Zero Tolerance for Hate Speech Read more... ×

Aladdin (2019) | A Whole New Trailer

582 posts in this topic

inspiration4

What on earth Who signed off on this? :rip: 

The casting is WTF; Jafar being 25 and sounding 12, Jasmine being basic af, Will Smith playing himself.

The cgi looks off. Maybe they were intentionally nodding to the films animated origins(?), but it just looks cheap. That cave scene? :skull: 

The setting and styling don’t match the original. Sure the that setting was fictional, but it felt more Arabian, and this feels wayyy more Indian, especially the styling and the Bollywood-esque street dancing. Wtf? 

The score and Aladdin’s casting were the only wins. 

Ivan_brit

Im sorry This Looks Bad! :deadbanana2:

Is a Jafar a Teenager? :dies: 

Everything involved with Will Smith end up floping 

Blood Magic

Welp, so many people are hating this, just look at the youtube likes/dislikes ratio. I can't even defend it because some arguments are valid. I'm worried now for this movie's performance. :dancehall: 

Eóghan

this is gettin' a ghostbuster level backlash, unbelievable :ahh:

bad marketing is through the roof

Eóghan
7 hours ago, Ressti said:

Even the desert scenes look fake????? And they could have literally gone to either Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia or ANY of the eastern Arab countries like they did for Star Wars.

this is the worst thing about this trailer for me

shooting in morocco is cheap af and they have flawless desert locations and yet it looks they build sets with some cgi, this is just sad

cancel it

Ressti
2 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

shooting in morocco is cheap af and they have flawless desert locations and yet it looks they build sets with some cgi, this is just sad

cancel it

Literally and they even have a studio there with all kinds of settings. Atlas Studios is massive.

Like, if HBO can afford to shoot in Morocco, then Disney has no excuse :rip: 

Image result for atlas studio morocco

I don't get it at all. Lame as ****.

Brunette Ambition

not every villain has to be a dom top. :rip: i like jafar 

Eóghan
16 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

not every villain has to be a dom top. :rip: i like jafar 

we ask for some rupaul charisma not your average atrler :skull:

DONTYELLATME
1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

cancel it

1 hour ago, Ressti said:

Literally and they even have a studio there with all kinds of settings. Atlas Studios is massive.

Like, if HBO can afford to shoot in Morocco, then Disney has no excuse :rip: 

Image result for atlas studio morocco

I don't get it at all. Lame as ****.

They actually filmed parts of the movie in Jordan. 

https://www.thelocationguide.com/2017/11/disneys-live-action-aladdin-now-filming-in-jordan/

VII

Did somebody say dom top?

Not worried about the hate

I've always felt this was gonna do better overseas than domestic anyways

Some ppl have commented that ppl in brazil or other SA country have no complaints about it

And the genie CGI is apparently unfinished

This preview/still of the "finished" version looks tolerable at least unlike that abomination in the trailer

Aladdin5c60d65d98d1c-1.jpg

VII

And to be fair, a cartoony blue demon-like genie was always gonna be harder to translate to live action than an animal-like human/beast or literal animals from Africa

IMO they should've just stuck with regular Will Smith like in the EW pics (not the cover)

Leptine

I was lowkey here to defending it... but damn this looks bad :toofunny3:

It seems one of those unofficial movie that they used to release straight to VHS in the 90s.

A Bomb

How are they going to ruin Aladdin like this? :biblio: Hot Jafar was all I had, but he looks like Tarzan, and  sounds like Jane. 

Not to mention the **** they pulled with the Jasmine casting. The first brown disney princess deserves better than this ****! 

PopMusicJunkie

I know Grace isn't well-liked, but she was fairly optimistic in her breakdown.  

I'm hoping this movie performs against all odds. 

Blood Magic
2 hours ago, Venturo said:

And to be fair, a cartoony blue demon-like genie was always gonna be harder to translate to live action than an animal-like human/beast or literal animals from Africa

IMO they should've just stuck with regular Will Smith like in the EW pics (not the cover)

This. Everyone was complaining when he wasn't blue and looked just fine and now look where we are.

Horizon Flame
6 hours ago, letscauseascene1 said:

Jafar with that voice? BAHAHA

I love you!

Domination

Looks pretty bad but it could be alright. Some thoughts:

- Aladdin looks boring and inexpressive. He didn't say one word in the trailer and when he was on screen he was just standing there like a deer in headlights.

- Jasmine doesn't really look interesting enough. Yes, she's beautiful, but even Kim Kardashian's halloween costume would have been better.

- Don't mind Jafar. Honestly didn't even really think anything of him upon first viewing.

- The genie looks... weird. I like that they went with a "sexier" look but they should have spend some more time on character design to really work out some of the animated aspects that don't translate to live action as well. Basically a reverse Jasmine where they just threw Will Smiths face on a CGI version of animated genie.

- Looks a little over produced. The shot of Agrabah looked like Naboo from Star Wars.

- The Cave of Wonders looks SO underwhelming. As a child, when it opens, it left everyone wigless. In the trailer... it's a hole... in the wall.

LoveLiveMusic
On 2/11/2019 at 5:56 PM, Venturo said:

I think I read that he won't be blue all the time, I'm thinking like if they're in the market he'll be normal color etc. and then in some other places like the palace he'll be blue.