Billboard Charts (September 3-9, 2017)

iHype.

1 hour ago, HolyKatyPerry said:

:ahh:omg

You do realize the 353k figure doesn't include the downloads that were taken off because people pre-ordered the album [which is up to 150k-175k now according to HDD because after all she is an ALBUM SELLER] :deadbanana: Stop making a fool of yourself

As an instant-grat track it will be deducted from pre-orders of Tay's reputation (due on 11/10 via Big Machine), meaning a first-week total in the neighborhood of 100k less.

The article states that the pre-orders are at 100k (not 150-175k).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

9 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Success is relative to each artist. Taylor has mixed results. And the reviews are not great if anybody actually even cares about how the music sounds. So that is not a perfect picture. It should concern even the most deluded of fans. Unless theyre just stats freaks.

And defending her aginst every post just makes you defensive. Overly so. Calm down and let people have an opinion. Its what comment boards are about, y'know.

Let's be real here. It's not like she's pulling horrendous numbers like "Malibu," "Chained To The Rhythm," and "Perfect Illusion."

3 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I'm expecting 1M SPS+ opening for album since she apparently sold 900K in 2012 sales according to Swifties

Literally that's not what that means, it's just to provide context for what these sales numbers mean relative to past years.

But 1M+ SPS is certainly a strong possibility :celestial3:

5 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

I'm expecting 1M SPS+ opening for album since she apparently sold 900K in 2012 sales according to Swifties

Who isn't expecting 1M debut for the album??

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

The debut of LYWMMD is a major increase over the Shake It Off debut, not a decline. 

SIO dropped 35% in sales in its second week. What are your expectations for the second week sales for LWYMMD (using 355k, or better 420k that is mentioned quite often in this thread)?

1 hour ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

lol @ the Swift fans saying they were expecting 250k debut...

The numbers are fantastic but i do think the divisiveness of her will hinder the album success in the long term.

On these basis of the first single...i wont be buying the album. Same as for Katy....these artists need to stock with what they're good at. 

Actually, we really were expecting 250k. Literally 75% of the base at LEAST has been saying anywhere from 200-300k since like May. 

22 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Who isn't expecting 1M debut for the album??

hey do you know where RFI will debut? i need my girl to slay.

I said I am currently working on predictions... Y'all can stop asking :laugh:

Is there no top 10 article yet? Can't find it anywhere 

24 minutes ago, Cyanide said:

Everybody and their mother is expecting over a million. It would be a disaster if it were less, frankly. By her standards.

And no LWYMMD sales are not equivelant to 900k by 2012 standards. Thats a wonky joke formula being used randomly as if it applies to all artists equally. Bad blood sold 385k in a week just 2 years ago and that wasnt even a brand new song.

7 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I said I am currently working on predictions... Y'all can stop asking :laugh:

Is there no top 10 article yet? Can't find it anywhere 

They haven't posted any full article yet for the top 10

Just now, Green said:

They haven't posted any full article yet for the top 10

YIkes :biblio:

1 minute ago, Green said:

Mess. I didn't see it anywhere

it was posted six hours ago :rofl: 

I only saw it because Liam retweeted it :

Edited by Sylar

I see many members are comparing streaming numbers for "Hello" from two years ago and LWYMMD in the present. If we take into account that streaming has increased more than 100% in the last two years (114% actually, according to Nielsen Music mid-year reports from the last two years) that means that first week's streaming numbers for "Hello" in 2015 (61.6 million) would be 131.7 million streams in August 2017.

So Wild Thoughts still the radio #1 :eek:

Cardi and Taylor are gonna be #2 and #1 next week, I can feel it :jonny:

Omg 

34 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Everybody and their mother is expecting over a million. It would be a disaster if it were less, frankly. By her standards.

And no LWYMMD sales are not equivelant to 900k by 2012 standards. Thats a wonky joke formula being used randomly as if it applies to all artists equally. Bad blood sold 385k in a week just 2 years ago and that wasnt even a brand new song.

Lmao you really are sticking to this "artist standard" rule that you've created for yourself. Those numbers are supposed to provide context for how impressive LWYMMD's sales numbers are in 2017 relative to previous years, not that she would have sold that much in previous years.

How about we use actual real numbers then, if that will make you feel better :)

SIO debuted with around 650k SPS, and LWYMMD debuted around 900k SPS. So no matter how hard you try to downplay these numbers, LWYMMD had a fantastic debut week.

And the industry has changed drastically in 2 years, not you trying to downplay that with saying "only two years ago" in regards to Bad Blood's release as a single. Also it was a remix, it essentially was a new song. And people tried to downplay those sales numbers in 2015 as well.

Edited by Headlock

13 minutes ago, Agenor said:

I see many members are comparing streaming numbers for "Hello" from two years ago and LWYMMD in the present. If we take into account that streaming has increased more than 100% in the last two years (114% actually, according to Nielsen Music mid-year reports from the last two years) that means that first week's streaming numbers for "Hello" in 2015 (61.6 million) would be 131.7 million streams in August 2017.

:toofunny2:

12 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Exactly. Be told, people.

And I'd bet good money Hello would still sell a million if released today. She has that broad demograph of fans that are not all streaming kids.

Yeah, Hello would've destroyed the LWYMMD's streaming numbers.

But imagine the power of Harlem Shake and Gangnam Style or even Friday if they blew up now.

:jonny3:

3 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Exactly. Be told, people.

And I'd bet good money Hello would still sell a million if released today. She has that broad demograph of fans that are not all streaming kids.

You have GOT to be kidding me, you literally just called @iHype.'s sales comparison chart a "joke formula", but now you're fine with adjusting charts and numbers when it benefits Adele specifically? :ahh:

Edited by Headlock

Just now, Headlock said:

You have GOT to be kidding me, you literally just called @iHype.'s sales comparison chart a "joke formula", but now you're fine with adjusting charts and numbers? :ahh:

Hm the streaming explosion is very real and taylor has the fan age group who it would very much apply to. I dont know or care what Hello's streams would be today but we know for a fact it would be hugely more than two years ago. No formula needed.