Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

35,803 posts in this topic

At this point I'm wondering if the album is coming in August. I mean there's no sign of her being in "Music Mode". No word on any visuals being shot and no upcoming festival performance or anything planned. The only thing we have to gauge in the summer is the BET Awards (June 30th) and the VMAs (August 26th).  I don't see her doing the BET Awards even though I would love it she hasn't performed there in 11 years and she's more relevant than ever now in the black community. 

OR 

She waits until August to release. She can drop close to the VMAs (August 23rd or August 30th [Grammy Deadline is the 31st] ) and grace the September cover of Vogue US with her Fenty collection [the cover usually drops the 3rd week of August]. 

I'm hoping for

Lead Single - June 14th

2nd single/(Promo) - August 9th

Album - August 23rd. 

Vogue USA September Issue must be hers now - in the year she got her own fashion house with LVMH, who else is worthy??? smh 

10 minutes ago, Mau ® said:

Vogue USA September Issue must be hers now - in the year she got her own fashion house with LVMH, who else is worthy??? smh 

the absolute CLOWNERY if she doesnt get it

she will tho

On 5/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, Mau ® said:

If she’s going to Cannes is there a chance the documentary will be shown?

the fact we’ve known about this damn documentary since 2015 :deadbanana4:

at this point it has to be at least 6 hours long

If she doesn't get the September issue

D1QnVF0VAAAY_od.jpg

Tbh no point in predicting considering how unpredictable she is, but it's pretty obvious to me she's near done with the album (like 90%) if not 100% done.

Last time she was in the studio with Kuk was 5 months ago, he's been back at work for like 3 weeks and they've yet to hit up the studio together; she did go there without him in March but it was to make Jenn & her son listen to her new music; makes me think the album is about done.

Her closest industry friend (besides Jay-Z) The Dream said she was about done with it 3 months ago "if it wasn't for fashion week (= Fenty)" which supports what Rih herself said in January about the creation of her fashion house being the reason her album wasn't done yet. Now that the latter is here the album must be near too. Fenty had already been in the works for over a year when Rih said the album was coming in 2019 so she most likely already had a plan for both back then.

so, is she coming?

qNqaLFa.png

Our reliable insider here says June, if not sometime in the summer, correct? 

Sis isn't coming

qNqaLFa.png

"take a look. these are the idiots making decisions for WOMEN in America. Governor Kay Ivey...SHAME ON YOU!!!!" - on Twitter

almost 300k likes. 

D6svbirWkAMfkob.jpg

On 5/14/2019 at 5:04 AM, M A R C said:

Did y'all hear about this? :deadbanana:

not toilet paper :rip: 

8 hours ago, Rocky X said:

"take a look. these are the idiots making decisions for WOMEN in America. Governor Kay Ivey...SHAME ON YOU!!!!" - on Twitter

almost 300k likes. 

D6svbirWkAMfkob.jpg

It’s actually over 400k

I’m always amazed at her twitter stats. She usually gets so many likes and RT’s compared to her peers

Halsey's Nightmare video. Omg musician Rihanna is seething deep deep down wherever she is.

qNqaLFa.png

Is all that ugly green jewellery and sunglasses she been wearing part of her fashion line. If it is she can keep it 

perched for the navys reactions when there is still no sign of music by July

FcvNfb.gif

2 hours ago, J-cLOUD said:

perched for the navys reactions when there is still no sign of music by July

FcvNfb.gif

:rip: 

The gap is longer than Una ---> Anti now right?

Posted (edited)

I kinda don't want music to clash with the release of Fenty Maison because that should have it's own moment independent of her music prowess.

I can't help but feel like Fenty Maison is being rushed with no time to build hype??

Q1+Q2 being R9 focused and Q3+Q4 Fenty focused with a September release would've made more sense to me. I don't really understand why they chose this timeline.

Some of her team in Paris right now:

D6xtJqPX4AEDqa5.jpg

4 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Some of her team in Paris right now:

D6xtJqPX4AEDqa5.jpg

What for?

3 minutes ago, Rocky X said:

What for?

:deadbanana2: FENTY launches in Paris on May 22 (this Wednesday)

7 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:deadbanana2: FENTY launches in Paris on May 22 (this Wednesday)

oh :fan:

4 hours ago, Fruity said:

I kinda don't want music to clash with the release of Fenty Maison because that should have it's own moment independent of her music prowess.

I can't help but feel like Fenty Maison is being rushed with no time to build hype??

Q1+Q2 being R9 focused and Q3+Q4 Fenty focused with a September release would've made more sense to me. I don't really understand why they chose this timeline.

:skull:Really? How much more hype do you need it to have. She made every headline from ABC news, Today show, CNN, BBC, Reuters, etc. 

The IG account received good amount of follows without a single post. 

The news helped LVMH stocks jump. 

- They been working on designs for well over a year. She will very likely be on another mag cover soon. 

&if she does walk the carpet at Cannes next week she’ll dominate headlines even more again. 

Isn't Cannes a festival for movies? Then why would she be there? Is it for Guava Island or just for being Rihanna, the star?!