I Didn’t Know My Own Strength - Whitney Houston

• Element - 4.5 - There are some moments here that work, but it ultimately becomes a bit repetitive and doesn’t really touch into seeking help. I don’t get the sense that her darkest hour was suicidal either.
  • rl231 - 4.5 - I can see where you were coming with for this song, but at its pure core, it’s not about suicide, definitely bad thoughts, but not thinking about going forward with committing suicide.
  • URBAN - 4.5 - A classic, and although empowering, it’s not about suicide.
  • T-Swizz - 3 - Similar to Aciid’s entry in that the darkness seemed to stem from drug addiction and any life-threatening situations wasn’t necessarily due to suicidal thoughts but merely being careless with substance abuse. It’s very empowering and shows that her faith is what kept her alive, but I didn’t feel like it had much, if anything, to do with suicide.

Rhisiart – Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park

• Element - 5 - This song is obviously even more poignant now than it was… I don’t really get the sense of suicide here, but there is the sense of standing up and seeking help, so it’s not a total misfire.
  • rl231 - 4.5 - I wasn’t even a ginormous fan of Linkin Park, and I still can’t listen to a song of theirs because it’s just heartbreaking now. With this song, the title is literally talking about breaking the habit of substance abuse, which isn’t the theme of the round. There are definitely areas in which there is mental health, but the song doesn’t really delve into it as deeply as I’d like.
  • URBAN - 5 - This song is more about overcoming a drug addiction. A journey is depicted, and he plans on breaking this habit (addiction), but it wasn’t really a reference to this round’s theme of suicide awareness.
  • T-Swizz - 5 - I’m not sure why, but the majority of your tribe interpreted this prompt to be about drug addiction, which is completely fine if it’s coupled with suicidal thoughts, but most of these entries never go down that avenue. Mental health IS touched upon in this particular song and details the emotional distress the narrator seems to be experiencing so I give you a bit more credit.

Lucky#17 – Lullaby - Nickelback

• Element - 9.5 - Great choice!
  • rl231 - 10 - Shook.
  • URBAN - 9.5 - It definitely hits the marks, so kudos to you.
  • T-Swizz - 9 -  This touches on depression, abandonment, going through a series of trials and tribulations and finally reaching out for help. Good job!

Final Results coming up.

lB6xNDR.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Alcantra

1. Marvin - - IMMUNE
2. wesleywalrus
3. talent - 6.3

4. Riri. - 6.1

Lussan
1. Citrus - 8.4 - IMMUNE

2. Losing my ground - 8.2
3. Loveyoubxtch - 7.8

4. K$Ellie - 4.4

5. Mariah4life - 4.0

6. Alena - 1.0

Cofresí
1. Lucky#17 - 9.5 - IMMUNE

2. MusicLoverDude - 8.3

3. PoKiTaurus - 8.1

4. Kathlen - 5.8

5. Rhisiart - 4.9

6. Aciid - 4.8

7. Fruity - 4.1

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall Rank:

1. Marvin - 9.8 (+14)

2. Lucky#17 - 9.5 (+14)
3. Citrus - 8.4 (+2)
3. wesleywalrus - 8.4 (+15)
5. MusicLoverDude - 8.3 (+12)
6. Losing my ground - 8.2 (-5)
7. PoKiTaurus - 8.1 (-4)
8. Loveyoubxtch - 7.8 (-4)
9. talent - 6.3 (+3)
10. Riri. - 6.1 (-3)
11. Kathlen - 5.8 (-1)
12. Rhisiart - 4.9 (+1)
13. Aciid -  4.8 (-4)

14. K$Ellie - 4.4 (-3)
15. Fruity - 4.1 (-9)
16. Mariah4life - 4.0 (-9)
17. Alena - 1.0 (-16)

***TIED FOR LOWEST SCORE EVER***

Average Rank (through R7):

1. Losing my ground - 8.67

2. Loveyoubxtch - 8.20

3. Citrus - 8.09

4. Fruity - 8.07

5. Riri. - 7.98

6. Mariah4life - 7.96

7. PoKiTaurus - 7.93

8. Kathlen - 7.88

9. wesleywalrus - 7.79

10. Lucky#17 - 7.71

11. Rhisiart - 7.61

12. Aciid - 7.38

13. Marvin - 7.33

14. MusicLoverDude - 7.20

15. K$Ellie - 7.00

16. Alena - 6.96

17. talent - 6.86

18. Speezy - 8.33

19. Buddy! - 8.53

20. Taeyeon - 8.46

21. Kylie Jenner - 7.48

22. Queen Conchita - 6.92
23. Guero - 6.88
24. Tsareena - 6.31
25. Scotty - 4.79
26. Fa1x Intelectual - 2.8
27. AlexaVon - 1.8

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round?

Click the spoiler to find out!

Spoiler

Coming in 1st place this round is...

Tribe Alcantra with an average of 7.63. 

HbVdSGCbgNswl4fKaOUxUSr0QgV00QEhBoNFSB57_aWkhPhG5gix-BcC-dmlU9XDI-YvPh1gflJMqJO3inUXZWxbAFrFFPe-TOIr7Elt_YOj0SGfQn3hG_8A64O8xYgVdA

Congratulations! You are all safe.

Coming in 2nd place is...

Tribe Cofresí with an average of 6.48.

2DJ6L77.png

Congratulations, you are all safe as well!

Which means, Tribe Lussan, with an average of 5.61, you are heading to tribal council. 

Lussan - One of you will become the eighth eliminated castaway after this Tribal Council. When you are ready, PM the SURVIVOR chat that has Element and rl231 with the name of the person you want eliminated from your tribe. Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software (available online or to download)! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 10 PM EST on Tuesday, October 17th. Remember, Citrus is immune from elimination on your tribe.

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone.

Edited by rl231

mess...

tragic. bye world

Edited by Mariah4life

Sneakernight who