Sam Smith Tops US iTunes

eddytws

I didn't see anyone outside of music forums talking about this song so who bought it?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• SilverSky

• Lil Brush

• Bloodflowers.

QueenofCopyPaste
22 minutes ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

He's #4 on Kworb though?

Kworb is late...iTunes is more realtime

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, DancingShoes said:

I didn't see anyone outside of music forums talking about this song so who bought it?

The General Public =/= music forums

1 minute ago, berberocka said:

The General Public =/= music forums

That is exactly what I said. Outside of music forums, no one is talking about it?

QueenofCopyPaste
23 minutes ago, jopanned said:

Is reaching #1 on itunes really still a big deal? Didn't that viner Jake Paul reach #1 on itunes? Literally it means nothing

The song is cute tho! I was surprised!

better than not reaching #1 on anything :-*

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, DancingShoes said:

That is exactly what I said. Outside of music forums, no one is talking about it?

Obviously people outside the music forums are buying it though ;)

liberalmusiclover

The song is magnificent , so it's good to see that talent is winning. :clap3: 

8 minutes ago, berberocka said:

Wow I didnt expect it :eek:

Only in the UK but not in the US :jonny:

Weren't you one of many putting down Taylors first week numbers of 353k?   She's on her third week now so Sam an Oscar winner should have easily been able to top iTunes as she will likely only sell 100k in her third week.  The last Oscar winning music star to release sold over one million singles in a single week. Sam has a bunch of catching up to do and judging by how long it took him to get to #1 he ain't coming close.

Edited by SilverSky

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, SilverSky said:

Weren't you one of many putting down Taylors first week numbers of 353k?   She's on her third week now so Sam an Oscar winner should have easily been able to top iTunes as she will likely only sell 100k in her third week.  The last Oscar winning music star to release sold over one million singles in a single week. Sam has a bunch of catching up to do and judging by how long it took him to get to $1 he ain't coming close.

I legit didnt expect it though, UK only but not US

6 minutes ago, berberocka said:

Kworb is late...iTunes is more realtime

okay well,it's a good song. congrats :clap3:

Just now, berberocka said:

I legit didnt expect it though, UK only but not US

So you expect the male Adele to sell under Taylors third week number when her first week number was small to you?  How?  And why?

3 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

Weren't you one of many putting down Taylors first week numbers of 353k?   She's on her third week now so Sam an Oscar winner should have easily been able to top iTunes as she will likely only sell 100k in her third week.  The last Oscar winning music star to release sold over one million singles in a single week. Sam has a bunch of catching up to do and judging by how long it took him to get to #1 he ain't coming close.

Why you seemed so pressed? Taylor got her 2 weeks @1 with that terrible song and she'll probably get one more week when the album releases. Let people be shocked at Sam grabbing #1 without it being about Taylor.

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, SilverSky said:

So you expect the male Adele to sell under Taylors third week number when her first week number was small to you?  How?  And why?

Yes...because Taylor is obviously bigger than him in the US

And this "MALE ADELE" thing is only about the music not the success...because he is no way close to Adele in numbers s d

QueenofCopyPaste

If Stay With Me smashed the summer, this would fit well on the fall and winter :jonny:

18 minutes ago, DancingShoes said:

The GP

7 hours ago, DancingShoes said:

Did you do a survey around the US/WW to possibly know that? :toofunny2:

Sam is slaying!

7 minutes ago, berberocka said:

Yes...because Taylor is obviously bigger than him in the US

And this "MALE ADELE" thing is only about the music not the success...because he is no way close to Adele in numbers s d

Well I expect him to do Ed Sheeran numbers as he was bigger then Ed with their last efforts, in the US. So I expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-250k like Ed did.  Or hey even 353k isn't out of the question.

Oh and I'm Not pressed (person above) just calling out how all of a sudden Taylors numbers are so big that Sam can't get a #1 on iTunes for a while in her third week.  Lol   what a shock, sam did that.

Edited by SilverSky

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, SilverSky said:

Well I expect him to do Ed Sheeran numbers as he was bigger then Ed with their last efforts, in the US. So I expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-250k like Ed did.  Or hey even 353k isn't out of the question.

Oh and I'm Not pressed (person above) just calling out how all of a sudden Taylors numbers are so big that Sam can't get a #1 on iTunes for a while in her third week.  Lol   what a shock, sam did that.

Well thats your expectations, cause mine are obviously lower lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.