Hurricane Irma: Impacting Florida

1,868 posts in this topic

But, climate change isn't real y'all. Let's focus our efforts to deporting children instead. :cm:

I'm honestly fearing for my family.  They're in southwest Florida, and the rest of my family is in the southeast part of Cuba.  Everyone in my family is going to get hit and I'm here, safe in NC.  I feel really, really useless right now.  All I have is anxiety right now.  It's bands are so close to those little islands... Last detrimental storm I was in with my family was Hurricane Charley, 2004 Orlando...  Mother Nature gives no ****s :doc:

lawdT I live right by the ocean dddd. I'm going to stay with my boyfriend luckily if we get evacuated but I'm kinda unbothered. I'm not afraid

I know it's kinda rare for East Pacific/ Atlantic to have a Cat 5 Typhoon but we always have at least 2 every year in West Pacific :cm: But 180 mph tho I'm shaking:jonny4:

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

But, climate change isn't real y'all. Let's focus our efforts to deporting children instead. :cm:

I'm so SICK of seeing people there isn't any climate change... What if this pattern continues on into the oncoming years?  Will people finally ****ing wake up?

We are about to be oblierated :jonny3:

Just now, Nina Dobrev said:

I'm so SICK of seeing people there isn't any climate change... What if this pattern continues on into the oncoming years?  Will people finally ****ing wake up?

It infuriates me too. Only in America is the existence of climate change a partisan issue. It's a huge betrayal of politicians for them to denounce it and argue against its existence because their donors don't benefit from acknowledging that reality. 

**** me. This is one of the downsides of living in the Sunshine state. I'm terrified tbh.

Hopefully it gets weaker before it comes here if it does...

Stay safe, everybody :dancehall:

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

I know it's kinda rare for East Pacific/ Atlantic to have a Cat 5 Typhoon but we always have at least 2 every year in West Pacific :cm: But 180 mph tho I'm shaking:jonny4:

It will be catastrophic if Irma maintains its sustained wind until it makes landfall. The same thing happened to the Philippines once Haiyan made landfall with incredible 196 mph winds (the strongest ever recorded). Run for your life guys :frown:

Praying for my BFs safety who is in Florida :weeps: 

18 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Climate Change is real. Man-made weather manipulation is also real. Don't just focus on one. Focus on both. If you research, you'll come to realize that scientists are messing with the weather conditions and intensify these storms. Also, NASA released 80,000 balloons that contained some chemical in the air during the US Solar Eclipse. And days later, the US witnesses two of the biggest and most devastating hurricanes in recent history. Let's all keep our eyes open and instead of pointing fingers towards just one direction, let's point the finger towards everyone involved. 

Just now, Bloo said:

It infuriates me too. Only in America is the existence of climate change a partisan issue. It's a huge betrayal of politicians for them to denounce it and argue against its existence because their donors don't benefit from acknowledging that reality. 

I watched a video recently and it was showing why people don't worry about this type of **** now.  Because it's not affecting their reality.  Politicians and civilians alike.  Politicians moreso because they can pocket whatever ****ing money they can before they give a ****, and more than half those people will die in 30 years time, they don't care.  But hey, let's let our children and their children suffocate in filth and kill each other for resources.

hurricanes hitting most of these sea level / below sea level countries on a constant basis every year if the pattern continues, it won't be pretty and all the donations in the world won't ****ing help.
not to mention, the waters have been 1 degree higher this year, might not sound like alot to most people, but that's enough to keep this **** afloat in the oncoming years.

but **** it, lets keep degrading our homes.  Sorry, had to rant lol, glad someone understands.

Just now, cypriotpcdfan said:

Climate Change is real. Man-made weather manipulation is also real. Don't just focus on one. Focus on both. If you research, you'll come to realize that scientists are messing with the weather conditions and intensify these storms. Also, NASA released 80,000 balloons that contained some chemical in the air during the US Solar Eclipse. And days later, the US witnesses two of the biggest and most devastating hurricanes in recent history. Let's all keep our eyes open and instead of pointing fingers towards just one direction, let's point the finger towards everyone involved. 

Sweetie, that was sarcasm. :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Not that I don't believe you, but are there any sources I can read particularly from where you got your data? 

1 minute ago, Coklek92 said:

It will be catastrophic if Irma maintains its sustained wind until it makes landfall. The same thing happened to the Philippines once Haiyan made landfall with incredible 196 mph winds (the strongest ever recorded). Run for your life guys :frown:

Nnn there was just a Cat 3 Typhoon making landfall next to Hong Kong around the time Harvey struck the US, and brought serious flooding to Macau (the city next to us) and their water and electricity supply stopped for days:deadbanana3: So I really can't imagine what impact would a Cat 5 Typhoon bring to us.:rip: Luckily that didn't happen since 1963 tho

Plus tropical storm Jose already in the Atlantic :deadbanana: 

Just now, Wes said:

Nnn there was just a Cat 3 Typhoon making landfall next to Hong Kong around the time Harvey struck the US, and brought serious flooding to Macau (the city next to us) and their water and electricity supply stopped for days:deadbanana3: So I really can't imagine what impact would a Cat 5 Typhoon bring to us.:rip: Luckily that didn't happen since 1963 tho

Expecting a huge storm surge. That thing kills people the most during a hurricane/typhoon.

i live in southwest florida. I will evacuate to Orlando and if Irma comes for me there im driving to Atlanta. BYE 

9 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

196 mph is like 315km/h, holy ****!!! Was that recently or long ago?

1 minute ago, Coklek92 said:

Expecting a huge storm surge. That thing kills people the most during a hurricane/typhoon.

Yup. And the storm came during a high tide and caused 22 deaths to Macau. Still nothing compared to places like the Philippines that experience this every year though.

1 minute ago, UnusualBoy said:

196 mph is like 315km/h, holy ****!!! Was that recently or long ago?

That was 2013's Typhoon Haiyan. It's the third strongest Typhoon/hurricane in the world after Tip and Patricia

3 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Plus tropical storm Jose already in the Atlantic :deadbanana: 

EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE IN 36-48 HOURS I SIMPLY CAN'T :deadbanana3: