Nicki Minaj calls out fashion industry for racism

52 posts in this topic

21576519_269589226868057_526139654890586

Nicki Minaj has been making her usual rounds at NYFW this season, sitting front row and joining the party circuit, but that doesn't mean she'll refrain from pointing out the fashion world's flaws. After attending the Philipp Plein Spring 2018 show on Saturday, the superstar rapper took a dig at the industry during the designer's afterparty.

"Thank you Philipp Plein for including our culture," she said, according The Cut. "Designers get really big and really rich off of our culture, and then you don’t see a mother****er that look anything like us in the front row half the time. So let’s make some noise for Philipp Plein tonight."

Minaj sat front row for Plein's cabaret-themed show. Other notable attendees included 50 Cent, Fabolous, EJ Johnson and Yo Gotti, who performed with Nicki at the afterparty. The show also featured a diverse cast of models, with celebrities like Rae Sremmurd, 21 Savage, Metro Boomin and Snoop Dogg's son Cordell Broadus gracing the runway with Adriana Lima, Irina Shayk, Jasmine Sanders, Elsa Hosk and Shanina Shaik. Teyana Taylor closed the show with another fierce walk and Future performed live during the presentation.

Plein often spotlights diversity at his over-the-top shows. He notably cast only black models in his Spring 2014 show and ad campaign, and was one of the few designers to cast transgender models for Fall 2017.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a12216838/nicki-minaj-calls-out-fashion-industry/

Mr. Plein is just :smitten2: 

Plein can't even design clothes. It's just outrageous shows and stunt castings and celeb parties.. :priceless: 

So extra :rip: 

So she's more worried about the people that show up than the people that are wearing the clothes?

Why does she claim that black people set all trends?

If you don't voice the issue then no one will ever know its happening. Im proud of her.

11 minutes ago, frances said:

only 99.9%

15 minutes ago, frances said:

well

you know

3 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

only 99.9%

In fashion :confused:

3 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

only 99.9%

OT: :clap3:Smart Lady

3 minutes ago, TYE said:

Last time i checked Yeezus was black

He's so ****ing hot

51 minutes ago, Scotland said:

Plein can't even design clothes. It's just outrageous shows and stunt castings and celeb parties.. :priceless: 

Basically NYF in a single sentence. Still waiting for Milan to start. 

Nicki Minaj sits at her vanity.

19 minutes ago, ScarletWitch said:

I swear you're one of my favourite members here :skull:

OT: I don't know anything about fashion or the industry but her words sound about right :clap3:

24 minutes ago, ScarletWitch said:

:deadbanana3: Iconic

Oh Miss Maraj have many seats, okay? Where was your respect for the black community when you wore those blue contacts and a bleach blonde wig? Hm? You are no inspiration for black girls, im sorry but no youre not. Not when have of you has been imported from Hong Kong. India Arie now that is a TRUE black icon. Or Miss Hill. Yes. Women whove EMBRACED what God gave them and love everything about themselves and strive to learn more about black history and african cultures. Thats why Miss Hill lives in Africa. Until I see you make this effort to embrace what GOD gave you,. Until you put down the wigs, the relaxer and the silicons, I cant believe anything you say about racism. Be blessed thoufh cause I still love you and youre learning. Youre still young you got time

48 minutes ago, ScarletWitch said:

7 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Oh Miss Maraj have many seats, okay? Where was your respect for the black community when you wore those blue contacts and a bleach blonde wig? Hm? You are no inspiration for black girls, im sorry but no youre not. Not when have of you has been imported from Hong Kong. India Arie now that is a TRUE black icon. Or Miss Hill. Yes. Women whove EMBRACED what God gave them and love everything about themselves and strive to learn more about black history and african cultures. Thats why Miss Hill lives in Africa. Until I see you make this effort to embrace what GOD gave you,. Until you put down the wigs, the relaxer and the silicons, I cant believe anything you say about racism. Be blessed thoufh cause I still love you and youre learning. Youre still young you got time

:deadbanana2:

10 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Black people can have blonde hair and blue eyes naturally tho. :huh: