do Europeans wash they hands after going to the toilet. MAP

129 posts in this topic

washing-hands-source.jpg

The cleanliest countries in Europe have been revealed in a survey disclosing people's hand washing habits.

The Dutch are the least likely to wash their hands with soap and water after using the toilet, according to a report by Gallup International.

Only half of those surveyed in the Netherlands said they automatically washed their hands after visiting the bathroom, compared to 96 per cent of those in Bosnia & Herzegovina, which was found to be the most hygienic nation.

Other countries that shy away from a good scrub include Italy, were only 57 per cent of those surveyed said they automatically wash their hands, as well as Spain and France, with just over 60 per cent of those surveyed in both countries claiming to give their hands a thorough clean.  

Although 75 per cent of Britons said they automatically washed their hands with soap, the UK did not make it into the most spotless nations.

The accuracy of the results, however, may be debatable after a 2011 study found that, while 95 per cent of Britons claim to wash their hands after visiting the bathroom, barely a tenth actually do.

Washing your hands, however, may be just as good for your conscience as it is for your health.

Scientists at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor found washing your hands frees you of taking the blame for any unhappy outcome of a difficult decision.

Dr Spike Lee, a researcher at the university said: "It's not just that washing your hands contributes to moral cleanliness as well as physical cleanliness... our studies show that washing also reduces the influence of past behaviours and decisions that have no moral implications whatsoever."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-european-countries-that-wash-their-hands-least-after-going-to-the-toilet-a6757711.html

my country at 85% :clap3:

TALENT 

Sis where are you getting all these maps and data  :rip:

Those numbers are so low :skull: 

Maybe that 50% for The Netherlands is the 50% of the time they're pooping not just peeing. Washing your hands is basically unnecessary after peeing unless you literally pee on your hands.

LIES.  Practically no one washes their hands.  I feel like it's just me :rip: 

Just now, Jack. Bauer said:

Maybe that 50% for The Netherlands is the 50% of the time they're pooping not just peeing. Washing your hands is basically unnecessary after peeing unless you literally pee on your hands.

what?

We're not even among the worst ones, but 71% is still disturbing :biblio:

NOT Italy flopping on this map too :jonny2: 

:cm: That 94%, what a crock of bull***. Atleast now we know the country with the most liars.

The Balkans serving HYGIENE.

giphy.gif

but tbh the only instance where I always wash my hands after is in public toilets because I don't trust any part of them even the walls may have had someone peeing on them :biblio:

If I'm at home I just wash it with water 

68%, Poland get your stuff together... 

I personally wash my hands after touching anything so...

perxepm.gif

Scientists at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor found washing your hands frees you of taking the blame for any unhappy outcome of a difficult decision.

Dr Spike Lee, a researcher at the university said: "It's not just that washing your hands contributes to moral cleanliness as well as physical cleanliness... our studies show that washing also reduces the influence of past behaviours and decisions that have no moral implications whatsoever."

Are all American scientists all hippies or just the ones at UOMichigan? :ahh:

"96%"

After peeing? Sure, Jan.

Enough Barbara

OT: I do

:ahh: I'm done. in before this gets closed...

The Netherlands :ahh: 

3 minutes ago, Mezter said:

NOT Italy flopping on this map too :jonny2: 

MTE :skull:

I'm OCD about this.

What's this mess @RomanNavysis? 

yall dont really wash ur hands after peeing? wow

i wash mine even after touching my phone. Ottoman Empire impact tbh

my country is at 72% :dies: gypsies are unhygienic so I'm not surprised :cm: 

5 minutes ago, Barbara said:

what?

Idk what part you're referring to but:

the article doesn't specify whether this is after using the toilet to pee or take a dump, so I assume it means in general and includes both activities.

also washing your hands after peeing is entirely unnecessary unless you're peeing on your hands or have dirty genitals before urinating.