Elle Fanning talks Selena Gomez.

15 posts in this topic

Резултат с изображение за elle fanning selena gomez

“I woke up the next morning [thinking] like, ‘What happened to my Instagram?’” Fanning told Vanity Fair’s Krista Smith on Saturday at the Toronto Film Festival. “It was exploding with things. People were saying things and this photo kept popping up.”

No. In a show of excitement about their partnership on the Allen film, Gomez had posted portraits of Fanning and their fellow co-star Timothée Chalamet on Instagram.

“I guess that’s what happens when someone has like a billion followers, posts your face, and tags you,” Fanning said Saturday of the social-media tsunami. “It was insane!”

When Fanning finally did meet Gomez, the pop star felt the need to apologize.

“She was like, ‘I’m sorry I creepily posted the photo.’”

“I said, ‘No! Keep doing it!’ I’m getting more [followers].’” (To date, Fanning has 1.6 million followers.)

Fanning said that she has now met Allen twice, and has begun commuting to work with her co-stars in Manhattan—an adventure unto itself.

“For [Woody Allen] films, it’s such a whole new experience,” Fanning said. “His crew picks up the cast in these giant vans that come up to your apartment in New York. Sometimes you’re the only person getting in the van. The first time Timothée was in the van, we spent the first 25 minutes talking to each other.”

It’s a nerve-wracking experience for three young stars to work with such a prolific filmmaker.

“I think we are all really nervous but we are in it together,” Fanning said. With a shrug, she explained that they have a text-message support system in place: “We have a group chat.”

full @ https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/09/selena-gomez-instagram-elle-fanning 

Instagram is basically the only thing people bring up when talking about Selena. Not her music career. Not her acting career. Sad.

I have posted tons of threads of people talking about Selena's new music, videos, new movie, praising her personality, fashion, talk about working with her and how she is in the studio, during writing process... and also 13RW... 

5 minutes ago, Rom said:

Instagram is basically the only thing people bring up when talking about Selena. Not her music career. Not her acting career. Sad.

I Stan selena but this is true, more people need to talk about her acting and music instead of her instagram 

IFCnIBy.gif.ea776c04acb83fc26d8eae726fbd

1 hour ago, Rom said:

Okay, Harry. 

Selena is a sweetheart but shes on of the most manufactured artist of our generation 

34 minutes ago, SpankGangsta said:

Selena is a sweetheart but shes on of the most manufactured artist of our generation 

Why do you say that?

“I said, ‘No! Keep doing it!’ I’m getting more [followers].’”

:rip:

Mess @ her talking about instagram... :rip: 

5 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Mess @ her talking about instagram... :rip: 

She is talking about instagram because it was through instagram that their first contact happened. I don't know why people are so pressed over it :toofunny3:

So she's one of the most followed people on instagram. Don't see why that's an issue. It's better to be talked about than not be talked about at all. 

9 hours ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

“I said, ‘No! Keep doing it!’ I’m getting more [followers].’”

IFCnIBy.gif.ea776c04acb83fc26d8eae726fbd

She also talked about working on their new movie... 

People in here acting if they dont talk about/use Instagram... esp. if Selena Gomez tags you. I'd mention it too.