'American Idol' Struggling to Find New Judges

ilovemusic432

ilovemusic432

0816-ryan-seacrest-katy-perry-american-i

The "American Idol" reboot seems to be in crisis -- honchos still haven't locked down a second, third and possibly fourth judge, with only 6 weeks until cameras roll. 

Our 'Idol' sources tell us ... none of the previous front-runners -- Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth, Luke Bryan or Keith Urban -- are any closer to signing than they were a few weeks ago. We're told record producer Nile Rodgers has now been tossed in the mix.

The issue with Lionel, we're told, is his team's asking around $10 mil ... double what they want to pay. 'A.I.' producers are also still debating whether to go with 3 or 4 judges. At this point it all comes down to money, but it sounds like they'd like 4.

Auditions for 'Idol' hopefuls kick off Thursday in Orlando, but filmed auditions in front of the judges don't begin until the end of Sept. Source/Read More

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 million for Katy Perry was the nail in the coffin tbh, and considering she's a horrible live vocalist, that's not doing the show any favors in terms of credibility

Party Monster

I don't understand why they paid Katy 25mil. That was just a bad move. Is she even gonna bring in the viewers...

• ATRL Moderator

Wait Katy Perry is judging this vocal talent show? Idk if anyone could take her seriously critiquing someone's pitch or something...

Ok I guess. Looks like that's a wrap

A mess. Didn't they have that finale goodbye show too? Just so they can try and "reboot" the franchise? :rip:

This is going to be such a mess I can't imagine it ending well for anyone on board. 

KillingYourCareer
16 minutes ago, musicman101 said:

25 million for Katy Perry was the nail in the coffin tbh, and considering she's a horrible live vocalist, that's not doing the show any favors in terms of credibility

At least she's a singer unlike most of the past judges. That's a step in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

At least she's a singer unlike most of the past judges. That's a step in the right direction.

most the judges were singers though :rip:

Paula

Harry

Keith

J.LO

even Nicki

Dangerous Woman

Just the thought of Katy judging singing :ahh: I mean she IS a singer, tho not a brilliant one. Sum1 will drag her just like that man dragged Demi :dies:

28 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Honestly they should just run one iconic season of just Katy judging on her own at the giant desk:ahh:

That would be so freaking iconic. I need it to happen. 

Im sure they could get a few alum of the show to do it.

Kris Allen, Jordin Sparks, Adam Lambert, Kellie Pickler... etc etc

Im sure any of them would jump at the chance.

28 minutes ago, Dangerous Woman said:

Just the thought of Katy judging singing :ahh: I mean she IS a singer, tho not a brilliant one. Sum1 will drag her just like that man dragged Demi :dies:

why did i imagine a contestant signing a taylor song to her after reading your post :skull:

Archived