• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cupid

• HonourableVomit

• RT Air

• Rocket

Glamthony
On 11/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, Petty Bourgeoisie said:

Her best song. If you don't agree then you don't like Kylie, you don't like dance, you don't like the 90s, and you don't like yourself! :cm:

Not THE best, but one of the best.

Glamthony
On 19/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, TheGreatestX said:

When the B-Side is better than the A-Side.

Thank god is on spotify and on the aussie edition of Fever and as a bside on in your eyes cd single

Arguably the best song from the whole era.

EuXFegr.gif

41 minutes ago, Nemo said:

criminal thats it’s only a limited bonus track. it’s single-worthy if we’re being honest

EuXFegr.gif

It was a hard task finding a copy of the CD, but i did, and my life has been complete since then.

The best song after all the lovers. Imagine having an album that opens with all the lovers and closes with heartstrings, legend things 

EuXFegr.gif

40 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

where the **** is the Fever vinyl reissue 

I think she might do a Fever 20th thing later this year once DISCO winds down. Maybe around September or October

just HOW and WHY was this not a single?

EuXFegr.gif

• 1 month later...
Madame X

i dont know why but i've been obsessed with this lately

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
StrangerInTheDark

So, over the last few weeks I have decided that Body Language is absolutely #2 best Kylie album, it is in fact perfect. From visuals, her look, blond hair, to perfectly  captured 80s synthpop sound but with modern urban twist. 

Golden was so rotten I had no choice but to unstan Kylie and haven't listened to single song until Disco which buried my stan card. But earlier this year I decided to focus on catalog and just forget those two train-wrecks happened and I revisited Fever and BL and it has been an experience... Decided to watch Money Can't Buy and I absolutely loved it, it was the only 2nd time i watched Kylie show (after KMO tour) as Madonna fan I can't really watch concerts, her pretentiousness sucks fun out of the live shows so I always skip them. Kylie despite not doing much on stage always serves energy, vocals and charisma for days, this was pure fun, the mixes gave extra oomph. Once again I have to make a parallel between those two since they are/were my top 2, Madonna always ruins classics and strips them of their essence (this millennium) that made them amazing and classics (TCT was a fluke), while Kylie managed to upgrade her classics on both this and Kiss Me Once tour. I just wanna sing along and have a good time while watching this, not to roll my eyes when I hear 2012 EDM LAP or Timbaland's Vogue. Eww. I don't want her selling me that cheap mess while being pretensions and preachy on stage. Kylie is great performer because she has great direction and real showgirl attitude, unlike the other one... But enough about comparisons. 

I feel like this fanbase never talks enough about Slow's B-side Soul on Fire. It's one of my favorite Kylie songs of all time. And the artwork :jonny5:

Kylie-Sing39Slow.jpg Kylie-Sing39SlowAlt.jpg

Regarding Slow, I didn't appreciate it during its time, I was too young to get it, over the years it finally hit me and now it's my #2 favorite Kylie song, and I explored remixes earlier this year and whoa, Chemical Brothers Remix is everything

RBW was my bop back in the day and still slays, Chocolate is great too but shouldn't have been 3rd single it killed the momentum that RBW brought back on, Obsession should've been 3rd single and Chocolate 4th single during autumn. 

Loving Days is the best album track.

I think I covered everything I wanted regarding this album and era. 

Edited by StrangerInTheDark
Edited

After 5 months, i finally decided that Miss a thing, real groove, say something, supernova and magic are Disco top 5. 

As much as i loved DISCO, i wish she could do another high budget album with various producers, KMO, Aphrodite and X feel really expensive and ambitious, Golden & Disco are great, but they are not on the same level as pregolden Kylie, they’re fun and fresh, and aged really good, but lacks something. 

Also, i can confirm that Body Language is her best second album.

HonourableVomit
On 3/8/2021 at 5:41 AM, Madame X said:

i dont know why but i've been obsessed with this lately

Well because occasionally you do in fact stan pure talent.

Her 2015 ep has three 10 out of 10 songs and... is her best release in the 2010s decade. Including Aphrodite. 

3 hours ago, izzyinsane said:

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate this amazing hidden gem. :jonny6:

i will never understand what happened with this album.

Everything that she recorded that was good barely made it into the record :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

Well because occasionally you do in fact stan pure talent.

Her 2015 ep has three 10 out of 10 songs and... is her best release in the 2010s decade. Including Aphrodite. 

now that's the tea

On 4/7/2021 at 2:51 AM, Glamthony said:

As much as i loved DISCO, i wish she could do another high budget album with various producers, KMO, Aphrodite and X feel really expensive and ambitious, Golden & Disco are great, but they are not on the same level as pregolden Kylie, they’re fun and fresh, and aged really good, but lacks something.

Same tbh. Golden and Disco had bops but the production was as cheap as it gets. She better keep Sky Adams & Co AWAY from the KM15 sessions. Let's hope the Jessie Ware collab will inspire her to have polished production again.

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

i will never understand what happened with this album.

Everything that she recorded that was good barely made it into the record :deadbanana4:

The fact that she started the era (well, pre-era) with this slay:

... and ended it with this disaster:

Kylie-Minogue-Kiss-Me-Once-Tour-3.jpg

Nobody involved in this album campaign is seeing heaven. :deadbanana4:

Edited by ATWK
4 hours ago, izzyinsane said:

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate this amazing hidden gem. :jonny6:

Total slay. I'll forever want to ride a go kart in the middle of the jungle while listening to this. Princess Peach who?

Tbh, Kiss Me Once is a good album. Into The Blue, Mr. President, Sexercise and Les Sex are literally perfect.

On 4/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, Glamthony said:

After 5 months, i finally decided that Miss a thing, real groove, say something, supernova and magic are Disco top 5. 

My current Disco top 5:

1. Say Something 

2. Dancefloor Darling 

3. Magic

4. I Love It 

5. Supernova 

The bonus tracks are still trash though. 

31 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

My current Disco top 5:

1. Say Something 

2. Dancefloor Darling 

3. Magic

4. I Love It 

5. Supernova 

The bonus tracks are still trash though. 

Til you love somebody is ok, is just there. Fine wine is cute and campy, but non necessary since we already have Monday Blues. Spotlight and Hey Lonely are the most forgettable tracks of her carreer. BUT they sounds good if you play the whole thing.

8 hours ago, ZENO said:

Tbh, Kiss Me Once is a good album. Into The Blue, Mr. President, Sexercise and Les Sex are literally perfect.

Omg yess. I remember the first time I heard Les Sex here I was the most anxious person alive and had to wait for the album release to hear it in full. :WAP: