Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 7) | REUNION TIME!

rl231

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• Citrus

• T-Swizz

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Lucky#17 said:

are we getting results tonight King?

Yes! The final judge is finishing up now  

kfc4lyl.png

Welcome castaways to your 16th Results Show! Your average will be displayed each image along with a cumulative average as I get into the other images. 

You will be given scores based off your cumulative average at the end of the round as such:

1st: 10
2nd: 9.5
3rd: 9
4th: 8.5
5th: 8

NOTE:
Ranks are from favorite to least favorite.

With that said, let's get to it...

Picture #1

rita-ora-mtv-ema-2017-red-carpet-.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Marvin

SKIP TO 1:10

To me, the image is Rita basically confidently showing everyone that she can look good in anything, even a shower robe, something that's usually worn in the morning after a shower. She literally woke up like that, and looks amazing, hence ***Flawless: a song about embracing who you are/how good you look and not being afraid to show that off.

Spoiler

Kathlen

The image meaning to me is that you Rita Ora just stepped out of the bath, and went to the EMAs :gaycat2:

I love Rita & this song :heart2:,  she doesn’t care if she’s in the bath or whatever she will jump out of it. Because she wants to be Anywhere away with you. And in this case it’s the EMAs

Spoiler

Aciid

I feel like this picture represents being a bad bitch. Showing up in a red carpet to cause commotion and attention. It's campy and fun. I picked The Baddest Female because it's about this, and because it's also super fun and not too serious. I feel like the lyrics could be attributed to a bitch feeling her oats this much. 

Spoiler

Lucky#17

Picture1: Rihanna — “Phresh Out the Runway”

This photo is pretty straight-forward — it’s all about Rita Ora’s look and confidence. I chose Rihanna’s “Phresh Out the Runway” since it matches what the focus of the photo is and what it exudes perfectly. The song is really Rihanna just boasting about everything from her success, to her look, to the way she carries herself. We see Rita emulating Rihanna’s “boss bitch”/“i’m THAT bitch” level of confidence in the photo. (Plus, if we wanna get a little literal, it doesn’t hurt that Rita stepped out in a bathrobe+towel ensemble that was literally FRESH off the runway from Paloma Spain’s Spring 2018 collection.)

Spoiler

Riri.

1. I think this picture is meaning for fierce, because she is on the red carpet looking glamour!

As i said before she is glamours

Element

1) Marvin - ***Flawless - the I woke up like dis line is perfect for this picture
2) Lucky#17 - Phresh Out the Runway - has attitude and perfectly captures the ridiculous nature of fashion
3) Aciid - I Am The Best - I def get a sense of being better than you in Rita's face/pose. Not bad 
4) Riri. - Glamorous - it's okay but is very general and focused on other items
5) Kathlen - Anywhere - not even close

rl231

1. Marvin - ***Flawless (Solo) - We wake up FLAWLESS, LIKE YOUR ENTRY.

2. Lucky#17 - Phresh Out the Runway - Terrible song, but it works great!

3. Riri. - Glamorous - Honestly, this was the perfect song for the round for me, but your description destroyed any chance of you hitting #1. 

4. Aciid - I Am the Best - This also works, but I just didn't think it was as strong as others.

5. Kathlen - Anywhere - Great song, but doesn't even fit the theme at all. Maybe if Rita was looking longingly into someone's eyes, it would work.

T-Swizz

1) Marvin - ***Flawless - Not only is this by far the best song choice on here but it also made the most sense. Ci-error would be so proud!
2) Lucky#17 - Phresh Out the Runway - I thought this was a comedic take on it until I read your description. Might've been #1 if it wasn't competing against a track from AOTY.
3) Aciid - I Am The Best - I wish you included what you said to me in your description. Decent choice song-wise. 
4) Riri. - Glamorous - I enjoyed the song and understood the angle you were approaching it from. I wish you were slightly more creative about it. 
5) Kathlen - Anywhere - Why is Rita's best single being disrespected like this?

Dylan

1. Marvin - Flawless

2. Lucky#17 - Phresh Out The Runway

3. Aciid - I Am The Best

4. Riri - Glamorous

5. Kathlen - Anywhere

I thought this image focused on being confident, fierce, and glamorous and along the lines of what most of you came up with. I placed Marvin 1st because I thought the 'I woke up like this" line was clever being that Rita is dressed in a robe and towel. Next was Lucky because his song had the right attitude followed by Aciid for pretty much the same reason. Glamorous wasn't a horrible choice, but the song is more so about being down to earth and not caring too much about materialistic things than actually being glamorous. Riri, maybe if you had said something about how Rita is wearing a robe on the red carpet and related it to the lyrics of Glamorous, you could have squeezed 3rd place out of this one. But, you didn't. Kathlen, Anywhere is a great song but this part was a bust for you.

Average Rank:

1. Marvin - 1.0

2. Lucky#17 - 2.0

3. Aciid - 3.3

4. Riri. - 3.8

5. Kathlen - 5.0

Picture 2 up next!

kfc4lyl.png

Picture #2

situations_crop380w.jpg?1276194890

Spoiler
Spoiler

Marvin

This man is touching the woman's hair, and she looks to be offended from it. I imagine her getting upset because the man thinks he can do whatever he wants, and her then yelling at him, saying that he needs to RESPECT her. Aretha wants the same thing the song, just give women respect!

Spoiler

Kathlen

The picture looks like sexually assault, disgusting  :fish2:

And It fits, because Till It Happends To You you don’t know how it feels  :emofish:

Spoiler

Aciid

The image is suggesting that the man in the picture is harassing the woman given her expression of discomfort, and their clothes look like they're in a workplace environment. I chose this song because its message is strong and I think you can attribute it to the fact that men get away with this ****, especially in places like work where women are forced to shut up or get fired. 

Spoiler

Lucky#17

Picture2: One Direction — “Little Things”

What I see here is a form of flirtation. This type of flirtation doesn’t have any sexual tension, or any grand gestures — I find it to be much more quirky, and discreet. I picked “Little Things” from One Direction for multiple reasons. Sonically, the song is quite minimal and acoustic, which I think fits the feel I get from the photo perfectly. The young man and woman seem to have a very little, minimally suggestive moment in time where they sense chemistry. It’s quite obvious that the guy is taking initiation, which is also shown throughout the song, as the boys illustrate the things of the girl that they are taking notice of and becoming enamored by. It’s all about love, but in the cutest and most preliminary way possible.

Spoiler

Riri.

The girl looks like she doesn't want him and he is trying to get back in her life

Element

1) Aciid - His Story - really great find, I could see this dude getting away with this due to his potential business power 

2) Kathlen - Til It Happens To You - expected but strong choice

3) Marvin - Respect - I like what you were you going for but the other two are stronger 

4) Riri. - WANEGBT - sort of hits the pic but misses out on the respect/predatory issue 

5) Lucky#17 - Little Things - this doesn't work sry

rl231

1. Aciid - His Story - Well, what do you know? Your song worked out better than your first choice...

2. Kathlen - Til It Happens to You - The song works, but I feel like the picture was more about the beginning stages and not the aftermath, like the song.

3. Marvin - Respect - I do think it works, but not as well as the others.

4. Riri - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - The pic was way more than that.

5. Lucky#17 - Little Things - I think you just missed the mark here, sorry. :katie: 

T-Swizz

1) Aciid - His Story - YES!

2) Marvin - Respect - A classic and a great choice.

3) Kathlen - Til It Happens To You - I think this is a bit of a reach but I understand where you're coming from. 

4) Lucky#17 - Little Things - Your explanation made up for the lack of connection and saved you from last place.

5) Riri. - WANEGBT - Poor song choice and explanation.

Dylan

1. Aciid - His Story

2. Kathlen - Til It Happens To You

3. Marvin - Respect

4. Riri - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

5. Lucky#17 - Little Things

Yeah, I don't think Rl chose this photo randomly. I think it's very much purposely chosen to fit recent headlines about sexual harassment/abuse. I placed Aciid first because i thought the lyrics of his song fit in with how many women feel in the workplace and he complemented that in his explanation. Kathlen did well in this part too, but I felt the picture was more so before an actual assault took place and more so in the beginning stages of sexual harassment. Marvin also caught on to this idea but I just personally found his track choice the weakest of the three. Riri, your song choice clarified that the girl is indeed not feeling the guy here, but I think the picture is deeper than that. As for Lucky, I don't find anything romantic or flirtatious here. 

Average Rank:

1. Aciid - 1.0

2. Kathlen - 2.3

3. Marvin - 2.8

4. Riri. - 4.3

5. Lucky#17 - 4.8

Cumulative Rank:

1. Marvin - 1.9

2. Aciid - 2.1

3. Lucky#17 - 3.4

4. Kathlen - 3.6

5. Riri. - 4.0

Picture 3 up next!

I never thought Aciid would be the first contestant to call me a bitch. (to my face)

Nmm2nix.gif

A mess that I picked Til It Happens To You, had to switch and found this random song somewhere and it placed me higher dksjdsk

Thanks!

kfc4lyl.png

Picture #3

annoying-insert.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Marvin

This guy is clearly angry about something. I personally think he's crazy about some girl that he likes and wants to be with, but she just keeps playing with him. In this song, Britney is obsessed with a guy that won't tell her if he likes or her not. 

Spoiler

Kathlen

A man who looks very angry, like really angry :-$

He seems angry as hell, and so does this song, he’s probably mad at someone. And he hates so much right now :rip:

*RL'S NOTE*: This is Kelis, a woman, singing and who's mad as hell.

Spoiler

Aciid

This picture represents hating your job and being fed up with it to me. I picked the song because it's exactly about that and I related the "I'm going to explode line" with the fumes coming out of his ears.

Spoiler

Lucky#17

Picture3: Remy Ma f/ Lil’ Kim — “Wake Me Up”

This man is fuming, literally, and “Wake Me Up” is a song where both Remy Ma and Lil’ Kim team up to blow off some major steam that’s been collected for quite some team. Some lines in particular would be “I hate that shxt, I can make or break your shxt / See I got options, don’t make me weigh them shxts!” and “If Nick-ole a Kid-man, OJ that bitch!” The closing lines from the hook are also telling: “Mmm, when the mornin’ come / These fake-ass bitches is done / So wake me up early!” This relates to the image because this man is ****ing bothered by SOMETHING to the point where his anger is so exaggerated, that he just wants whatever the cause is to stop immediately. We can also infer from the exaggeration with the fumes that perhaps the man is just going through rough times, and needs a moment to vent everything out. Either way, “Wake Me Up” is perfect because a) Remy and Kim are clearly waiting on the moment (see: lyrics in the chorus) for when the cause of what seems to be causing them trouble comes to a stop (perhaps Nicki Minaj?) and b) the single served as Remy Ma’s comeback single and lead single to her upcoming solo album, Seven Winters + Six Summers. It’s clear that through the lyrics serving as commentary on social/professional activity that Remy had a LOT to say with this song. Both Remy and the man needed to have their “blow-up” moment and just go the **** off completely… her delivery is very bold and near-grating (I personally love it) and mixed with very subliminal, aggressive lyrics — she’s letting anger out. (The song’s more old-school Hip-Hop sampled beat can be paired with the man’s suit as both are “classic” in their respective ways, if we wanna take the visual and sonic parallels a step further)

Spoiler

Riri.

1. He's angry.

Element

1) Aciid - I've Had It - wtf this is like the picture in a song

2) Kathlen - Caught Out There - captures the over the top rage of the pic 

3) Marvin - You Drive Me Crazy - not bad but I think the angry ones fit better 

4) Lucky#17 - Wake Me Up - I get what you were going for but I think the others expressed those frustrations much clearer 

5) Riri. - Elderly Woman - what is this honestly 

rl231

1. Aciid - I Have It - It's like you got it perfectly.

2. Kathlen - Caught Out There/I Hate Myself for Loving You - So two things that got to me: 1) You didn't send the full song. 2) YOUR DESCRIPTION, BRO.

3. Marvin - (You Drive Me) Crazy - I definitely understand it, but I just thought there needed to be more anger.

4. Lucky#17 - I just thought the song didn't SCREAM anger.

5. Riri - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter - Yeah, nah.

T-Swizz

1) Aciid - I've Had It - Sonically and lyrically on point. 

2) Kathlen - I Hate You So Much Right Now - Why is it only 20 seconds long...

3) Lucky#17 - Wake Me Up - I usually love your explanations but this was too convoluted. 

4) Marvin - You Drive Me Crazy - I suppose. 

5) Riri. - Elderly Woman - No.

Dylan

1. Aciid - I've Had It

2. Marvin - (You Drive Me) Crazy

3. Kathlen - I Hate You So Much Right Now

4. Lucky#17 - Wake Me Up

5. Riri - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter

Obviously this image is about being pissed off. What they're mad or frustrated with was sort of up to you guys. However, I felt Aciid hit this one best being that the man is dressed in boring work clothes and clearly fuming. I thought Marvin's approach was different in a good way. Kathlen's choice was interesting but it got the point across. Lucky also did okay but I just felt the other three were stronger. Riri, I don't think your song sounds that angry or frustrated. It's rather mellow given the picture. 

Average Rank:

1. Aciid - 1.0

2. Kathlen - 2.3

3. Marvin - 3.0

4. Lucky#17 - 3.8

5. Riri. - 5.0

Cumulative Rank:

1. Aciid - 1.8

2. Marvin - 2.3

3. Kathlen - 3.2

4. Lucky#17 - 3.5

5. Riri. - 4.3

Picture 4 up next!

Edited by rl231

I feel like the next one will drag me down from the top spot. But wow slay :duca: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Aciid said:

I feel like the next one will drag me down from the top spot. But wow slay :duca: 

Bills bills bills 

kfc4lyl.png

Picture #4

5-situations-where-you-should-never-use-

Spoiler
Spoiler

Marvin

This picture is about a couple that's visually struggling to deal with bills, they have financial issues, and clearly thinking of a solution. This man is telling the story of his family's current financial struggles, and what he's trying do to fix them.

Spoiler

Kathlen

A couple who just saw their Bills  :ahh:

And i think it fits the picture very much, they have bills they gotta pay, so they work everyday, so they can buy everything they need :gaycat3:

Spoiler

Aciid

When I looked at the image the first thing that came to my mind was paying bills. There's clearly frustration from both parties and I think it's quite funny to give the "Bills Bills Bills" narrative to the woman in the picture. 

Spoiler

Lucky#17

Picture4: B.o.B. f/ Hayley Williams — “Airplanes”

This image was a bit simpler for me. What seems to be a mixture of homework assignments and bills on the table has both this young man and lady stressed out. While the male looks more in disbelief, the female looks a bit more somber/hopeless. I chose “Airplanes” from B.o.B. featuring Hayley Williams because the song discusses a want to escape from a sadder situation and head towards some sort of better thing (whether it’s place, state of mind, etc. etc.) I simply paired the fact that the male looks way in-distressed to illustrate the fact that there is a conflict which the two have, and the interpretation that the female looks defeated, as the look on her face reads “Please God, let us have better days.” Her eyes seem to look more into the distance, as if she were imagining a better situation than the one she’s currently in.

Spoiler

Riri.

omg gosh moment

Element

1) Marvin - Cost of Livin - this was a sad MV to watch. It fits the exasperation of the picture and the heavy weight of reality quite well

2) Kathlen - lunchmoney - really good choice 

3) Lucky#17 - Airplanes - I like this interpretation! It works fairly well and even has monetary lines in the song 

4) Aciid - Destiny's Child - eh I feel like this was more about burning a scrub than lamenting your own problems 

5) Riri. - OMG - no 

rl231

1. Marvin - Cost of Livin' - A very impactful song and fit the pic well.

2. Kathlen - Bills - Your entry would've been stronger had the description been better, but you're lucky that the song fit so well. 

3. Aciid - Bills x3 - Great song, but the other Bills songs were stronger.

4. Lucky#17 - Airplanes - I understand where you're going, but I do believe that the other entries were stronger and more theme-fitting.

5. Riri - OMG - But what are they shocked about?

T-Swizz

1) Marvin - Cost of Livin - Tugged at my heartstrings. Beautiful. 

2) Kathlen - Bills - Fitting with a more up-beat vibe. 

3) Aciid - Bills, Bills, Bills - This has more to do with a scrub leeching off you. 

4) Lucky#17 - Airplanes - Again, beautiful description but the song choice was a complete miss. 

5) Riri. - OMG - Hmmm.

Dylan

1. Marvin - Cost of Livin

2. Lucky#17 - Airplanes

3. Kathlen - Bills

4. Aciid - Bills x3

5. Riri - OMG

I interpreted the couple as being in a tight financial situation and wanting a way out of it. Marvin was 1st because his song's lyrics and mood both fit the picture. Airplanes was a different less literal approach and it worked well for Lucky. Kathlen's song actually had the strongest lyrics, but its mood is very fun and upbeat which doesn't fit the picture. Aciid came fourth just because his song was the weakest of the "bills" songs imo. Riri, you were far too dense with this one though you are right in that the couple appears to be shocked. 

Average Rank:

1. Marvin - 1.0

2. Kathlen - 2.3

3. Lucky#17 - 3.3

4. Aciid - 3.5

5. Riri. - 5

Cumulative Rank:

1. Marvin - 1.9

2. Aciid - 2.2

3. Kathlen - 2.9

4. Lucky#17 - 3.3

5. Riri. - 4.5

Picture 5 (THE LAST ONE) up next!

kfc4lyl.png

Picture #5

storm.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Marvin

I personally interpreted this picture as like a miracle, or something supernatural. Yes, storms are common, but how often are there so many lightning strikes all at once like in the picture? Just like the song emphasizes, it's strange magic.

Spoiler

Kathlen

There are thunders in the pic :chick2:

And i think it fits the picture because if it hits them, then there are nothing left standing. And its a very strong song about everything being gone and that’s what’s happends after a thunder :'(

Spoiler

Aciid

Seeing this picture I see turmoil and danger. I picked What The Water Gave Me because it touches the subject of water and sacrificing yourself to the ocean; being a metaphor for sacrificing yourself for a loved one. I think the picture is dark, with the lightning and all and fits the song rather nicely. Not to mention the sound is quite water like. 

Spoiler

Lucky#17

Picture5: ZAYN f/ Sia — “Dusk Till Dawn”

With this image, I felt like there was room for much more interpretation instead of picking a track a bit too predictable. “Dusk Till Dawn” seemed like a great parallel to a storm. The song starts off with a very eerie soundscape, as a thunderstorm would start with the sounds of wind, as the clouds darken and the rain slowly pours in. The song has amassive chorus, in which it repeats, so there are multiple peaks of the song; a thunderstorm builds up to a climax as well, having multiple outbursts of thunder, rain and wind up to unbearable extents. Like the song, the storm can start to plateau at some points, then wreck havoc and repeak in terms of intensity. Then you have the end of the song, which has a more euphoric fade-out. When storms tend to fade out, a calmness in the weather emerges. “Dusk Till Dawn” based on production and vocals alone, match the intensity of the storm pictured. Lyrically, it discusses the concept of love, and about how one lover wants to be there for the other even through hard times. (“I’ll hold you when things go wrong”) When listening to the song and examining the lyrics closely, while examining the image, I just couldn’t help but think “If two lovers were bracing a storm together, this is exactly what I’d play.” A storm can rage on for nights and nights and nights — ironically the title of the song describes the amount of time that one lover will be there for another. It’s normally the middle of the night (after dusk emerges) when people have the most fear, when they’re at their most vulnerable — and it’s normally daylight (dawn emerging) where people recollect themselves. Some of the most frightening storms have a history of creeping in at the middle of the night, but eventually pass through by morning. All in all, it sounds like ZAYN is suggesting that there is oncoming treachery in their lives, and that he will be there to protect his lover.

Spoiler

Riri.

1. this is thunder.

Element

1) Aciid - Florence - brilliant choice 

2) Lucky#17 - Zayn/Sia - love this description! It was pretty close to #1 TBH

3) Kathlen - Blown Away - captures a storm well 

4) Marvin - Strange Magic - I get what you're saying but it didn't work for me 

5) Riri. - Thunder - reductive and predictable 

rl231

1. Aciid - What The Water Gave Me - I honestly thought this was perfect, so well done!

2. Lucky#17 - Dusk Til Dawn - A STORY. 

3. Marvin - Strange Magic - This was an entry where I saw where you were coming from with your description.

4. Riri - Thunder - "this is thunder" - Ok, here's your lower ranking.

5. Kathlen - Blown Away - I'm honestly unsure about this. I kinda understand where you're coming from, but the description wasn't really strong either.

T-Swizz

1. Aciid - What The Water Gave Me - Hiding all this taste behind a GD avi :(

2. Lucky#17 - Dusk Til Dawn - Love the song and your description. Florence will always be superior though. 

3. Kathlen - Blown Away - Love this song. A stronger description could've gotten you second place. 

4. Riri. - Thunder - Duh.

5. Marvin - Strange Magic - This song choice didn't make sense to me and the description didn't help much.

Dylan

1. Aciid - What The Water Gave Me

2. Lucky#17 - Dusk Til Dawn

3. Marvin - Strange Magic

4. Kathlen - Blown Away

5. Riri - Thunder

This one was most up to interpretation, but I felt utilizing the imagery of the storm and ocean would help you guys out here. Pretty much all of you did that. I placed Aciid first because his song took into account the ocean too and he had a good explanation to pair with it. Lucky was extra as hell in this part lmaoooo but I liked the basis of what he was saying. Marvin was a little too simple but it was still a decent choice. Kathlen could have knocked Marvin out of 3rd with a better explanation. Riri again put in as little thought as possible. 

Round 5 Rank:

1. Aciid - 1.0

2. Lucky#17 - 2.0

3. Marvin - 3.8

3. Kathlen - 3.8

5. Riri. - 4.5

Final results coming up next!

kfc4lyl.png

Average Rank:

1. Aciid - 2.0 (+5)

2. Marvin - 2.3 (+3)

3. Kathlen - 3.2 (-1)

4. Lucky#17 - 3.5 (-3)

5. Riri. - 4.3 (=)

Overall Rank (through R16):

1. Marvin - 8.04 (+1)

2. Lucky#17 - 7.69 (+1)

3. Kathlen - 7.62 (+1)

4. Aciid - 7.24 (+2)

5. Riri. - 7.20 (=)

This means that Aciid wins his 2nd individual immunity!

Aciid

80AyI6b.png

Final results and TC questions coming up shortly.

7 minutes ago, Aciid said:

@T-Swizz It's Jimin from BTS sweetie but I've had GD before so. 

The upgrade :clap3:

Edited by T-Swizz

kfc4lyl.png

Tribal Council

Welcome to your eighth tribal council as a merged tribe! 

Aciid is immune from elimination this round. There are 4 of you up for elimination this Tribal Council, and one person is going home. Immunity Idols/other prizes may be played (and expire this round) but remember you must PM us before the deadline for these to be valid.

Here are some tribal council discussion questions for you to answer in the thread. If you do not answer your question, your vote will not count.

- @Aciid: Congrats on winning immunity! How does it feel to have immunity at such a pivotal point in the game?

- @Kathlen♡: Last round, you seemed surprised to see talent go home. Why was that?

- @Lucky#17: The end is very near. How is it feeling that you've made it so far in the game?

- @Marvin: This is the last night an idol and/or advantage can be played. Do you believe that something will be played tonight, or no?

- @Riri.: What do you think the jury is looking for in a winner? Do you believe you have what it takes to win, and why?

As always, please use the parchment below to cast your votes and PM them to the hosts. 

Your votes are due at 10 AM EST on Friday, December 8th and you can not vote for Aciid.

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone!!

Thought Aciid would snatch. 

Congrats babe. 

Last round, you seemed surprised to see talent go home. Why was that?

I thought it would be another tie between Talent and I, tbh i didn’t expect Lucky and Aciid to vote for Talent :duck:

9 hours ago, rl231 said:

- @Aciid: Congrats on winning immunity! How does it feel to have immunity at such a pivotal point in the game?

tumblr_nqrykj2fwO1rpaylno1_250.gif 

No but I really didn't expect it. It was a round I really wanted to win because yeah, we're in crucial stages. The fact that I get to relax and just worry about getting into the top 3 now is amazing. 

11 hours ago, rl231 said:

The end is very near. How is it feeling that you've made it so far in the game?

not to be super cliché, but i'm still surprised! definitely didn't think i'd make it this far from the start of things.