Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

Evanescence - "Imperfection"

104 posts in this topic

IMadeYouReadThis

I don't think this will sound anything like Evanescence. 

I was excited for Synthesis, got BMTL, loved it for the first day, then became indifferent to it. As of now, I don't see Synthesis as Ev music but more like Amy covering Ev :rip: This might be a big mess.

whatyouwant_
1 minute ago, IMadeYouReadThis said:

I don't think this will sound anything like Evanescence. 

I was excited for Synthesis, got BMTL, loved it for the first day, then became indifferent to it. As of now, I don't see Synthesis as Ev music but more like Amy covering Ev :rip: This might be a big mess.

ikr, BMTL new version was a little disappoint for me since i was expecting another direction because of her explanations... :doc:

still very excited for new songs but i'm not holding my breath for how does it sounds... :rip:

IMadeYouReadThis
2 minutes ago, whatyouwant_ said:

ikr, BMTL new version was a little disappoint for me since i was expecting another direction because of her explanations... :doc:

still very excited for new songs but i'm not holding my breath for how does it sounds... :rip:

yeah... plus I havent listened to Ev religiously in the last 5 years so I don't know if I'll ever feel the same way as I did with TOD/Fallen regardless of what they put out

J-esper

Really excited. Don't understand why people say it is Amy covering Ev or not Ev at all.

this is like a cute way to do a GH-esque project, re-imagine their back catalogue and do something new. 

It's like Linkin Park did Reanimation, it's a celebration. I take this over an other hiatus. 

I could see how BMTL dissapointed though, but that is mainly because the song is so iconic. So any new version would end up in Some kind of dissapointment, but we'll see. 

I may be a tad biased since I dreamt for a project like this to happen.

whatyouwant_
2 hours ago, J-esper said:

Really excited. Don't understand why people say it is Amy covering Ev or not Ev at all.

this is like a cute way to do a GH-esque project, re-imagine their back catalogue and do something new. 

It's like Linkin Park did Reanimation, it's a celebration. I take this over an other hiatus. 

I could see how BMTL dissapointed though, but that is mainly because the song is so iconic. So any new version would end up in Some kind of dissapointment, but we'll see. 

I may be a tad biased since I dreamt for a project like this to happen.

When she first announced the project i was thinking something more industrial, a synth rock with a piano but the new BMTL instrumental did nothing to the song. It's like a simple remix for me now :rip:

Now i know the song is what it is and can be ruined with new versions. It's the kind of song that doesn't need a new version. I think this will be a mess on tour :frown:

Anyway, i hope she announces the single this week.

IMadeYouReadThis

I still think a lot of their music can work with the concept, but they REALLY have to rebuild the songs from scratch instead of just making it sound even more crowded. 

BMTL just sounded like they kept on adding and adding stuff until it was just noise. The Doctor Who sounds still baffle me. Also, the final product doesn't sound different enough to be like a WOW moment.

The reason why I said I'm not too hyped about the original music is that it won't sound anything like Evanescence. The Ev songs will still have the Ev-ish feeling to them even if it's more like 'Amy covering the songs' as I said before. I just don't know if we'll be able to find any Ev in the original songs apart from Amy's voice.

whatyouwant_

i know it's fake but i really like the instrumental. It would be great if it was real at this point. 

The 2:15 solo guitar part is like heaven

CoS

Apparently it leaked - they said it's quite a sassy empowerment kinda song...

EDIT: Just heard it, it's quite pop sounding. I love the verses, they have a rhythmic hip-hop vibe. 

CoS

It's on repeat, it's really powerful and catchy. I hope they promote the **** out of this song, it really sounds like a hit even though it's so different from the current music landscape with its dramatic sound.

J-esper

Imperfection is so beautiful and haunting :jonny:

On 3-9-2017 at 9:19 PM, whatyouwant_ said:

When she first announced the project i was thinking something more industrial, a synth rock with a piano but the new BMTL instrumental did nothing to the song. It's like a simple remix for me now :rip:

Now i know the song is what it is and can be ruined with new versions. It's the kind of song that doesn't need a new version. I think this will be a mess on tour :frown:

Anyway, i hope she announces the single this week.

Well it's an experiment, I guess my expectations gave me exactly what I expected :toofunny2:

On 3-9-2017 at 9:33 PM, IMadeYouReadThis said:

I still think a lot of their music can work with the concept, but they REALLY have to rebuild the songs from scratch instead of just making it sound even more crowded. 

BMTL just sounded like they kept on adding and adding stuff until it was just noise. The Doctor Who sounds still baffle me. Also, the final product doesn't sound different enough to be like a WOW moment.

The reason why I said I'm not too hyped about the original music is that it won't sound anything like Evanescence. The Ev songs will still have the Ev-ish feeling to them even if it's more like 'Amy covering the songs' as I said before. I just don't know if we'll be able to find any Ev in the original songs apart from Amy's voice.

Okay now I get what you mean, and I guess I partly agree aswell. Them recreating them from scratch would have been better. Since the new BMTL is basically the Bliss Mix in an orchestra coating. I think this project overall might be too big for her. She worked with David, who also did the orchestral/classical parts on the first 3 albums and he knows those songs already. Maybe a stranger would have been better. but I can't deny that I actually really dig the new BMTL, even if it is a bit noisy.

IMadeYouReadThis
3 hours ago, CoS said:

It's on repeat, it's really powerful and catchy. I hope they promote the **** out of this song, it really sounds like a hit even though it's so different from the current music landscape with its dramatic sound.

I NEED to hear this