Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, FunkyDinevo said:

I hope he's not driving 45 mins for some "daddy" ****!

so I went to Temecula which is like 50 minutes away to hang out with this guy im talking to 

I said I was at my friends house who lives like a couple streets away 

I drive there and everythings good

I get there and he gets in my car and I try to start my engine and it wont start 

so he helps me with jumper cables but they don't work and we get this random neighbor to help us but after like an hour he basically tells me im ****ed

so I decide to say goodbye and drive as far as I can so at least when I get caught im not parked by a strangers house

so I make up this master plan cause im a ****ing good ass liar 

but the only problem is they checked to see if I was at my friends house which I wasn't obviously so my plan was screwed

so I freak out for awhile then get my self together to rat myself out so my dad can come pick me up 

my moms like WHAT THE **** DID YOU DO WHERE ARE YOU

so anyway I wait in a jack in the box where my car was dead and my dad comes in like an hour to pick me up

so we go home and me and my mom fight for like 456 hours 

anyway I knew I was going to get my phone snatched so I deleted everything I thought could get me in trouble beforehand but the next morning I wake up and my mom shows me a pic I took of me in the old guys bed and I'm like  WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO SEMI GOOD PEOPLE 

of course I lied and said it was my ex boyfriends bed because I mean would you rather get busted for an 18 year old or an old ass man ? 

so yeah they took my phone license computer and old android phone

I had stashed an ipod and was texting ethan and nicole<3<3 but then they found that too
'
so yeah that's my life right now 

I'm trying to be good so they give me something back soon cause 1. I'm a 16 year old kid I can't function without them and
2. this game is finishing no matter what 

so anyway, yeah if you guys could PM your entries to ethan i'll have him post them 

I'm going to pm ethan and Nicole how to judge real fast and then I'm gonna go before I get caught yet AGAIN

#freedillonatrl2014 #badbitchcentralcheckmycredentials

@Dylan'

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAOOO the fact season 3 went on hiatus bc of my dick drive >>>>> 

36 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

LMAOOO the fact season 3 went on hiatus bc of my dick drive >>>>> 

FUN TIMES, DUDE. FUN. TIMES.

7 hours ago, Dylan' said:

Congrats :heart2:  Said little bitch you can’t **** with rl. 

Was just singing that, but thanks!

7 hours ago, Kathlen♡ said:

Congrats

confetti-clipart-animated-gif-8.gif

7 hours ago, Element said:

Congrats!!! 

6 hours ago, Aciid said:

Congrats :hug: 

5 hours ago, Rhisiart said:

Omg, congratulations! :hughard:

36 minutes ago, thecptz said:

congrats @rl231 @Dylan' :heart2:

THANKS Y'ALL! I'm v drunk rn, so...issa fun time

19 hours ago, FunkyDinevo said:

I just wanted to come in here and ask why that bottom bitch Dylan a'int hosting.

Hey girl 

10 hours ago, Citrus said:

Congrats Rell :heart2: 

Thank you!

Also, results are coming

• ATRL Moderator

While we wait for me to format

• ATRL Moderator

um wtf where'd my post go

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Aciid said:

:jonny5: 

Thank you so much. 

how can u still see the post??? lksdjalskdj i can't see it anymore

Just now, Aciid said:

:jonny5: 

Thank you so much. 

Wait, you see something?

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, rl231 said:

Wait, you see something?

i posted it and then "hid" it because it formatted weird with spoilers

Just now, rl231 said:

Wait, you see something?

Mess I saw everything :ahh: 

The format was just off but I could open everything. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Aciid said:

Mess I saw everything :ahh: 

The format was just off but I could open everything. 

The content was all final but the formatting was A MESS 

I don't know how to get it back :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator
Spoiler

T-Swizz - Marvin

1. Artist Name + Album Title - 1/2 Point
2. Your Name - 1/2 Point
3. Album Cover - 1 Point
4. Mention Every Track - 1 Point
5. Hits & Misses - 1 Point
6. An Overall Rating - 1 Point

= 5/5 Points

This was one of my favorite albums from this year so I had high expectations. However, this was very disappointing, especially when it was your final challenge! Your critiques were minimal and didn't explore the sounds or lyrics in too much depth. I also disagree with most of your rankings as they seem a bit misguided and you don't give much reasoning besides phrases like "biggest hit potential" which you reserved for your favorite track on the album :rip:. Also, the comparison to other pop girls didn't really seem appropriate in this particular context. Finally, the introduction and album overview should've been a bit more detailed as it left much to be desired.   

= 1.5/5 Points

Total: 6.5/10 Points

T-Swizz - Kathlen

2. Your Name - 1/2 Point
3. Album Cover - 1 Point

= 5/5 Points

This seemed like more of a summary of the album as opposed to a review. I would've loved it if your opinions were more present throughout this review. You also decided to throw in chart positions and commercial performance out of no where which made it seem a bit disjointed as you didn't properly bridge it for the reader. I enjoyed that you decided to explore the sounds in a bit more detail in comparison to others. Your critique of the final two tracks should've been how you structured your entire album review. I wish your overview also expanded upon the concept behind this album.  

= 2/5 Points

Total: 7/10 Points

T-Swizz - Riri.

2. Your Name - 1/2 Point
3. Album Cover - 1 Point

= 5/5 Points

There are some points he has made. 

= 0.5/5 Points

Total: 5.5/10 Points

T-Swizz - Aciid Rose

2. Your Name - 1/2 Point
3. Album Cover - 1 Point

= 5/5 Points

Ladies and gentlemen, I am just gonna state the obvious: we have a doppelgänger in our midst. As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted. From the hair to the suit, do you not have any value or respect for originality? You’re a laughing stock, it’s cheesy, it’s disgusting. I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion.

= 5/5 Points

Total: 10/10 Points

Spoiler

Element - Riri

Requirements - 5/5

Review - 0.5/5

Critique - Thank you for always submitting your entries on time this season.

Total - 5.5/10 

Element - Kathlen

Requirements - 5/5

Review - 2/5

Critique - I think the review got slightly stronger as you moved through the album, but it definitely read more like a general description than as a music review with substantiated opinions and critiques. You made a lot of statements throughout your piece, but there was never any "why?" to back them up. 

Total - 7/10 

Element - Marvin

Requirements - 5/5

Review - 2/5

Critique - I love this album and you have had strong work this season, so I was excited to see your entry and totally bummed that you were sick and unable to submit something at your full potential. The review is a fine basis, but there could have been so much more added to it, and I know that you already know that. (Also, Don't Ask Don't Tell is such a good song and EVERYONE has such negative thoughts on it and they're all wrong!!!!)

Total - 7/10 

Element - Aciid

Requirements - 5/5

Review - 5/5

Critique - A fantastic, professional entry with a brilliant writing voice carried throughout. You should be very proud of your work here, and the simple, sleek aesthetic is an unexpected cherry on top. You deserve this immunity without any doubt in my mind!

Total - 10/10 

Spoiler

Dylan - Riri.

Requirements and Stuff - 5/5

Review - 0.5/5 

Total: 5.5/10 

The only thing I'm going to say regarding your review is that I'm glad you enjoyed Slow Dance because it's a great song and underrated by everyone on here. Otherwise, you didn't try at all despite having an example that showed exactly what to do. As the former host of this game, I completely get rl and Element's frustration with you. Results take hours to compile and for someone to seemingly not try at all (sans a few rounds) is frustrating. But, stepping down from that position and now being a viewer, I also get why some people are rooting for you. You are certainly a character and that is interesting in itself. Just know that if you want to win this game, you're going to need to actually try during the final interview. That's the one task in this game I wouldn't take as a joke. 

Dylan - Kathlen

Review - 2.5/5 

Total: 7.5/10 

This definitely fell flat in some parts but I do like that you described the song's composition as I think that shows you're aware of what you're talking about and not just saying "I like this song" for every track. There could have been more background information and I feel like you didn't write enough.... but this was okay. Assuming you make it past this Tribal Council, give that final interview your best shot. You've been a little mysterious though a sweetheart so it'd be cool to see what went on in your gameplay and learn things we didn't know before.

Dylan - Marvin 

Review - 2/5

Total: 7/10 

Honestly, I feel like you dropped the ball and it's a little disappointing. I get this round is a lot and I also understand this time of year is crowded, but this felt really last minute. You don't really describe the tracks much and just say whether you like the song or not. It kinda seemed like something I'd post in the Blue Lips album thread upon first listen than like an ATRL critic review. However, good luck at Tribal Council and like I've said for everyone else this round, do that final interview justice (if you make it). It's your last shot to prove yourself as a winner. It's been a long journey so give it your all. 

Dylan - Aciid

Review - 5/5

Total: 10/10

This individual immunity is literally a pass into the finale and quite possibly a victory in the game itself, and I feel you're the only one this round that took advantage of that. You gave your opinion of the tracks but also described their composition and compared it to both Banks herself and other artists of that similar alt-pop genre. Yes, the magazine layout is super cool, but your score honestly has nothing to do with that. You could've formatted with just typical center bold etc. ATRL tools and this still would have been an easy win for you. Good luck in your final interview since I'm 100% sure you'll be safe this round. Great job this round!

Judges' reviews ^ 

Aciid did so well, she broke the system! Only a legend. :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

Spoiler

Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life

2. Your Name - 1/2 Point

Riri

3. Album Cover - 1 Point

Kelly_Clarkson_-_Meaning_of_Life_(Offici

1. A Minute (Intro) - I love the softness, but i wish it was a bit longer, i wanted to hear more 

2. Love So Soft - i love this song! it’s a nice bop

3. Heat - the chorus is a bit catchy, i love this track

4. Meaning of Life - the lyrics are so manful with a good track! Love it 

5. Move You - I don’t like the lyrics on this track but the background music is ok

6. Whole Lotta Woman - I don’t like this song at all because its so confusing

7. Medicine - this is the most likable track from the album because of the chorus

8. Cruel - Love it

9. Didn't I - this is a bop! I would perform this on stage every night!

10. Would You Call That Love - catchy chorus! love it

11. I Don't Think About You - this is one of the best song on this album. it sounds so powerful

12. Slow Dance - this is really cute and hot track from the album, love the chorus

13. Don't You Pretend - this is a soft song, but come with a bang which i like about this song

14. Go High -i didn’t like the song at first but I give it more listens and i got in the grove! i love this track

Go High- HIT I kept skipping that one because of the first listen but I gave it another listen and I fell in love with it

Move you - miss, didn’t like the track

1. A Minute (Intro) - 7

2. Love So Soft - 8

3. Heat - 8

4. Meaning of Life

5. Move You - 7

6. Whole Lotta Woman 9/10

7. Medicine 10/10

8. Cruel - 10/10

9. Didn't I 9/10

10. Would You Call That Love 8/10

11. I Don't Think About You 8/10

12. Slow Dance 10/10

13. Don't You Pretend 7/10

14. Go High 9/10

Spoiler

Tove Lo - Blue Lips

by Marvin 

Tove_Lo_-_Blue_Lips.png

Originally titled Lady Wood Pt II, Blue Lips is the third album from Tove Love. While she had a few hits from her debut album, this album sees Tove get as explicit as she wants, ensuring no hits. With that said, the album is an enjoyable listen and sees Tove at her most confident. 

Light Beams - The album starts with a short but sweet intro. It’s nice, but nothing amazing like the Lotus intro or the My Everything intro. 3/5

Disco **** - No one expected this song to be a hit (just read the first few lines of the song), but Tove Lo fans will love it for how unique it is. 3.5/5

She Don't Know but She Knows - While the verses in the song are forgettable, the nearly perfect chorus makes up for it. If Tove was interested in getting a hit, this would be one of the first songs to look at. 4/5

Shivering Gold - Once again, Tove delivers a great chorus that makes this song of the best. 4/5

Don't Ask Don't Tell - This may be the biggest letdown of the album. The pre-chorus builds up to nothing but an underwhelming chorus. 3/5

Stranger - Not only is this one of the best songs on the album, it has the biggest hit potential as well. Her label would be stupid to not release this in the future. 5/5

Bitches - Probably one of my least favorites on the album, Tove almost sounds like Rihanna. There’s nothing really redeemable about this song, and she surely had better songs to replace it with.1/5

Pitch Black - Another short interlude, this time a little darker. Like the other one, it’s nothing special. 3/5

Romantics f/ Daye Jack - Unfortunately, the feature added nothing to this song. Regardless, it’s pretty forgettable and most wont be itching to play it again. 2/5

Cycles - More than halfway into the album, we finally hear Tove sing about something other than sex or drugs. For that alone, she deserves some credit, but overall the song is just as forgettable as the previous one, if not more. 2/5

Struggle - Back to sex and/or drugs already? It’s not surprising at all. While song is a bit immature (“the struggle is real”?) by no means is it a bad songs. 3/5

9th of October - This song sees Tove get the most personal on the album, and is a welcome change from the last few songs. The first verse doesn’t rhyme, but it really doesn’t matter. This is a solid track. 4/5

Bad Days - This is definitely a Tove Lo song, but we couldn’t blame you if you heard a little of Selena (Gomez, that is) in the chorus. It’s a nice track, but nothing special. 3/5

Hey You Got Drugs? - Tove ends the album on her favorite subject... except this time in a more sincere way. While that is appreciated, the song just doesn’t do anything to make it stand out, although the last minute is great. 3.5/5

Hits: She Don't Know but She Knows, Shivering Gold, Stranger

Misses: Bitches, Romatics, Cycles

Blue Lips has some high highs and low lows, but those lows don’t stop it from being a decent pop album. You may not hear Tove on the radio ever again, but this album shows that she couldn’t care less. 

Overall: 7/10

Spoiler

Kathlen:

JESSIE WARE

GLASSHOUSE

JessieWareGlasshouse.jpg

REVIEW BY KATHLEN

Glasshouse is the 3rd studio album from the british singer/songwriter Jessie Ware

—————————————————-

TRACK BY TRACK

1. Midnight

Midnight is the perfect opening track, the verses are slow, but the chorus is big with a choir in the background. The song really showcases Ware’s powerful voice

Midnight was the lead single from the album, and peaked at #80

7/10

2. Thinking About You

Thinking About You is the perfect love ballad, the song is also very relatable, Ware sings about not wanting to let her loved ones down, and that’s she’s thinking about them all the time.

8/10

3. Stay Awake, Wait For Me

Stay awake is a very laid back song with and R&B kinda sound to it, and unlike the first two tracks Ware doesn’t sing that powerful, which gave the album a more refreshing sound.

10/10

4. Your Domino 

Your Domino had a more fun production to it, which gave it an old school kinda sound. And Ware’s voice is very whispery on the track, which gave the song an interesting  sound with the fun production.

3/10

5. Alone

Alone is the latest single from the album, and it’s a mid tempo song with a strong production. The songs chorus is very fresh with Ware doing some ad libs. 

The song peformed moderately in the UK with a peak of #60, becoming the highest peaking song from the album.

9/10

6. Selfish Love 

The Benny Blanco, and Cashmere Cat penned song Selfish Love was the album 2nd single, the song got a latin kinda sound to it, with a very relaxing breakdown.

But despite the big names behind the song, it didn’t chart in the UK.

7/10

7. First Time

First Time, is about reliving the feeling of the first time, Don't hold me like you already know me. The lyrics are very relatable, in a long term relationship things can get boring, and you just want it to be like the first time you fell in love with the person. And that makes the song very special.

9/10

8. Hearts

Ware wrote Hearts with Julia Michaels, and you can hear the raw emotions from Ware in this track, the production is very strong. And it just fits perfectly with the lyrics.

8/10

9. Slow Me Down

Slow Me Down got an early 2000 love sound to it, you can hear every instrument perfectly, and Ware is using her higher register on this track. Which gives the track a very beautiful sound.

5/10

10. Finish What We Started 

Finish What We Started, is about a relationship falling apart, Are we gonna finish what we started?
Only one thing left here to do
Are we gonna finish what we started?
Or we end. 
The chorus is very strong, and a lot of people have these feelings after a relationship feels like it about to end, we already used so much time are we gonna keep on going, or are we just gonna end it.

The production fits with the lyrics it’s very strong, and that’s just what the song needs.

6/10

11. Last Of The True Believe (feat. Paul Buchanan)

Last Of The True Believe feat. Paul Buchanan from group The Blue Nile, it’s also the albums only feat.

The song got a very old school vibe to it, which make sense since it feat. Paul Buchana. The song also has a choir in the background.

Buchanan, and Ware’s voices fits perfectly together

2/10

12. Sam

The album’s last track is named after Ware’s husband.

The song is a love song dedicated to him, and it got an acoustic sound to it with the guitar playing in the background.

It’s a very relaxing song, that gives you a feeling of closure.

4/10

—————————————————

HITS & MISSES

HITS:

Stay Awake, Wait For Me

Alone

First Time

MISSES: 

Your Domino

Last Of The True Believe (feat. Paul Buchanan)

Sam

—————————————————-

OVERALL

The album may not have been Ware’s biggest commercial wise, but it’s definitely her best, every track got something special, and the album is just really  amazing musically, and  so connected.

It starts with wanting to meet someone in the “midnight”, and by halfway through the album, there’s a track called “alone”, and it ends with a song dedicated to her husband “Sam”.

5_Star_Rating_System_3_and_a_half_stars_

• ATRL Moderator

three months of this bull**** formatting and it still is confusing as hell

BRING BACK BB CODE