Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Citrus said:

Stop talking about dicks and post results

13542de7fd.gif

Let me edit my score

Just now, Citrus said:

Stop talking about dicks and post results

13542de7fd.gif

He's the only judge left.

You didn't hear this from me though.

13542de7fd.gif

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, T-Swizz said:

Is @PoKiTaurus even online :rip:

LAST VISITED

15 minutes ago

both of them better be online for this speed round or im rihporting!

Just now, PoKiTaurus said:

Oh yeah I'm online :celestial6:

not for long 

plug-in-a-power-cord.jpg

Just now, T-Swizz said:

the one who willingly chose to leave?

OT: bring back @Mariah4life

he got a BAD producer edit and that's the truth! 

• ATRL Moderator

XxdEBFu.png

Welcome castaways to your 9th results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into a tribe average which will determine which tribes are losing a member.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked on your tribe, against all castaways, and finally the overall tribe rankings this round. 

The lowest averaging tribe will be headed to Tribal Council where they will vote off one member, who will become the 13th eliminated player of the season.

With that said, here are the scores…

Alcantra

HbVdSGCbgNswl4fKaOUxUSr0QgV00QEhBoNFSB57_aWkhPhG5gix-BcC-dmlU9XDI-YvPh1gflJMqJO3inUXZWxbAFrFFPe-TOIr7Elt_YOj0SGfQn3hG_8A64O8xYgVdA

Loveyoubxtch - Jessica - World of Dreams (English version)

• Element - 7.5 - This song is so bad. The melody and background are very dreamy (if not a little over the top) so that works. Lyrically, it has its moments. She is definitely heading into a world of imagination and another realm away from reality. However, I don’t feel like I’m on a journey to anywhere except a creepy furniture store that has Care Bears taxidermy on the walls, and makes its advertisements with graphic design software from 1997.

• rl231 - 7.5 - I mean, it’s pretty airy, but the lyrics are super duper lacking, even if they work in a way.

• T-Swizz - 8 - Melodically this is exactly what we were looking for: ethereal, airy, dreamy, and paradisiacal vibes. However, lyrics such as “sun goes down and waves goodbye” seem a bit rudimentary and awkwardly placed throughout the song. Other than that minor complaint, this was a solid choice. I’ve never heard of this artist before and definitely won’t be checking her out after this!

• URBAN - 7 - Cute melody, average lyrics.

K$Ellie - Owl City - Fireflies

• Element - 10 - This is flaw-free! (Also I agree with URBAN’s comment)

• rl231 - 10 - This song got annoying for me through the years, but it works absolutely perfectly, so well done!

• T-Swizz - 10 -  This is one of the more creative choices (lyrically-speaking). It utilizes an illuminating metaphor (wink wink) for someone battling insomnia and approaches this round from an interesting angle. The bleepy synthline along with distorted backup vocals and euphoric lyrics form a stimulating visual imagery that creates a surprisingly cohesive product . You incorporated almost every element described within the prompt, even the title! Good Job.

• URBAN - 10 - I didn’t even have to listen to the song, that’s how good of an entry this was.

Losing my ground - Pure Imagination - Josh Groban

• Element - 7.5 - Everyone wanted to SNATCH this song so kudos to you for getting it first… did you send the best version of it? I really am not sure bc I don’t know all of the other versions lol. Lyrically, obviously this fits the theme pretty flawlessly. I think that the production is not TERRIBLE, but it definitely doesn’t have the airy/ethereal vibe I was hoping for. It’s too rich and layered. I will say that Josh Groban always makes me think of Christmas so that does put me in the imaginative frame of mind, so that’s a plus!

• rl231 - 7 - The amount that I wanted to give you a 10 on this was insane because, lyrically, this WORKS. The song is absolutely incredible...but that’s the original. Groban kind of strips away the whimsy and dreaminess of the song with his voice, which is why you’re getting a 7.

• T-Swizz - 6 - I am in no way trying to discredit Josh Groban’s vocal ability or technique, but personally speaking, his darker/masculine(sexisme!) vocal tone seems more distracting than it does fitting. Not to mention, we were looking for something a bit more airy/dreamy (as stated in the prompt). It’s fine that you decided to take a more classical approach, but the lyrics and production seemed a bit too generic and at times teeters along the line of a second-rate Disney soundtrack (minus the personality).

• URBAN - 9 - I disagree with RL and T-Jizz honey, his voice is not as silky as I wanted it to be, but it still made me feel as if I was dreaming. Kudos to you.

MusicLoverDude - Rachel Platten - Astronauts

• Element - 6 - This one is like…. Just generic electro-pop production. The only dreamy part to me is the slight distortion in the bridge. There isn’t anything else that stands out to me to bolster your score this round. Lyrically, it’s okay but could have delved deeper into imagination specifically.

• rl231 - 6.5 - This producer has done so much better on his tracks smh. I think lyrically, it works pretty well, but your downfall is the production. It’s way too loud for this round and needs to have this lilting quality that it, alas, doesn’t have.

• T-Swizz - 6 - I had to listen to this multiple times because I was in disbelief at how atrocious the production was initially, but, like a rash, it grew one me. Lyrically, this suffers from same downfall as loveyoubxtch’s entry, it’s ridiculously tacky! But I had to suspend all disbelief for the sake of being objective and think if I could relate to this in any sense if I too were a tired hag in her mid-30s desperately seeking approval and I suppose certain elements of it made sense.   

• URBAN - 5.5 - This is just bad boo, especially when that beat picks up. I can see how the lyrics may be fitting, but it’s way too upbeat. Maybe if I was in a molly induced dream, but this issaNO.

Kathlen - Genki Rockets - Heavenly Star

• Element - 5 - You’re paying for my eardrum surgery. I don’t want to take this journey. I want to run away - far and fast. Faster than Dylan chasing after a hot dog vendor. There are some lyrics that hit the theme in my opinion - “dive into the sky, let’s get away, fly away, I found the path to paradise, shining spiral of gold” but it just doesn’t paint the picture of an ethereal paradise.

• rl231 - 5 - Meh. It’s all just so meh, lyrically and sonically.

• T-Swizz - 4 - I was listening to this on my way home from a late night study session and I instantly had a throbbing headache and was forced to endure it for the rest of of the car-ride so thanks for that. Production-wise you completely missed the mark,  and the  random auto tune was completely unnecessary. The sole redeeming factor about this was the lyrics, which in all honesty, weren’t even that great, as they seemed a bit repetitive and generic.

• URBAN - 3 - Rebecca Black, is that you? Sis, this is ****ing messy. Like, no, no, no. It’s very loud and got annoying pretty fast.

Fruity - Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland

• Element - 10 - This entry brought to you by Skittles! (they need to put lime back in the pack over green apple tho)

• rl231 - 10 - Perfection and an obvious choice.

• T-Swizz - 10 - This was named the defining song of the 20th century for a reason!  

• URBAN - 10 - I’d be stupid if I gave this anything less than a 10. Lyrics are there, melody is there, the visual representation is there. Everything is there, I was on that ****ing rainbow, I was there bitch yes the **** I was.

Here are Marvin and Poki's scores again, for reference:

Spoiler

PoKiTaurus - Aladdin - A Whole New World

• Element - 9.5 - Okay, so I’m going to try to go as in-depth as possible with my critique because of how close you and Marvin are this round. I’ve listened to both the full version of this song, as well as the instrumental only. Sonically, I really like the instrumental and it is pretty aligned with what I was hoping for. The wind instruments and piano are really strong, and there are aspects that shimmer and sparkle in the background. Jasmine’s voice works, while Aladdin’s voice drags it down for me. Do I feel as if I have taken a journey listening to this song? Yes. I feel emotionally drawn into the excitement and hope of going into a new realm with them. Now, looking into the lyrics… The first verse uses words that are very apropos for the challenge - shining, shimmering, wonder, etc. He is taking her away from reality, and they are literally going up into the clouds to get lost in a new mindset - it makes you wonder if the whole thing is in fact a dream tbh. The second verse underscores the freedom of this experience, while the final choruses are embellished with dreamy ad-libs -- surprises, red-letter moments, shooting stars. All of the adjectives and descriptions in this song make me think sky, imagination, and a dreamscape. The supporting visual imagery is really good. All of this being said, I think the only drawback to this entry is Aladdin’s voice.

• rl231 - 7.5 - So I think lyrically, this works incredibly well, except for the romantic part of it all. Sound-wise, I was wanting more from it. I didn’t feel this airiness from the song’s sound that I was truly wanting from this entry as lyrically great as it was, hence the score. The other issue was Aladdin’s voice, which like Pure Imagination (but not as harsh, even though it’s nasally - thanks American Idol for making me recognize nasally voices) dragged it down a tad. (Score ref: Lyrics = 4.5 + Sound = 3 --> 7.5)

• T-Swizz - 10 - I’m a huge Disney stan so I was hoping someone would submit this. It’s a beautiful Academy Award Winning ballad (Poor GutGa) that vividly details the adventure of a magic carpet ride. I was initially lukewarm towards the production, but when I started envisioning my ideal melody over the lyrics, it didn’t quite fit as well. Regardless they did a great job of ensuring this was a cohesive and creative body of work. I expect no less from Disney!

• URBAN - 9 - Fitting song, but Jasmine’s voice >>>> than Aladdin’s. She took me there, he didn’t do much for me tbh. I wish you submitted the version by The Magic of voices! In that version, there’s a choir who beautifully compliments the song. Go listen to it and get your life!

Marvin - Paperwhite - Wanderlust

• Element - 9.5 - Okay, so I’m going to try to go as in-depth as possible with my critique because of how close you and PoKiTaurus are this round. From a sonic perspective, this is a song that I think I could fall asleep to and like it would put me into a dreamy mentality. It has a very ethereal, other-worldly quality that was kind of what I envisioned when I wrote the description for this challenge. The singer’s voice is very airy too, so that works in your favor. Now switching gears into the lyrics, I think that the chorus is succinct but pretty perfect. Wanderlust and imagination has consumed her entire being, and she wants to wake up in that state of dreaming (buy electra heart on itunes). The pre-chorus is pretty good too, but the lines about trust and love are weaker than the lines about feeling the rush and having their heads up in the clouds. She says that imagination and dreaming is their calling and that they don’t want to go back to reality. God, this entry is so good for this round too minus one or two weaker lyrical lines. I got a lot of visual imagery too, so I’m really at a loss here as to which one of you and PoKi was better.

• rl231 - 10 - I think this song actually fits the round pretty perfectly and is very HAIM-ish (maybe it’s because the vocalists sound similar). I feel like I’m in the clouds with this song, so awesome job! (Score ref: Lyrics = 5 + Sound = 5 --> 10)

• T-Swizz - 8 - I think you focused a bit too much on sound here. LInes like “We'll follow the love, follow the love, temptation” convolutes the narrative a bit. I think you captured the essence of this round the best production-wise, but the lyrics are your only downfall.

• URBAN - 8.5 - Sound wise, it’s a bit intricate a parts. Lyrics are definitely thought inducing. It got a bit too loud for lack of a better word at times during the chorus, but the verses were great. After a second listen I def see why you went with this entry, the lyrics are very strong.

Lussan

GmQ0kXx.png

wesleywalrus - Kokomo - The Beach Boys

• Element - 3 - I mean, I guess you went for “paradise” in a bit of a different manner. But this is completely off base lol. Definitely one of the worst entries of the season.

• rl231 - 4 - Fun fact: The Beach Boys were the second concert I’ve ever been to (the first one was American Idol season 5...I’ve come a long way). ANYWAYS, this was definitely a different entry than I was expecting for this round. I don’t think it necessarily fits for the round because as ~breezy~ as it is, it’s not airy. Is it dreamy? Meh, kinda but not really either.

• T-Swizz - 3 - This definitely feels more geared towards vacationing than blissfully losing yourself in the clouds. The production is fun and festive (summer anthem) but i don’t see how it relates to the topic besides the fact that it touches upon elements of escapism.

• URBAN - 2 - Dream, not vacation henny.

Riri. - Where Butterflies Never Die - Broken Iris

• Element - 6 - The lyrics are pretty strong, but h u n n y this production is not on point for the theme. I felt Hades calling me.

• rl231 - 6 - Lyrics...good. Production...oh god no.

• T-Swizz - 6 - The lyrics and vocals were on point but the production was way too heavy.

• URBAN - 5.5 - Isn’t the name of the song “Where Butterflies Never Die”? Why would you submit this? It felt so dark. The lyrics are there but it took me to a dark place due to the production, it actually felt more like a nightmare.         

talent - Heart - These Dreams

• Element - 9 - I love this song, and totally didn’t think of it for the round. But it works quite well for the theme, both lyrically and sonically. Good job!

• rl231 - 9 - This was very interesting but was definitely “airy” and “dreamy”. I think lyrically, it was near perfect, so well done!

• T-Swizz - 8 - The track is fitting production-wise, very ethereal. This is definitely one of the more detailed set of lyrics. However, the intention here isn’t clear, and there seems to be ominous undertones that allude to some sort of drug-related experience (couldn’t tell you which drug, that’s Dylan’s expertise).

• URBAN - 9 - I liked this! Felt like I was high, but felt like a dream song.

Citrus - Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy

• Element - 7 - Lyrically, this is great. The disco sound barely works though.

• rl231 - 7.5 - I do think lyrically, this works pretty well. Sound-wise, it’s OKAY. The disco and saxophones definitely throws me off, but the lead’s voice is falsetto, so it kinda works in a dreamy way.

• T-Swizz - 6.5 - Disco and funk have no place being here! This is a ethereal ballads ONLY zone.  

• URBAN - 7 - Lyrics are a yay, production is a nay for the most part. It didn’t feel as dreamy, or as silky smooth like some of the other entries boo.

Alena - Peter Pan - You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!

• Element - 3 - cacophony: /kəˈkäfənē/ - noun - a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds. In other news, I didn’t know T-Swizz was a background vocalist for Peter Pan!! Woof woof! This production is such a disaster for this round bb. It has some decent lyrics about going to Neverland and stuff but you could have done a lot better :(

• rl231 - 3.5 - A classic, for sure. However, I’m not sure if this song works for the round at all, except for the lyrics slightly. The instrumentation kinda ruins the song with the dialogue and the random noises. The orchestra definitely doesn’t help either.

• T-Swizz - 3 - There is way too much dialogue here. The quartet jumping in out of nowhere along with the noisy production (dog barking...really?) worked against you as well.

• URBAN - 2.5 - Why did you submit this? They’re talking way too much ****. IssaNO.

Lucky#17 - Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise

• Element - 5 - There are some references to paradise/wonderland, but it doesn’t really feel like a journey in one’s imagination. The sound is not what I would have hoped for either.

• rl231 - 6 - On a very slight slight level, it works. But slight slight =/= great scores.

• T-Swizz - 5 - This is a lovers' duet and describes the transcendent feelings that love brings to their surroundings, nothing more, nothing less.

• URBAN - 5.5 - No need to repeat what everyone else already said, issaNO.

Rhisiart - Cinderella - In My Own Little Corner

• Element - 8 - This was a different approach to theme, and it wasn’t bad actually. It was more of a narrative of her imagination and I do kind of feel like I took the visual journey with her. It had some magical elements to it, as well. Pretty solid choice IMO!

• rl231 - 7.5 - You like your musicals, don’t you?! I do think the song mostly works because it’s pretty dreamy, but the production is...not as airy as I would’ve liked.

• T-Swizz - 7 - You feel as if you’ve been lifted into a dreamscape and embarked on this magical journey with Brandy in the driver’s seat (could also double as a halloween/horror submission). The production was a bit lacking but still a decent choice.

• URBAN - 7.5 - A good choice, but just that, good.

Aciid - Kylie Minogue - Dreams

• Element - 8 - The lyrics could have been a bit more focused on imagination and letting the listener into her mindset, but the production is solid. I think this was a good, but not great entry. (Kylie’s style of music is definitely ethereal so it was smart to look at her catalogue IMO)

• rl231 - 8 - Nice job! Is it perfect for the round? Almost kinda. I think this entry was teetering on greatness, but needed something more in both the lyrics and production.

• T-Swizz -  8 - Melodically this is perfect, lyrics are a bit mediocre.

• URBAN - 8.5 - It’s missing more depth with the lyrics, but sonically it’s great.

Final Results coming up.

1 minute ago, T-Swizz said:

K-Pop speed round! 

S7tstCR.gif

Just noticed Tiffany dropped out your sig in the last few days :eek:

The brutality :eek:

FJl5GFI.gif 

This is my fight song, take back my life song 

kfc4lyl.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Alcantra

1. K$Ellie - 10.0 - IMMUNE
2. Fruity - 10.0 - IMMUNE
3. Marvin - 9.0

3. PoKiTaurus - 9.0

5. Loveyoubxtch - 7.5

6. Losing my ground - 7.4

7. MusicLoverDude - 6.0

8. Kathlen - 4.3

Lussan
1. talent - 8.8 - IMMUNE

2. Aciid - 8.1
3. Rhisiart - 7.5

4. Citrus - 7.0

5. Riri. - 5.9

6. Lucky#17 - 5.4

7. Alena - 3.0

7. wesleywalrus - 3.0

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall Rank:

1. K$Ellie - 10.0 (+4)

1. Fruity - 10.0 (+9)

3. PoKiTaurus - 9.0 (+7)

3. Marvin - 9.0 (+3)

5. talent - 8.8 (+5)

6. Aciid -  8.1 (+7)

7. Loveyoubxtch - 7.5 (+1)

7. Rhisiart - 7.5 (-1)

9. Losing my ground - 7.4 (-6)

10. Citrus - 7.0 (+2)

11. MusicLoverDude - 6.0 (+1)
12. Riri. - 5.9 (-8)

13. Lucky#17 - 5.4 (-12)

14. Kathlen - 4.3 (+2)
15. wesleywalrus - 3.0 (=)
15. Alena - 3.0 (-13)

Average Rank (through R9):

1. Losing my ground - 8.57

2. Fruity - 8.21

3. Loveyoubxtch - 8.05

4. PoKiTaurus - 8.00

5. Citrus - 7.87

6. Riri. - 7.86

7. Lucky#17 - 7.66

8. Rhisiart - 7.65

9. Marvin - 7.60

10. K$Ellie - 7.50

11. Aciid - 7.37

12. Kathlen - 7.26

13. talent - 7.13

14. wesleywalrus - 7.09

15. MusicLoverDude - 7.00

16. Alena - 6.81

17. Mariah4life - 7.96

18. Speezy - 8.33

19. Buddy! - 8.53

20. Taeyeon - 8.46

21. Kylie Jenner - 7.48

22. Queen Conchita - 6.92
23. Guero - 6.88
24. Tsareena - 6.31
25. Scotty - 4.79
26. Fa1x Intelectual - 2.8
27. AlexaVon - 1.8

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round?

Click the spoiler to find out!

Spoiler

Coming in 1st place this round is...

Tribe Alcantra with an average of 7.73. 

clc7JYVoc0fnShp_rlP58UIaYFWZ83m6-Xx_0YZTMJx03hwPAD8MkHOBl_BMwAynq6f7oyFkKdxlWdX8yDlCg2sFMV0vA8J2B4d1j4_JkCFNdzExyI-wpQ1qox0-GWYmFGPEIej_

Congratulations! You are all safe.

Which means, Tribe Lussan, with an average of 6.08, you are heading to tribal council. 

Lussan - One of you will become the eleventh eliminated castaway after this Tribal Council. When you are ready, PM the SURVIVOR chat that has Element and rl231 with the name of the person you want eliminated from your tribe. Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software (available online or to download)! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 6 PM EST on Wednesday, October 24th. Remember, talent is immune from elimination on your tribe.

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone.

Edited by rl231

• ATRL Moderator

Next round's example song

• ATRL Moderator

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is GENIUS. Wow :clap3:And slay @K$Ellie with that creative entry :clap3:

Alcantra coming through :gaycat4: