Despacito hits 3 billion, now most watched video on YouTube

Inverted

9 minutes ago, enxe said:

I don't know what people find so appealing about it...

Congrats tho. :fan:

The music video is pure art

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inverted

• One Nation

• ToxDuris

• dwuw

Now that it's the most watched video of all time, can they make a Bieber version of it. Just to help it extend at #1 on the Hot 100. :fan:

And a discount wouldn't hurt too. :fan:

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Congratulations? :rip: 

People posting this kind of comments as if it is some kind of achievement :toofunny3:

And still some ATRL members don't accept the fact this is, along with Macarena, the biggest spanish song ever :eddie:

3 minutes ago, Arcane_Sky said:

Now that it's the most watched video of all time, can they make a Bieber version of it. Just to help it extend at #1 on the Hot 100. :fan:

And a discount wouldn't hurt too. :fan:

No thanks to the Bieber music video. Because the superior original only has a music video, it's going to be the version that's remembered.

Discount, yes. They should do it when it starts to slow down and I'll start gifting. :fan:

Edited by Inverted

1 minute ago, AshleeSimpsonFan said:

And still some ATRL members don't accept the fact this is, along with Macarena, the biggest spanish song ever :eddie:

LUL La Macarena is ICONIC. People will forget this in 12 months.

I didn't even know SYA was the most viewed video on YouTube at a point in time :rip: 

Anyway, congrats to them. Major achievement! I find it sad that music videos are the most viewed things on YouTube when it wasn't supposed to be a music streaming service, though. May as well rebrand because the "You" part seems archaic when corporations are mostly the biggest things on the platform.

2 minutes ago, AshleeSimpsonFan said:

One of the bigger songs of all time period :cm: Global.

12 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

I've never seen it before and don't plan to.

pls don't. it's crap. <3

Congrats to them!

Wonder how many clicked thinking Biebs was in the video :fan: 

Latino excellence :clap3:

Lemme go give it another view :gaycat2:

Latinos won , talent won , Trump lost.

Resultado de imagen para whitney atrl gif

Edited by Milo

6 minutes ago, ToxDuris said:

LUL La Macarena is ICONIC. People will forget this in 12 months.

Delusional. :rip: That's exactly what people said about Closer and it's still selling. Despacito definitely won't be forgotten if a less global Spanish-language hit like Danza Kuduro came out over 7 years ago and is still being streamed and bought.

Edited by Inverted

10b will be the new VEVO certification soon :rip:

Just now, Inverted said:

Delusional. :rip: That's exactly what people said about Closer and it's still selling. Despacito definitely won't be forgotten if a less global hit like Danza Kuduro came out over 7 years ago and it's being streamed and bought.

It's cute when ATRL stans for #1's and success but one thing is stanning for hits over quality and other is calling every irrelevant #1 an ICONIC piece of art.

La Macarena >>> Every Chainsmoker and Reggaeton song.

YouTube Comments:

Sorry Paul, you ran out of gas! Despacito #1!

:doc::rip: 

Edited by TSLGNMA

Metamorphosis

Damn is the song really all that though? :rip:

5 minutes ago, TSLGNMA said:

YouTube Comments:

:doc::rip: 

OMG :ahh:Ruthless :ahh:

10 minutes ago, ToxDuris said:

It's cute when ATRL stans for #1's and success but one thing is stanning for hits over quality and other is calling every irrelevant #1 an ICONIC piece of art.

La Macarena >>> Every Chainsmoker and Reggaeton song.

First, I don't see anybody here calling any song an "iconic piece of art." You're obviously bitter because Despacito, Closer, etc. are huge hits with longevity while songs by artists you stan for can't get the recognition that you feel they deserve. My sympathies. 

And it's amusing how you talk of "quality" and then insist a very typical, throwaway 90s dance remix is better than than an actually well-produced song. Laughable. Then again, I'm sure you think Just Dance and Bad Romance are "iconic pieces of art." Meanwhile Despacito will be in Macarena and Gangnam Style territory so it will be remembered, and yes, iconic.

Edited by Inverted

33 minutes ago, J-boy said:

THE BOOST is coming :duca:

BookmarkT :eatpopcorn:

It won't be forever

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

First, I don't see anybody here calling any song an "iconic piece of art." You're obviously bitter because Despacito, Closer, etc. are huge hits with longevity while songs by artists you stan for can't get the recognition that you feel they deserve. My sympathies. 

And it's amusing how you talk of "quality" and then insist a very typical, throwaway 90s dance remix is better than than an actually well-produced song. Laughable. Then again, I'm sure you think Just Dance and Bad Romance are "iconic pieces of art." Meanwhile Despacito will be in Macarena and Gangnam Style territory so it will be remembered, and yes, iconic.

What is this mess of a post :rip:

Why would I be "bitter" over a song being #1 on a chart, gurl I have a real life to be worried about.

The only here that's bitter is you when you are told the generic #1's you stan for will never be iconic. But if you consider See You Again and Despacito worth of iconic titles in 20 more years good for you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.