PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

11 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

Ive only seen the first episode of cult. :gaycat5:

did you only read the first lyric of my song? ?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

let me actually add up all the scores since i can

Hug - The wake up with the sun line is the only super awkward one. In terms of originality this isn't your best because this idea has beeen done to death (no pun intended), but this is still a really cute little song. The rhyme scheme was really strong and the lullaby tea serves it well

Tsareena - Okay wig at this concept, I love that you're always going outside the box. This is a bitchy, bratty little song and it reminds me of @CHANEL™'s fave movie The Neon Demon. The gimmick gets a little tired halfway through, but this is a cute concept and damn if you didn't commit to the theme

Aurora - I like your explanation a lot and it definitely made more sense after that. This is well written as always but I didn't get the most connection between the stanzas. You've done this kinda nature's thesis song before with Mountain, and it still worked. I wonder if it is the lack of a consistent chorus that keeps this from feeling like a single cohesive piece? Idk, great writing and love the orchard stanza. 

Mxtthew - Wig tbh. This is the first song of yours I've read that really snatched me. There's a strong, cohesive plot (Pu$$y McFlurry found dead in a ditch) while still retaining the esoteric nature that you love so much. It's hard to copy and paste on mobile but this line SCALPED me so I am-

For my love, you have broken a promise

And now you cannot keep me either

More of this pls girl

Matty - This concept is really cute and I like the chorus a lot. This also suffers from the same thing that Sam's does, being that the stanzas don't feel terribly connected, at least in terms of sequence or some type of plot. That said, I love the idea of a secret "power" coming from someone's embrace of their cultural identity. Mitski teas.

SaintWest - Out of the songs this round, this probably felt the most normal in that it felt like it would fit alongside most of your other submissions (that's not good or bad, just an observation!). Your imagery with the arms is really wonderful and I love/hate how descriptive it is even though the actual descriptive language is rather minimal. I think you went a bit too blunt on the purple bruise stuff, but still lovely

Uvie -  harm was the only forced rhyme here imo, which is a slay. You're my third ten ever, meaning that your song connected to me somehow in a way I can't explain the best. It reminds me of something Lyyke Li would do, and, though the lines are simple and short, they flow together in a way that each successive simple statement (I break in half / When your back turns) grows more powerful. I can hear the melody and the delivery of the lines in my head, and it's haunting. Loves it.

6 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Mxtthew - Wig tbh. This is the first song of yours I've read that really snatched me. There's a strong, cohesive plot (Pu$$y McFlurry found dead in a ditch) while still retaining the esoteric nature that you love so much. It's hard to copy and paste on mobile but this line SCALPED me so I am-

For my love, you have broken a promise

And now you cannot keep me either

More of this pls girl

:jonny::jonny::jonny: thank you so so much, i'm so touched by this :'(

22 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Uvie -  harm was the only forced rhyme here imo, which is a slay. You're my third ten ever, meaning that your song connected to me somehow in a way I can't explain the best. It reminds me of something Lyyke Li would do, and, though the lines are simple and short, they flow together in a way that each successive simple statement (I break in half / When your back turns) grows more powerful. I can hear the melody and the delivery of the lines in my head, and it's haunting. Loves it.

PL18Pux.gif 

A TEN OMFG

15 minutes ago, MattyTacos said:

@ultraviolence.xx you gonna snatch that #1 this week? :clap3:

not a chance in hell but thanks for the confidence :clap3:  

5 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

not a chance in hell but thanks for the confidence :clap3:  

Ok but you got a 10

Just now, MattyTacos said:

Ok but you got a 10

(which i'll forever cling to as motivation to stay alive) but someone else did too and fefe and cere didn't love my song so i doubt iT :michael:  

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

(which i'll forever cling to as motivation to stay alive) but someone else did too and fefe and cere didn't love my song so i doubt iT :michael:  

stranger things have happened

oSIgI83.gif

ALSO wow uvie ha influence

from strange love: 

"hate that you make me feel like this"

from taylor swift's gorgeous, released friday (after i completed my song):

TkLbIab.png 

26654_original.gif 

Just now, Hug said:

Can we make this phase 2 rounds

that would mean the finale would be next week n

Just now, Jackson said:

that would mean the finale would be next week n

Easier for everyone! :duca: 

i could just do it now if enough people are here or wait if we'd rather

Just now, Jackson said:

i could just do it now if enough people are here or wait if we'd rather

Well, I'm here for 3 mins so I got time to see if I'm knocked out in the bottom 2

qLvujgf.gif