Hillary Clinton compares herself to Cersei Lannister

36 posts in this topic

pjimage-25.jpg?quality=80&w=1024

Oh, dear.

Today, Hillary Clinton releases a new book, What Happened, which aims to break down how the longtime politician lost the presidential election last year to Donald Trump. In an excerpt shared by a Breitbart writer on Twitter, Clinton unfortunately compares herself to Game of Thrones’ Cersei Lannister when it came to the way she was treated by Trump supporters. She particularly cites the scene wherein Cersei, accused of adultery and incest, is forced to walk naked through King’s Landing.

She writes, “Crowds at Trump rallies called for my imprisonment more times than I can count. They shouted, ‘Guilty! Guilty!’ like the religious zealots in Game of Thrones chanting ‘Shame! Shame!’ while Cersei Lannister walked back to the Red Keep.”

Despite Cersei undoubtedly being a sympathetic figure in that moment, she’s more or less served as a ruthless villain throughout much of the series’ run.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/09/hillary-clinton-compares-herself-to-cersei-lannister-proving-shes-never-seen-game-of-thrones/

That drag in that tweet :dies:

hillary sis :skull:    

Hillary sis :deadbanana: 

This case of martyr complex :skull: 

That's not someone you really want to compare yourself to as a politician :biblio:

1 hour ago, Travis Bickle said:

What a drag :ahh::clap3:

adksfkl where were the editors on this one :lmao: 

You know you that b*tch when you cause all this conversation

16 minutes ago, BarbFatale said:

What a drag :ahh::clap3:

Except Trump doesnt tell it like it is

Well she just earn a little bit of respect from me for saying it like it is. There could not have been a more perfect analogy. 

That drag :ahh: i thought it was a bad drag until that last line

Yeah a Cersei analogy really wasn't well thought out at all. Especially considering the situation that led to Cersei's walk of atonement was a situation that Cersei herself created because she couldn't beat the Tyrell's straight up. It's clear Hillary was only thinking about that from the context of one woman vs. a rabidly angry and vicious mob, but there's really no way to do that without also analogizing yourself with a terribly unsympathetic character who deserved everything she got and then some. :skull: She had to know the right wingers, Bernie bros and whoever else would have a field day with it.  

I wonder what relative Hillary is f*cking :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, Ascension said:

Yeah a Cersei analogy really wasn't well thought out at all. Especially considering the situation that led to Cersei's walk of atonement was a situation that Cersei herself created because she couldn't beat the Tyrell's straight up. It's clear Hillary was only thinking about that from the context of one woman vs. a rabidly angry and vicious mob, but there's really no way to do that without also analogizing yourself with a terribly unsympathetic character who deserved everything she got and then some. :skull: She had to know the right wingers, Bernie bros and whoever else would have a field day with it.  

That seemed to be a constant problem all throughout Hillary's political career...

At least Hillary is "self aware".  :fan:

This is like another pokemon and go vote case.. she clearly didn't think it through lol

Who edited this book? :rip: 

I wouldn't have known who this GoT character is because I've yet to watch it. I think she was just going for the idea that she was treated as if she were as bad as that character? I'm not sure. The line should have been removed regardless. 

lmaooooooo i can't wait to get to that part

a messy comparison when u contexualize cercei's entire character but she's not wrong , y'all continue to do the most on hillary when clearly she already does the most on herself :deadbanana3: 

also im ready for Hillary, ha season 6 finale moment :clap3: u know which building, queen

5 minutes ago, qurl said:

lmaooooooo i can't wait to get to that part

a messy comparison when u contexualize cercei's entire character but she's not wrong , y'all continue to do the most on hillary when clearly she already does the most on herself :deadbanana3: 

also im ready for Hillary, ha season 6 finale moment :clap3: u know which building, queen

:deadbanana3: 

this is true, though. it's really not that messy of an analogy unless you read too much into it

Hillary :rip: 

(This is an ok analogy tho tbh) 

Cersei wouldn't have allowed herself to lose

tumblr_o9f0gyalMW1qi2twuo5_250.gif

tumblr_o9f0gyalMW1qi2twuo9_250.gif

I wish the analogy were more true since in the end Cersei still won the throne. :(