Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

9,990 posts in this topic

AbeHicks
10 hours ago, lauren198 said:

Selena needs to bring a surprise element with the new era. For Revival it was the sound. It doesn't look like she'll change the sound again, then her and her team needs think something else: play a instrument? vocal lessons? contemporary dance?:oh: real dark lyrics to go along with the dark music videos? All of these combined would be amazing, but Selena is not the type lbr:toofunny3: (we probably just will get more of the same, she doesn't seem motivated)

Maybe she will bring a new skin color it worked for others :cupid:

Yusuf Utku Sezgin
12 hours ago, lauren198 said:

It doesn't look like she'll change the sound again,

are we sure 👀

Sansa
12 hours ago, lauren198 said:

Selena needs to bring a surprise element with the new era. For Revival it was the sound. It doesn't look like she'll change the sound again, then her and her team needs think something else: play a instrument? vocal lessons? contemporary dance?:oh: real dark lyrics to go along with the dark music videos? All of these combined would be amazing, but Selena is not the type lbr:toofunny3: (we probably just will get more of the same, she doesn't seem motivated)

I agree that she definitely needs to do something special this era that makes it stand out from her other eras and make ppl talk about it, but it needs to be something bigger than playing an instrument and vocal lessons which most don't even notice. She played the piano on the Revival tour, I don't think ppl care if she plays an instrument or not and ppl won't change their mind about her voice regardless if she gets better or not, but as a professional singer she should take vocal lessons anyway. I would love if she has choreography in some of her music videos at least. I think a visual album would solve all that. when every song on the album has its own music video and if she puts effort in the music videos, I wouldn't mind an album full of music videos like bad liar and back to you that are inspired by film, but the lead should be a big budget music video someothing really huge that will go viral and still goes the artistic route and when she works with different directors maybe even film directors for the videos. it would be also great if she does a documentary just before the era starts in which she talks about her health issues and explains how it affects her personal and professional life and shows behind the scenes from making the album to hype ppl up for it, she could also show some scenes from the revival tour because it seemed that it was planned to do a tour dvd before she canceled. there was the theory that her album is inspired by kurt cobain/nirvana, I hope there's some songs like that. that sound is definitely different than anything what's on the radio rn and she again would bring something different that made the critics notice her

lauren198
3 hours ago, Yusuf Utku Sezgin said:

are we sure 👀

Every leaked snippet or demo(Rare) follow Revival's sound.

5 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Maybe she will bring a new skin color it worked for others :cupid:

lol tan doesn't work for Selena at all, it kills her best features and makes her look worn out unless it's made very slightly like at the 2016 AMAS

2 hours ago, Sansa said:

I agree that she definitely needs to do something special this era that makes it stand out from her other eras and make ppl talk about it, but it needs to be something bigger than playing an instrument and vocal lessons which most don't even notice. She played the piano on the Revival tour, I don't think ppl care if she plays an instrument or not and ppl won't change their mind about her voice regardless if she gets better or not, but as a professional singer she should take vocal lessons anyway. I would love if she has choreography in some of her music videos at least. I think a visual album would solve all that. when every song on the album has its own music video and if she puts effort in the music videos, I wouldn't mind an album full of music videos like bad liar and back to you that are inspired by film, but the lead should be a big budget music video someothing really huge that will go viral and still goes the artistic route and when she works with different directors maybe even film directors for the videos. it would be also great if she does a documentary just before the era starts in which she talks about her health issues and explains how it affects her personal and professional life and shows behind the scenes from making the album to hype ppl up for it, she could also show some scenes from the revival tour because it seemed that it was planned to do a tour dvd before she canceled. there was the theory that her album is inspired by kurt cobain/nirvana, I hope there's some songs like that. that sound is definitely different than anything what's on the radio rn and she again would bring something different that made the critics notice her

I wouldn't call that playing the piano, she just played like five notes:toofunny3: She for sure should get back to the vocal lessons before the performances, she usually only take them during the tour rehearsals and that's why her tour performances are better than her tv performances but she should prepare everything about the performances and rehearse everything long before the releases, I think that would make a big difference and give her more confidence when performing. I thought comtemporary dance(like Sia uses in her videos, Pink - Try and Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud) would fit greatly Selena's midtempos and isn't that less physically demanding than aerobic dance? A visual album with a big budgeted video for the lead single is such a great idea!:wink: 

We want the documentary for so long, but Selena is kinda paranoic about sharing things, remember when she rented a place just to answer Vogue's 73 questions?:toofunny3: idk why, she always ends up putting her houses for sale and sites post that and everyone ends up seeing everything anyway:michael: The lupus documentary could be very interesting, she could bring another patients, her doctors. The public don't know much about the illness and a lot of people are diagnosed late when it already caused irreversible damage.

The kurt cobain/nirvana thing...imo it was just a mood/state of mind identification at the time, the people whom she has been working don't scream nirvana to me

AbeHicks
3 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

lol tan doesn't work for Selena at all, it kills her best features and makes her look worn out unless it's made very slightly like at the 2016 AMAS

I was thinking of green skin. Promote photosynthesis raina!

Sansa

@lauren198 I think they show fake houses/apartments with most of their guests but iirc selena was living at an airbnb at the time so this may have been the place she was really living at then. there was a huge teddy bear on her bed which could be the bear she mentioned in the interview with billboard. the documentary should be more about selena herself (her life, her career, behind the scenes stuff, preview of the album etc.) than about the illness because ppl don't want to watch if it's too depressing. I think just a segment of her and francia talking about it is enough. idk she hinted way to much about kurt and nirvana for it not to be an inspiration for her album. I think in some ig story she even called him inspiration? justin tranter is into that music. he performed with courtney love hands to myself at some party. I'm not saying she'll go full on grunge lol that wouldn't work anyway, but pop with some elements of that. I could see her sampling some of their songs like she did with bad liar and psycho killer. I also agree that tan doesn't look good on her features

lauren198

@Sansa It would still be about her an her life but to make it a bit scientific in the part where she would address her illness, not just a poor me thing.

I hope you're right about the Kurt thing, let's wait and see

Sad Serenade
17 hours ago, lauren198 said:

Doing many music videos connected each others cound be a great idea. Like chapters on a book,like this album is a story (about what she went through these years).

She had a smart idea teasing Fetish (video) at the end of Bad Liar's mv. She could do the same for the album,of course her messy team should already planned carefully the whole era. 

Selena’s Bad Liar

she should do the 2017 fetish/bad liar release again.

it really built up hype with the cryptic posts and she did big debut numbers: 10m, 8m, 12m, etc

jxbuggie

So many good ideas but I have little to no faith in her and her teams. We got pretty good promo when revival was released. Hopefully they surprise me in a big way.

AbeHicks
3 hours ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

she should do the 2017 fetish/bad liar release again.

it really built up hype with the cryptic posts and she did big debut numbers: 10m, 8m, 12m, etc

Dual single releases are the thing now

Let the GP choose the single and feed the fans well

Selena’s Bad Liar

People keep saying she’s collaborating with Tinashe where is this coming from?