PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

disappointed but not surprised. aurora continues to not let anybody forget who she is and what she's capable of. congrats friend!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

On a more personal note, honestly one of the only things I wanted to achieve this season was a real rap #1 (I don't really count "Easy 2.0"). Let me ignore the fact that it took everyone else being forced to do rap too to get it. :laugh: But it means a lot more being successful with this song than any of the other ones. I'm very thankful.

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

On a more personal note, honestly one of the only things I wanted to achieve this season was a real rap #1 (I don't really count "Easy 2.0"). Let me ignore the fact that it took everyone else being forced to do rap too to get it. :laugh: But it means a lot more being successful with this song than any of the other ones. I'm very thankful.

Welcome to the club honey

1 Aurora Counterfeit
2 SaintWest I Kneel
3 uvie I smell fire
4 Tsareena Asparagus Water
5 Hug Hug's Manifesto
6 keshaspearsxo Billboards
7 mxtthewlrey Mouth Where My Money Is
8 MattyTacos Private Sanctuary

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

mxtthewlrey

you missed a few letters

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

you missed a few letters

she doesn't deserve them

Just now, Jackson said:

she doesn't deserve them

it's fine, sis will find haself some good D and some cheap E, am I right @mxtthewdelrey

fMByWjU.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

P H A S E 3

ROUND 9 : PICK YOUR POISON

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, you're probably all gonna hate this challenge, but it was designed as such! This was the first challenge I designed for this season, and I'm as excited about it as you aren't! Basically, I'll be giving you a list of 5 hard challenges. You must each pick any two of them and write a song using those restrictions. These are designed to make you rethink what it means to be a songwriter and make every single word of your song count. The restrictions are as follows:

1. no rhyming

2. no use of the letter "D"

3. no polysyllabic words

4. write a song with exactly 200 words

5. no repeated words (you get a pass on "a", "and", and "the")

ENTRIES DUE THURSDAY AT 11:59 PM EST

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

**** you

thank you

i feel like two of these are easier than the rest but maybe that's just me

when i read the list of things we have to choose from to not do

dbdd2491f623b6ac4855b3415ed04b48.png

when i realised i have to pick TWO of these things and not just one

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-14%20at%2010.34.36%20PM.png

ill just tell you now, the next round is a lot more fun so look towards the light at the end of the tunnel!

in terms of most restrictive to least restrictive, just imo:

1. no polysyllabic words (this is evil, this **** just sounds boring af to read imo, a baby A-Z book "the cow goes moo" tea)

2. no use of the letter "d" (I feel like this doesn't even sound as hard as it probably would be)

3. no repeated words (considering we're allowed articles, it's not as hard as it could be… otherwise I'd put it at #2 without article repeats)

4. no rhyming (we've done this before and while challenging, it's definitely not essential for a great song and not necessarily hard to avoid)

5. write a song with exactly 200 words (if anything I feel like this could be a tool rather than a poison; short songs tend to do well, make every word count etc.)

that's just my opinion tho… I have no idea what combination I'm going to do at a first glance though. :rip: Maybe one of the "easier" ones and one of the "harder" ones just to push myself tbh.

8 minutes ago, Jackson said:

thank you

the blurred word was love :-* 

i wonder if Hug's done his first draft yet

wait I just realised you can't even repeat "I" or "I'm" or anything like that, this criteria alone is like a couple challenges rolled in one (the no first-person pronouns one pears made comes to mind… Enigma challenge?).

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

in terms of most restrictive to least restrictive, just imo:

1. no polysyllabic words (this is evil, this **** just sounds boring af to read imo, a baby A-Z book "the cow goes moo" tea)

2. no use of the letter "d" (I feel like this doesn't even sound as hard as it probably would be)

3. no repeated words (considering we're allowed articles, it's not as hard as it could be… otherwise I'd put it at #2 without article repeats)

4. no rhyming (we've done this before and while challenging, it's definitely not essential for a great song and not necessarily hard to avoid)

5. write a song with exactly 200 words (if anything I feel like this could be a tool rather than a poison; short songs tend to do well, make every word count etc.)

that's just my opinion tho… I have no idea what combination I'm going to do at a first glance though. :rip: Maybe one of the "easier" ones and one of the "harder" ones just to push myself tbh.

these are the two i will probably go with, they seem the least restrictive and like you said might actually push for something more creative/out of the box

Just worked out a first draft, gonna try to edit it some & toy with other concepts and see where that leads me this week. :duca: Hopefully I can rebound before it's too late.

1 hour ago, MattyTacos said:

Just worked out a first draft, gonna try to edit it some & toy with other concepts and see where that leads me this week. :duca: Hopefully I can rebound before it's too late.

my impact i guess

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

i wonder if Hug's done his first draft yet

The first draft of my noose? Yes but it flopped like everything else I do.

Anyway I'm doing no rhymes and no words with the letter d and you guys are getting a poem, sorry