Billboard: Taylor #1, next week: Cardi B will be 1, Post #3

UNNAMI

10 minutes ago, Toxic_Lover said:

It's funny how people want to try and discredit Cardi's possible number 1 because she discounted her song. Yet when Gaga discounted her album to break Britney's first week sales record(which she still failed) it was said to be genius. Nope. Cardi's team is doing it right. Make history by any means necessary. 

What type of alternative facts :deadbanana3:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• slw84

10 minutes ago, Toxic_Lover said:

It's funny how people want to try and discredit Cardi's possible number 1 because she discounted her song. Yet when Gaga discounted her album to break Britney's first week sales record(which she still failed) it was said to be genius. Nope. Cardi's team is doing it right. Make history by any means necessary. 

Who called Gaga's discount genius?  She still gets called out for that to this day lol. 

15 minutes ago, Toxic_Lover said:

What? :rip: she's still dragged for that.

I don't think discounts should be looked down upon. Charts just measure popularity and technically discounts do make a song more popular.

Not a particularly interesting week, but I will say again that I am loving this shift back to pop. With Taylor leading and:

08. Charlie Puth

10. Shawn Mendes

11. Niall Horan

12. Liam Payne

13. Demi Lovato

:party:

POP RADIO:
44 38 CARDI B Bodak Yellow 1050 779 271 5.625
+ 103 spins
+ 71 bullet
+ 0.625 audience

http://kworb.net/radio/

POP is on board! Cmon Cardi :duca:

19 minutes ago, berberocka said:

POP RADIO:
44 38 CARDI B Bodak Yellow 1050 779 271 5.625
+ 103 spins
+ 71 bullet
+ 0.625 audience

http://kworb.net/radio/

POP is on board! Cmon Cardi :duca:

Whoa! :duca: 

Which one of you hyper sensitive little girls reported me? No matter. I said what I said lol

Taylor is falling quick on On-Demand streaming. Could someone snatch #2 spot from her?

"Look" is slowing down on all metrics, and I honestly don't see "Ready for It?" being a "Blank Space"-level hit.

Taylor still decreasing on streaming :rip:

She's never stabilizing still

3 hours ago, Toxic_Lover said:

this a weird comparison because Gaga got a lot of flak for the discount, there is literally no evidence she was doing it to break the sales record, and Taylor and Gaga are nothing alike. A better comparison would have been Taylor's discount on IDWLF.

LWYMMD had a huge start in streaming (the largest single-week streaming figure in US history; neglecting that bogus Harlem Shake figure :rip:) so it was bound to recede at some point. 

Somebody has the predictions for next week?

Cardi just dethroned Taylor on US iTunes :duca:

Can she snatch the #1 or is she still behind on points?

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

:duca: This is actually getting very exciting! :eatpopcorn:

5 hours ago, Toxic_Lover said:

I don't care ab Cardi discounting at all and am so happy for her but your comment ab Gaga is completely wrong. She was dragged in 2011 and still dragged today for that discount. No one said it was genius and it's been used against her for the past 6+ years. 

3 hours ago, Timber said:

Taylor is falling quick on On-Demand streaming. Could someone snatch #2 spot from her?

Post should be able to snatch the #1 on ODS this week (but Cardi will still be #1 on Streaming Songs). Cardi would fall to #2 and Taylor #3.

2 hours ago, Cap10Planet said:

"Look" is slowing down on all metrics, and I honestly don't see "Ready for It?" being a "Blank Space"-level hit.

Plus the presence of Look in the higher regions of the pop and HAC radio charts will make it somewhat harder for RFI to really smash on radio.

How do we feel about Bodak compared to this year's #1's?

I'd say: 

Great songs – LWYMMD,  Starboy,  Humble,  Bodak Yellow

Cute bops – Shape Of You, TWIL,  Despacito,  Black Beatles

Meh – Bad & Boujee,  I’m The One

:gaycat4:

10 minutes ago, Miss Bank$ said:

Why is Havana so low?

It has very little radio at the moment (8.6M AI). But it's not top 50 on Streaming Songs either, so it's pretty sales-driven right now.

2 hours ago, Ramos said:

Cardi has the #1 on lock for quite a while now

18 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Cardi has the #1 on lock for quite a while now

OMG YESSSSSSSSS

pop radio is adding bodak yellow like crazy, she's def. going #1

32 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

It has very little radio at the moment (8.6M AI). But it's not top 50 on Streaming Songs either, so it's pretty sales-driven right now.

Sales driven? But it's so low on iTunes too

1 hour ago, ☆lex said:

How do we feel about Bodak compared to this year's #1's?

I'd say: 

Great songs – LWYMMD,  Starboy,  Humble,  Bodak Yellow

Cute bops – Shape Of You, TWIL,  Despacito,  Black Beatles

Meh – Bad & Boujee,  I’m The One

:gaycat4:

For me I would swap Shape of you and Deaspacito with Bad& Boujie and I'm The One and swap Look with TWIL.

and then put Starboy in meh.

everything else is the same :flower:

Edited by TheDevilsAdvocate