The Dark Tower - 17% RT

49 posts in this topic

nan0Gy9ATMadLJbmwFA3Yw.jpeg

MC: 34 / RT: 17%

Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), the last Gunslinger, is locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim (Matthew McConaughey), also known as the Man in Black. The Gunslinger must prevent the Man in Black from toppling the Dark Tower, the key that holds the universe together. With the fate of worlds at stake, two men collide in the ultimate battle between good and evil. A continuation of Stephen King's novel series of the same name.

Sony can never get anything right. Tragic cause it's a iconic company.

I assumed this would do well critically, guess not :rip:

I heard Matthew McConaughey picked this movie over Guardians of the Galaxy 2 

giphy.gif

Well, that stinks. 

I'm shocked (no I'm not). 

Well, it was written by Akiva Goldsman who wrote Batman and Robin so who's really surprised? :skull:

yikes 

Nooooo :weeps: 

1 hour ago, Lamb4life said:

Well, it was written by Akiva Goldsman who wrote Batman and Robin so who's really surprised? :skull:

who also wrote: Cinderella Man, I Am Legend & A Beautiful Mind

they're making a movie out of the series ?? :rip: I just downloaded all the books only last month 

5 hours ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

I just downloaded all the books only last month 

prepare for the most disappointing ending ever

i mean, it has four screenwriters. it was to be expected :skull: 

Mess. Just gonna wait until it's out on Blu-ray and catch the TV show live

I tortured myself and read all of the books a couple years ago. I can't imagine how they thought a movie or even series of movies could possibly capture everything going on in the books. A long-form TV series was always the only way to go.

How the **** are you not going to put the two best characters of the books, Eddie and Susannah, in the movie? :lipton:

Okay why did they change the most important and interesting characters like that :rip: I knew this was gonna be a mess

Not surprised the books would never make a good movie. It deserves a cute netflix series.

Matthew wyd :dancehall2:

This was obvious right from that campy trailer that turned the story into some generic YA action flick. Really sad, Idris and Matthew deserve better.

Matt's been on a losing streak hasn't he? Imagine going from slaying the world with True Detective, Dallas Buyers Club etc to leading studio disasters like this all within the span of 3 years.

Matty wyd

30 minutes ago, DAP said:

Matt's been on a losing streak hasn't he? Imagine going from slaying the world with True Detective, Dallas Buyers Club etc to leading studio disasters like this all within the span of 3 years.

Matty wyd

Was just talking to a friend about this yesterday. Weird how his career died suddenly after those Lincoln car commercials :skull: 

Not surprised, it sounds pathetic. Probably just seen the best parts in tbe trailer too

Matthew should just go back to rom-coms, he wasn't meant for this kind of career, he got lucky in 2014.

Soooo time to read the books!

13 hours ago, Hook Up said:

I assumed this would do well critically, guess not :rip:

Stephen King hasn't been pretty fortunate with the movie adaptations of his projects for years now...

This was actually a REALLY good movie. And I thought I would absolutely hate it, but it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. I really would love to know what was so bad about it. Had a great hint of horror, sci-if, and fantasy. 5/5