Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

263 posts in this topic

Love anything Brandon Sanderson. A true master.

Right now I am trying to read through The Fifth Season, but it is a rough read.

Currently I'm reading "Bella Germania", a book about 3 generations of an Italian/German family. Just started but It's already very good. I love the vibe of melancholy mixed with the bella vita feeling of the Italian side. 

I also read a factual book about psychology. It's about finding your inner child and how to make It happy, so your grown up self can find happiness too. 

I'm sorry If I didn't find the right words, I'm not a native speaker but It's a wonderful book with so many interesting points. Pretty deep stuff mixed with little challenges for you to do. It's quite a therapy session sometimes which is fantastic for someone who never really thought about why I handle stuff this way and why I react that way in certain situations. I've learned a lot about myself already. :gaycat5:

I highly recommend 'The Shadow of What Was Lost' by James Islington.

29467247.jpg

Very fast paced Fantasy book. Reads sort of like a YA but! has the elements of adult fantasy.

Also can someone hold a gun to GRRM head and make his ass use more than one finger to type TWOW.

On 19.1.2017 at 2:30 PM, Daddy said:

I also read a factual book about psychology. It's about finding your inner child and how to make It happy, so your grown up self can find happiness too. 

what's that book called :eek:

currently reading girl in pieces by kathleen glasgow. i'm over a hundred pages in and it's so good so far :heart2: 

I just finished reading The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison, it was quite good I think it's gonna be a trilogy. Now I'm about to start reading Little Deaths by Emma Flint. I've had it for a week now but still haven't gotten round to starting it :toofunny2: I'm trying to read as many books as possible this year.

Currently reading Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's alright so far.

I am now reading this book and it is awesome. If you guys like non-fiction books I would recommend Incognito, too.

611-2Y5bzFL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

6 minutes ago, Yves said:

Currently reading Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's alright so far.

Read the entire series and it always bored me. I would literally fall asleep in class reading it.

Taking me forever to read Bird Box. I got to a boring part nad haven't really kept up. :deadbanana:

In the mean time i started At Rope's End. 

Dr. James Verraday is a professor of forensic psychology specializing in eyewitness recall and criminal profiling. He’s a brilliant original thinker with a passion for social justice and a very antagonistic relationship with authority, especially the police force. So when Detective Constance Maclean appears in Verraday’s lecture hall at the end of one of his classes, he bristles. But the body of a young woman has just been found in a cranberry bog south of Seattle, and Maclean is convinced that this murder is tied to an earlier killing.

Sounds good. :duca: 

Does anyone know a spotify(apple music like site for books? :celestial5:

Does something like that even exists? :biblio:

Going through such a reading phase again at the moment. Literally getting through a book a day. I can go months without reading but as soon as I get a book that grips me, I get obsessed :rip:

I read The Girl With All The Gifts my M.R Carey which has now become hands down my favourite modern fiction novel and then another book of his called Fellside - which was oddly like a cross between Orange Is The New Black and Insidious :rip: -

Just started re-reading the Percy Jackson series too. Despite them borrowing a lot from Harry Potter, I can still see why I loved it so much as a teenager. 

30 minutes ago, carameldisco said:

check your local library. a lot of libraries offer the overdrive service, which has a huge selection of ebooks you can borrow.

On 19/01/2017 at 1:29 PM, Wafflecakes said:

Love anything Brandon Sanderson. A true master.

Yes, yes, YES! Probably my fave author rn; I cannot wait for the 3rd volume of the "Stormlight Archive". Love how he tells stories and creates characters. Kaladin is probably one of my favourites ever.

13 hours ago, carameldisco said:

Kindle Unlimted is 10 dollars a month and Scribd is 9 dollars a month. You won't get the popular releases, but they have a pretty big collection. 

I bought 2 years of Kindle Unlimited (and a Kindle) for my mom as a gift during 40% off Cyber Monday. She's obsessed with it. 

Someone recently bought me The Woman In Cabin 10. Is it good? Loved Gone Girl & enjoyed Girl On the Train and I assume it's in that genre.

2 hours ago, Pavement Princess said:

Someone recently bought me The Woman In Cabin 10. Is it good? Loved Gone Girl & enjoyed Girl On the Train and I assume it's in that genre.

It's okay, IMO. It's very much in the vein of Gone Girl and GOTT. The solution, however, is more simple than the convoluted solutions for the other books. It's Gone Girl-lite, basically. Another good one is Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris, which is about a woman whose marriage seems perfect on the outside, but inside she is trapped and has been desperately trying to escape for years.

17 hours ago, velocity said:

what's that book called :eek:

It's a German book sis :emofish:

4 hours ago, Daddy said:

It's a German book sis :emofish:

that's fine sis, i'm from Austria :party:

20 hours ago, carameldisco said:

Unfortunately, I don't think so :( 

On 1/22/2017 at 5:52 PM, DevonDreams said:

Read the entire series and it always bored me. I would literally fall asleep in class reading it.

Mess. I agree. It's kinda boring but I want to watch the new Netflix series so.

i hate reading but i told myself that i have to read at least 10 books this year!

are there any books about a woman who is insane, weird etc. kinda like gone girl

11 minutes ago, wehan6 said:

i hate reading but i told myself that i have to read at least 10 books this year!

are there any books about a woman who is insane, weird etc. kinda like gone girl

judging you rn

but the kind worth killing by peter swanson is really, really good