'Life of Kylie Jenner' branded fake & boring

51 posts in this topic

43098B9F00000578-0-image-a-1_15024649882

Kylie Jenner's new reality show, The Life Of Kylie, has been thrown into turmoil after being branded 'fake' and 'boring' by critics and viewers alike. 

The entire Kardashian-Jenner family are said to be 'panicking' about the future of the E! spin-off, and are 're-cutting' upcoming episodes to include more drama after disappointing ratings for the debut show.

A source told The Sun: 'The show was a disaster – no-one liked it. The whole family is panicking and the rest of the series is now being re-cut to make it more exciting. 

'Everyone’s worried that Kylie’s life isn’t exciting enough for viewers who want drama and fighting. They want to include more footage of her sister, Kim, as they think people will tune in to watch then.' 

Viewers took to social media in their droves to blast the debut episode of the show, which aired on Sunday and featured Kylie, 20, sharing her struggles with fame and attending her first therapy session.  

432C363D00000578-4782582-image-a-20_1502

Critics also believed the show to be contrived and somewhat depressing. 

'Unlike Keeping Up With The Kardashians — which has found the magical balance between real issues (armed robberies, substance abuse, infertility, etc.) and the lighthearted escapism fans still desire — Life of Kylie is like its star: searching for purpose, but mostly very, very sad,' said Sadie Genis of TV Guide.

Ratings posted by Showbuzz revealed that Sunday's premiere 30-minute episode drew in 1.12 million overall viewers.

The second episode directly followed with a drop in numbers to 1.08 million. 

By comparison, Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna received nearly 2.04 million in total viewership, while Keeping Up With The Kardashians received nearly 1.48 million viewers in March. 

SOURCE

only life I am interested in, is life of the Kylie (Minogue)

tumblr_otttkghdSb1sg888so1_400.gif

Trying to dethrone the superior Kardashian mogul.

83630327.jpg

Critics also disliked KUWTK, when the early seasons are undeniably television gold.

I actually thought it was quite good, and this is for someone who thought it would be boring (as most of her KUWTK appearances are).

Obviously there would be some haters as per.

What's pathetic is they CHOSE to watch it, knowing how much they hate her.

Well Kylie herself is fake and boring so what were people expecting?

Good she's doing well with her products, she should just stick to that before she starts fading into irrelevancy the next few years.

11 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Critics also disliked KUWTK, when the early seasons are undeniably television gold.

I actually thought it was quite good, and this is for someone who thought it would be boring (as most of her KUWTK appearances are).

!!!!

well duh

99% of reality shows are panned, what were you expecting?

14 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

The early seasons of KUWTK were fun though because the girls were funny. Kylie is "pretty girl funny", as in not really.

For as much flack as Kim gets, I think she's charming and likable. Kylie should stay on IG cuz she has no ounce of charisma.

Oh wow a reality show about a celebrity that it's considered fake?

tenor.gif

Kylie is fake and she's easily the most boring one tbh. Is anyone really surprised?

14 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Most of the people who watched the show were probably KUWTK fans, and the heir were disappointed by the content. It's like going to see the sequel to a movie you liked, and it being overwhelmingly disappointing. I personally don't watch it on TV, only interesting clip I see on YouTube sometimes, and it's..interesting sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Roman Holiday said:

The early seasons of KUWTK were fun though because the girls were funny. Kylie is "pretty girl funny", as in not really.

For as much flack as Kim gets, I think she's charming and likable. Kylie should stay on IG cuz she has no ounce of charisma.

+1 she's the worst of all of them. :deadbanana3: I loved KUWTK, but never understood why she started getting so much attention. 

Just now, nathanspears said:

Kylie is fake and she's easily the most boring one tbh. Is anyone really surprised?

drag it

nathanspears

A show based on Kylie Jenner is boring and fake? Shocking.

I'm a fan of the Kardashians and have watched the entire thing like 3 times including the spin offs but I'm not watching this one because she is so boring :skull:

She has 0 personality... she literally does nothing...

The show still pulled in 1.1M viewers which are great numbers btw.  :fan:

what a plot twist

9 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

The early seasons of KUWTK were fun though because the girls were funny.

I agree, i'm just saying critics can't be trusted and their opinion is irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Chance said:

Most of the people who watched the show were probably KUWTK fans, and the heir were disappointed by the content. It's like going to see the sequel to a movie you liked, and it being overwhelmingly disappointing. I personally don't watch it on TV, only interesting clip I see on YouTube sometimes, and it's..interesting sometimes. 

I guarantee most of those tweets weren't KUWTK fans.

i watched ir and cringed so hard I couldnt take it seriously. She tried so hard to show us shes a real person and doesnt care about the fame and money and that she doesnt even really want it and that its so hard.. but meanwhile she got a reality show, make up products and all that ****. I never really kept up with her but shes even more shallow than I thought shed be

6 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I'm a fan of the Kardashians and have watched the entire thing like 3 times including the spin offs but I'm not watching this one because she is so boring :skull:

She has 0 personality... she literally does nothing...

Same. Like literally all of It speaks to me. Love the Kardashians - won't waste my time on that. 

Well, when a fake, boring person is the star of the show, what do you expect?

59bf629bbfedcf9ec429baf9eaa7238b5a90f60d