• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

By the way, Brand New has absolutely demolished the record for biggest drop from #1, as Science Fiction plummets to #97 this week. Not surprising, as this is the pattern for extremely sales-fueled acts now. Shows only hardcore fans are buying.

Notable: 94.5% of their units came from pure sales in their first week– just 58.1% this week. Soon a majority of their units will be SEA, despite them only getting 4M streams per week. 

19 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

3rd week seems pretty much on lock.

Sam Smith probably wont debut at #1 and Bodak Yellow wont overtake it this week already

:deadbanana2:really? :eek:

This is insane... i was prepared for a not so successful era after the backlash last year... but for her to come back strongly with not so trendy lead single and still slaying is really shocking. Any other artist would have gone with a safe lead single but not Taylor:alexz::alexz::alexz:

34 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

By the way, Brand New has absolutely demolished the record for biggest drop from #1, as Science Fiction plummets to #97 this week. Not surprising, as this is the pattern for extremely sales-fueled acts now. Shows only hardcore fans are buying.

Notable: 94.5% of their units came from pure sales in their first week– just 58.1% this week. Soon a majority of their units will be SEA, despite them only getting 4M streams per week. 

To be fair, surprise releases tend to be super frontloaded also

taylor solo t10s:

change, love story, you belong with me, fearless, jump then fall = 5

today was a fairytale = 6

mine, back to december, speak now, if this was a movie=10

wanegbt, begin again, i knew you were trouble, red = 14

shake it off, blank space, style, wildest dreams = 18

look what you made me do = 19

wow oh wow. 

@simmnfierzig sorry to bother cause I know it's been posted a thousand times, but do you mind telling me what formula you're using for your predictions? I want to try and start making my own predictions again and I always forget it.

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

3rd week seems pretty much on lock.

Sam Smith probably wont debut at #1 and Bodak Yellow wont overtake it this week already

Sam and Cardi B might not be a threat, but wasnt Alessia/Logic contenders to go #1 in a few weeks? How about them?

1 hour ago, berberocka said:

Chances for Top 10 debut for Sam? 

@simmnfierzig

Not sure. Will look into the numbers later

17 minutes ago, NoMythologies said:

@simmnfierzig sorry to bother cause I know it's been posted a thousand times, but do you mind telling me what formula you're using for your predictions? I want to try and start making my own predictions again and I always forget it.

Sales / 750 + airplay / 900,000 + streams / 160,000

14 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

Sam and Cardi B might not be a threat, but wasnt Alessia/Logic contenders to go #1 in a few weeks? How about them?

I don't think this soon. But that song certainly is a contender, yeah. 

19 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Yeah, especially given its 6+month long run in the Top 10. Maybe it's because its sales have dropped off so much. I really thought Like would hit 2 M, but its only at around 1.6 M and down to 10-11k/week.

"That's What I Like" will reach 2M pure sales, and so will "24K Magic".

21 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Sales / 750 + airplay / 900,000 + streams / 160,000

Thank you! :hug:

2 hours ago, berberocka said:

Chances for Top 10 debut for Sam? 

@simmnfierzig

Top 10 seems very, very likely yeah

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Don't see it. Sales will plummet like WT did after discount.

Doubt they remove the discount before it peaks overall. There have been songs discounted for 15+ weeks

If there's one song I wouldn't mind dethroning Taylor, it would be Logic's. There's no doubt it's gonna be a smash this fall tho. I wouldn't worry about the discount. It has so much room to grow on radio still. I think they're gonna go the Imagine Dragons route (who, in all honesty, have the best game plan when it comes to the discounts), leave the discount until its smashing on radio and then remove it once it has the kind of audience that will keep it from dropping too much. The big question is if it has the potential to smash on radio. I think it will but I understand others being cautious.

Cardi is so close to snatching #2 this week :duca:

How much room to grow does cardi really have left? Is her dethroning Taylor in a couple weeks possible 

4 hours ago, NoMythologies said:

If there's one song I wouldn't mind dethroning Taylor, it would be Logic's. There's no doubt it's gonna be a smash this fall tho. I wouldn't worry about the discount. It has so much room to grow on radio still. I think they're gonna go the Imagine Dragons route (who, in all honesty, have the best game plan when it comes to the discounts), leave the discount until its smashing on radio and then remove it once it has the kind of audience that will keep it from dropping too much. The big question is if it has the potential to smash on radio. I think it will but I understand others being cautious.

Radio lovessss Alessia and this is becoming a bigger hit on streaming than any of her past songs so yeah, it will smash on radio.

@simmnfierzig

How much of a threat do you think Bodak Yellow really is for LWYMMD? And how long do you think it'd take to catch up? I haven't really kept up with its overall performance and am not sure how it's stacking up points wise with LWYMMD.

58 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

How much room to grow does cardi really have left? Is her dethroning Taylor in a couple weeks possible 

Probably during her album release in October but we not sure. Bodak Yellow is slowing down on radio and still far behind Look in sales. Look also ahead a bit in streaming.

12 hours ago, DELE2125 said:

"That's What I Like" will reach 2M pure sales, and so will "24K Magic".

I guess with awards shows and EOY boosts both songs could get there. With Like's longevity, I'm really surprised it was still 400k short.

14 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Last week T200 stats:

• 1,970,956,329 streams (60.5% total activity)
  • 2,038,076 digital tracks (9.4% total activity)
  • 654,673 album sales (30.1% total activity)

5 hours ago, Mr. Duff said:

Can Demi pull a surprise and go top ten this week?

no... October maybe!

8 hours ago, Taylor. said:

@simmnfierzig

How much of a threat do you think Bodak Yellow really is for LWYMMD? And how long do you think it'd take to catch up? I haven't really kept up with its overall performance and am not sure how it's stacking up points wise with LWYMMD.

It's a big threat. Likely going to pass LWYMMD on streaming this tracking week (so Hot 100 in 8 days) and then it's not much more to pass it on the Hot 100 too.