twenty one pilots' impressive accomplishments

shadesofcoolxx

IEH08WD.gif

The band has met with great success after touring and playing festivals all across the globe since they first launched their career back on 2009, after a member change on 2011 where two of the members left the band and current drummer Josh Dun joined, they've only become more and more successful, creating a hardcore fanbase as a result from their non-stopping touring, which made their second label release ''Blurryface'' debut number one on the Billboard 200 chart back on 2015 without any hit at all. 

Nothing was the same after that, later that year they released their smashing, Grammy award winning single ''Stressed Out'' and the hits ''Ride'' and ''Heathens'', they had a sold out arena (and occasionally stadium) tour that visited North and South America, Europe and Oceania, with over 230 played shows. After finishing the album cycle with 5 sold out shows in different venues at their hometown of Columbus, Ohio to celebrate the success, they are expected to release the follow-up to 2015's ''Blurryface'' in late 2017 or early 2018.

The duo also received 5 Grammy Award nominations earlier this year, they have definitely stablished themselves as one of the hottest acts and some of the best performers of our generation, here are some more of their impressive chart accomplishments: 

Almost every single track on twenty one pilots' Blurryface has an official RIAA certification, Gold or Platinum, their label debut 'Vessel' is a similar case, in which 6 of 12 album tracks have scanned Gold or Platinum as well. They made history on the Hot Rock Songs chart by dominating the top 3 positions with their singles Stressed Out, Ride and Heathens. They dominated the chart for more than 59 consecutive weeks with three different songs.

This kind of dominance on Hot Rock Songs historically? Unprecedented. Since the chart began in 2009, never before had a single artist held each of the top three positions at year's end. Two came close: Foo Fighters ranked Nos. 1 and 3 in 2011, with "Rope" and "Walk," respectively, while in 2014, Lorde placed at Nos. 2 and 3 with "Team" and "Royals," respectively.

Vessel **Platinum (1M units sold)** #21 Peak on Billboard 200 (currently on #126 after 154 weeks of charting)
1. Ode to Sleep **Gold (500k units sold)**
2. Holding On to You **Platinum (1M units sold)**
3. Migraine **Gold (500k units sold)**
4. House of Gold **Platinum (1M units sold)**
5. Car Radio **Platinum (1M units sold)**
6. Semi-Automatic
7. Screen
8. The Run and Go
9. Fake You Out
10. Guns for Hands **Gold (500k units sold)**
11. Trees
12. Truce 

Blurryface **3x Platinum (3M units sold)** #1 Peak on Billboard 200 (currently on #50 after 115 weeks of charting)
1. Heavydirtysoul **Gold (500k units sold)**
2. Stressed Out **6x Platinum (6M units sold)** #2 Peak on Billboard Hot 100
3. Ride **4x Platinum (4M units sold)** #5 Peak on Billboard Hot 100
4. Fairly Local **Gold (500k units sold)** #84 Peak on Billboard Hot 100
5. Tear In My Heart **Platinum (1M units sold)** #82 Peak on Billboard Hot 100
6. Lane Boy **Gold (500k units sold)**
7. The Judge **Gold (500k units sold)**
8. Doubt **Gold (500k units sold)**
9. Polarize **Gold (500k units sold)**
10. We Don't Believe What's On TV
11. Message Man **Gold (500k units sold)**
12. Hometown
13. Not Today
14. Goner

SUICIDE SQUAD **Platinum (1M units sold)**
Heathens **5x Platinum (5M units sold)** #2 Peak on Billboard Hot 100

Vessel has been streamed almost one billion times on Spotify, Blurryface more than two billion times.

It is also worth noting that they are completely in charge and involved with their music and sound, all of their songs are written by Tyler Joseph, the lead vocalist himself, which was named the top songwriter of 2016, above hit-makers like Max Martin, he is also always the co-producer on every single track, only sharing credits with one or two more people at most.

:clap3: :clap3::clap3:

Edited by shadesofcoolxx

Kings

Yeah, they kinda ruled last year. Heathens, Stressed Out and Ride were monster hits.

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Yeah, they kinda ruled last year. Heathens, Stressed Out and Ride were monster hits.

this year too, even though they aren't on the radio as much, this year 16 certifications by RIAA were updated or given, that's very nice :clap3: 

Blurryface was so big :clap3:I heard Stressed Out and Ride everywhere I went. 

My kings really did that! So happy to stan for such wonderfully sexy artists! :smitten: 

K    I    N    G    S

I-/

:worship2: :worship2:

Their next alburm will be extremely interesting, kind of impatient but take your time you sexy heathens 

Stressed Out was kinda my guilty pleasure of last year. 

"Vessel" crossed 800k mark in pure sales.

main pop gurls ✔︎

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.